Mt Lion killed in Bismarck

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do we know this Cat wasn't just going to the zoo to visit some friends that are in the "big house" and maybe have a little snack on the way in?

See kids, this is why you don't go to the zoo.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wait till the wolves show up at the civic center

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
thiught this guy was an easy meal

Attachments

image.jpeg

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Must of escaped the GNF holding pen before they could get it into the horse trailer for stocking.:;:stirthepot

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, there are lions everywhere.... the coming invasion is massive they view the train bridge as a type of oversized kitty playhouse like you'd buy at petco for Mittens and Scritches.

Really only 2 options... remove the train bridge (true reasoning behind BNSFs replacement) .

Or build a wall.

NDGF is backing the historical preservation of the bridge as a way to continue lion propegation to the east as gas and trailer cost have skyrocketed.

The anti bridge preservation is being led by the womens organization of Bismarcks bay developments who wish to maintain their monopoly of being the true cougars of Burleigh county.

I mean i think... or maybe thats all just as crazy as the overreaction to lions in ND and some wierd policy of denial and misdirection.

All joking aside thinking about it the train Bridge is a highly likely candidate in this case. No traffic across it to scare It off so it crosses over follows the corridor the tracks run on since it's one of the only wild corridors in that area and where does that take you within a half a block of a ball diamond. And not so surprisingly right we're at the train tracks finally meet town in a way that would intimidate the cat enough to get him off the tracks.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dean, You should sneak in and put a trail cam up and post some pictures, Sounds like a perfect bottleneck .

Nmariner

Established Member
following the train tracks he also would have had to cross Main St (By Eide Dodge/Chrysler). I would think he swam the river and was either following the river North or South and ran into Bismarck. Bismarck creates a corridor for any animal following the river North or South especially for any animal traveling south (look at Google Earth and you will get the picture).

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
QUOTE=gr8outdoors;233109]I personally have seen a lot of cougers, albeit they were at the bar![/QUOTE]

Like my camo a few years ago. Mossy Cougar Break-up.

10-28-15.JPG

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Instead of wearing this

137474_G_1440572481289.jpg

wouldn't something like this be warmer in cold temps?? :;:huh

il_570xN.111162340.jpg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
We ran into it Xmas wknd south closer to airport. Don't know name of Park area. Gave my 12 yr old a stretch of running far enough the shock collar wouldn't work. It's just another kitty folks. Something for a gsp to chase

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Must of escaped the GNF holding pen before they could get it into the horse trailer for stocking.:;:stirthepot

Now that's an oldie but a goodie...I totally forgot about that thread.

I should have saved some of those for later reading enjoyment. :cool:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76