Computer help

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Commador 64 I might part ways with....

I'd go the laptop route. The wife went back to school so I got her one of the Lenovo yogas. It's the best of both worlds. It's a laptop but you can flip it over the keyboard and use it as a tablet or connect it to the TV and use a wirless keyboard. I found it at best by in their clearnce section. No box or charger but had everything else and was something like $800 of the new one.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Microsoft surface keyboard and an external hard drive. Save all your data on a hard drive that's what i do

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honestly, if I were in your shoes I would go with something like this. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAEYA8HB5992&ignorebbr=1

or this

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA0S77Y8398&ignorebbr=1

If you go with something like what I have linked, you would want to then add a $50 1 terabyte Seagate external Hard Drive from Best Buy ( super easy to do, simply plug into a usb port and your good to go) and save any of your images/videos/work documents etc directly to it. This serves two purposes, first it's cheap, easy, and portable storage should you need to take that data with you somewhere. Two, in ten years when it's time to upgrade again there's no worries about being able to recover the important Data that was on the Hard Drive of the computer that just took a shit on ya because you've been saving it to your external hard drive and can just plug it right into your next new computer.

For what your using the computer for, an i5 processor is plenty powerful, hell an i3 would probably be sufficient as long as you have plenty of ram and a Solid State Drive.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86