Mt Lion killed in Bismarck

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Betting you could track that thing right down the RR tracks to the river bottoms.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bet the guy who spotted it in his back yard this morning needed a clean pair of shorts afterwards?
Betting you could track that thing right down the RR tracks to the river bottoms.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Capture.JPG

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
“Cops kill cat that was just trying to get some extra batting practice in.”
-cnn

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
The comments on a few of the stories online are enough to drive a guy to drink

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Played nice the first time: sedate, tag, relocate. Find that critter in town again = critter needs deaded. Clearly lacks a healthy fear of people. That’s a dangerous cat.

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cops kill innocent, harmless cat to feed their own ego, and give high fives to each other afterward. Child left crying after losing its pet

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm betting the game and fish was getting all ready to deny that it was really a mountain lion right up until they found the goddamn thing! At that point it was probably an oh shit there's no sweeping this one under the rug kind of moment!

As for how they handled it there was no other way to do it in this day and age. You shoot that thing with a tranq and it takes off and hurts someone or runs out into Washington street and causes an accident your ass is getting sued faster than you can blink!

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too bad that the result was by 'dispatching' the cat. Can't police find a better term for terminating it? :confused:

I understand that it's important to keep our citizens safe from these kinds of harm, but damn, let's get a new process implemented in lieu of sitting back until the next one happens. We ALL understand that the expanded range for Moose, Cougar, Elk, etc. is increasing. Is this topic too hard to converge upon and come up with alternative plans? My .02 cents

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too bad that the result was by 'dispatching' the cat. Can't police find a better term for terminating it? :confused:

I understand that it's important to keep our citizens safe from these kinds of harm, but damn, let's get a new process implemented in lieu of sitting back until the next one happens. We ALL understand that the expanded range for Moose, Cougar, Elk, etc. is increasing. Is this topic too hard to converge upon and come up with alternative plans? My .02 cents

I'm all ears. What would you suggest? My two-cents is that it was handled about exactly right.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member

Is “terminating” a better term than “dispatching?” Maybe they should say the cat “ate a bullet,” or “died of kinetic lead poisoning,” or “took one for the team.” Semantics...

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somehow that cat crossed the river. Swimming? In the back of a g&f vehicle? The cat was reported to have been spotted in Bismarck before the ice.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Somehow that cat crossed the river. Swimming? In the back of a g&f vehicle? The cat was reported to have been spotted in Bismarck before the ice.

I have seen with my own eyes, deer crossing over a highway in Mandan, on a railroad bridge. I see no reason why a mountain lion couldn't cross any one of the four bridges in Bismarck/Mandan. It may have been unlikely, but it surely is possible. Otherwise, it could have swam across.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is really no way of knowing that this is the same cat that has been spotted in N. Bismarck in the past weeks. It very likely could be, but there is a decent possibility it isn't. We have now had two cats shot in or near Bismarck in the past few months, those are almost certainly not the only two in the area.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, there are lions everywhere.... the coming invasion is massive they view the train bridge as a type of oversized kitty playhouse like you'd buy at petco for Mittens and Scritches.

Really only 2 options... remove the train bridge (true reasoning behind BNSFs replacement) .

Or build a wall.

NDGF is backing the historical preservation of the bridge as a way to continue lion propegation to the east as gas and trailer cost have skyrocketed.

The anti bridge preservation is being led by the womens organization of Bismarcks bay developments who wish to maintain their monopoly of being the true cougars of Burleigh county.

I mean i think... or maybe thats all just as crazy as the overreaction to lions in ND and some wierd policy of denial and misdirection.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76