WTF?? How MN is going to deal with CWD this month...wow!

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
WOW? I called the NDGF the other day and asked them about what Jay said. How many confirmed dear deaths have been caused by CWD. They couldn't give me an answer. Imagine that Huh. :;:stirthepot

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There’s so many Deer in mn the season should be open year round with a daily limit of two

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s really weird. It’s not like there is deer dying all over the place from this. Hell if just ONE dies in ND from it is on the news. It’s like big deal one deer out of a thousand tested positive, doesn’t sound like that big of a deal. It’s most likely always been around and is more prevalent in areas with higher deer populations. Well no shit Sherlock! How is killing a bunch of deer gonna stop it? These people are educated? They make about as much sense as libturds...

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
There’s so many Deer in mn the season should be open year round with a daily limit of two

Negative!!
The northeast is still very much struggling.

Bottom line, MN has the shittiest bunch of liberal/ agenda driven bio's of any state.
Anything to get their name in the news!

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
[h=1]DPA 346 special CWD hunt[/h]
A special deer hunt to help limit the spread of chronic wasting disease in wild deer is scheduled in January and February.
[h=3]Dates[/h]
  • Friday, Jan. 25, through Sunday, Jan. 27
  • Friday, Feb. 1, through Sunday, Feb. 3

The hunt will occur in deer permit area 346. Details about the hunt, including information about hunting in Great River Bluffs State Park and King's and Queen's Bluffs Scientific and Natural Area, will be posted as they become available.
This hunt is one step DNR is taking following the discovery of chronic wasting disease this fall in a wild deer harvested in Houston County. Collecting additional samples will help determine the extent of the infection in this area.
Harvesting deer across a broad area is intended to lower populations locally and remove males because they can move the disease longer distances. This helps reduce the opportunity for deer to spread the disease across a larger geographic area and potentially removes CWD-positive animals from areas where the disease exists.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's funny: IF the landowner grants permission. Has anyone hunted SE MN before, or know of anyone that does so? You have better luck pounding on a Montana rancher's door and asking to shoot the 300-class bull elk on his property than getting on a SE Sota's property to shoot all his deer because the DNR said so.

Pretty sure this is the area where QDMA is huge and they successfully rallied to make minimum antler requirements a priority so they can grow bigger deer.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
[FONT=&quot]“remove males because they can move the disease longer distances. This helps reduce the opportunity for deer to spread the disease across a larger geographic area”[/FONT]

- - - Updated - - -

ba ha ha - so scientific

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I lived and hunted in southern mn for quite awhile. Your not getting on any land to speak of and your using a shotgun so your not road hunting either. And little to no public land

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll stick my neck out here. It's a communicable disease that can only be tested for by necropsy. What would be other options to try to contain it?

Founding Member
Founding Member
I lived and hunted in southern mn for quite awhile. Your not getting on any land to speak of and your using a shotgun so your not road hunting either. And little to no public land

You can use rifles and don't even have to wear orange...wtf!

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
“remove males because they can move the disease longer distances. This helps reduce the opportunity for deer to spread the disease across a larger geographic area”

- - - Updated - - -

ba ha ha - so scientific

Nice that they have it when most of the “males” have dropped their antlers.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reason I wouldn't live in that state if they paid me, they have no logical thinking process whats so ever, I'd go to MT before I go to MN.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
being that close to sconni should not be hard to run operation clean sweep

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep in mind folks that our own NDGF is looking at putting a statewide bait ban on to control CWD which is what MN, WY, and WI (county by county) all have already in place and CWD is still expanding in all those states. Additionally, WI tried eradication (FAILED) and now MN is trying the eradication process even after the WI fiasco failed. So just to clarify. Wisconsin has tried both ideas and they failed to accomplish any kind of CWD control. MN has tried the bait ban for years and failed to control CWD, so now they are trying the eradication process which has already FAILED in Wisconsin. Let's see.....KILL all the deer with bullets so they don't DIE from CWD. HUH!?!?! Wyoming has had a statewide bait ban for CWD control for 18 years and CWD has expanded by almost 38 million acres during that same time period. Now our own ND wants to put a statewide bait ban in place for CWD control. Seems to me the same LUNACY is alive and well right here in good ole ND. The question is, will the sportsmen of ND allow it?? Call your governor and make your voice heard or we may see this same STUPIDITY right here.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
dont forget colorado wiped out the mule deer in an area and it still has not recovered and cwd is still there. Its walking over a dollar to save 10 cents

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76