Dumb ass stupid hairy over grown cows...

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The truth has not come out. There are 3 sides to the story. The students, the schools and the truth.

The fact is 18 random players are tested after every playoff game. It doesn't add up. The team also randomly tests players all year using the same company that performs the NCAA tests. This kid was the only one who failed. Does not make sense that a staff member was handing out a banned substance and he is the only one who failed.

I get it he's mad, his parents are mad, hell the coaches and school are mad. It's pretty harsh penalty for a first offense and especially something like a stimulant. How many college kids are using these high caffeine energy drinks? Yeah they are illegal stimulants under the NCAA.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What was the substance I can’t believe it no one can say. At what level was it present ?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
No excuses these drugs are banned for a reason becuase of the effect it has on the bodies of some athletes who take them. So the NCAA makes a decision to safeguard against all potential law suits making the playing field even across the board. As far as Brock is concerned he is an adult who should have made sure without a doubt that what he was putting in his body was 100 percent NCAA approved. What's crazy is that he was the only one who didnt pass a drug test when 17 others were also found to have tested negative.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have no clue what the banned substance was other than it was a stimulant. Kind of a broad term. Back in the day, when I was a college athlete, well before any testing was done and never heard of growth hormones, a new assistant coach came in and he was heavy into weight training. He suggested we use this powder mix when lifting. Called it a protein supplement. To this day I have no idea what we were using. Can't even say it was of any benefit. My main point is at that age we pretty much were willing to do anything that seemed ok and would give us a benefit. Feel g=bad for Mr. Robbins.

P.S. - Not an NDSU grad.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No excuses these drugs are banned for a reason becuase of the effect it has on the bodies of some athletes who take them. So the NCAA makes a decision to safeguard against all potential law suits making the playing field even across the board. As far as Brock is concerned he is an adult who should have made sure without a doubt that what he was putting in his body was 100 percent NCAA approved. What's crazy is that he was the only one who didnt pass a drug test when 17 others were also found to have tested negative.

i am not saying its ok to take. The ncaa should make a data of approved sups if they are going to be this stringent. Every other org that tests like this does. Do they have usada do the tests for them? Athletes better be keeping samples of all sups from this point on to be able to clear situations like this up

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My stimulant at NDSU was beer and I never knew them to test one for stimulants back then either.
Beer as a stimulant works good to a certain point mainly for the brain and then it seem to slow everything done somewhat.

One night this young farm lady refuse to get me home from the river as I was in my slow stage at the moment. Next thing that I remember was being in my bed in the morning by myself as I remember. I do not remember every seeing her again but at the moment I remember her looking good as they all did at that stage of the evening. I think she had a problem with my advances. Not sure but common sense maybe says so.

But I was home free as i was not a jock and they did not test in those days. db

- - - Updated - - -

I would be willing to say, I am sure she regrets missing the opportunity at the time she had the next day and thinks about it often from over 50 years ago.. db

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The big deal is this supplement was provided to him by a trusted NDSU staff member. The only reason he came out is because he thinks he was wronged by the staff because they never owned up to it. Why would his mother who is a ndsu hall of famer bring this public with nothing to gain and all to lose?

Many former players have also come out to support Brock Robbins by outing who they believe supplied the supplements (Brian Newman). I guess many of the players were not a fan of him.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Till what was found and what levels it was found at and who did the testing is said this is one of the most horrible doping accusations ever. At least Jon Jones could blame his dick pills. If the the ncaa would have usada do their testing I think a shit storm would ensue. Where does the ncaa list banned substances

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
The big deal is this supplement was provided to him by a trusted NDSU staff member. The only reason he came out is because he thinks he was wronged by the staff because they never owned up to it. Why would his mother who is a ndsu hall of famer bring this public with nothing to gain and all to lose?

Many former players have also come out to support Brock Robbins by outing who they believe supplied the supplements (Brian Newman). I guess many of the players were not a fan of him.

Is it a known fact that he was given the banned substance by another individual? I’ve only read one side of the story so far.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is it a known fact that he was given the banned substance by another individual? I’ve only read one side of the story so far.
That’s a negatory, nothing is a know fact at this point. That’s is why an investigation should be done. This is not just a small slap on the wrist for a player, he was banned for his full final year. There is not benefit for him to push this publicly if he is lying. He got screwed, ndsu didn’t own up to it and now his family is not backing down nor would I.

- - - Updated - - -

Even the Bison lap dogs want to get to the bottom of this issue ( about time now that it is over a month after this all went down) : https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4565835-can-has-been-opened-its-ndsu-close-it-we-need-know-if-staffer-provided

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
The thing about lying is, when you’re in, you need to be all in. I don’t know anyone involved in this, but I’m not going to believe what that young man is saying unless it can be proved. People are capable of doing terrible things. It’s not unreasonable to think he might have lied. The only real truth at this point is that he was tested and failed said test.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Much ado about nothing really. This happens every year to some team. Kid takes too much of something or doesn't follow directions and he gets burned. Then it's always somebody elses fault.

GOLFER

The mighty Bison have been invited to the White House by Trump. All you haters have to love the team now since the greatest and smartest president ever did the inviting.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about those BISON!! Going to the big dance. Top 20 track and field team! What a great school!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75