Half a wall ?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why didn’t he secure wall funding in the last 2 years, when he could’ve done it with zero democrat votes? If he couldn’t get it done with a super majority, how will he get it done now?

It takes 60 votes in the Senate not just a simple majority. Not a single dem would cross the line but they preach about bi-partisan legislation

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
It takes 60 votes in the Senate not just a simple majority. Not a single dem would cross the line but they preach about bi-partisan legislation
He passed the tax cuts without any Dem support. Why not tack the wall onto that bill if they all really wanted it? Or is it just posturing so he can blame his promises not kept on the Dems?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I doubt that any of us will ever see a 2000 mile border wall in our lifetime. We all might agree that we need border security but Iv'e said all along that it isn't as simple as building a wall and solving the problem. It's foolish to build roads so we can build a wall on some of those long stretches of barren land where nobody can survive the elements. To me it makes more sense to fund college drone programs and fly these areas . Technology is in place all we have to do is use it . Hell broadcast the drone footage for the general public to view 24/7 and create a report all border jumpers program. No matter if there is a wall or not it still needs to be monitored. Some of this area is in great need of a wall and some areas not. Another point to ponder , I'm guessing there's probably more corruption going on at some of the ports of entry than we would ever believe.

Z

Even the Border patrol for the south border tend to agree https://qz.com/1520651/border-patrol-agents-in-texas-showed-trump-why-his-wall-wont-work/

Where are the engineers ? https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/test-steel-prototype-border-wall-showed-it-could-be-sawed-n956856

- - - Updated - - -

Create a few jobs for disabled people monitoring drone footage , Can do that from anywhere in the USA.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey, I think you misunderstand some things. First, I don't think even El Presidente is actually thinking of a wall along every single mile of the border. Secondly, we get it...most drugs and other contraband are not carried through the desert by illegal aliens seeking to relocate to America, because we're talking about bulk...it really does come through at the check points. Thirdly, if we didn't have so many border agents out patrolling the desert, perhaps a few more would be available for doing thorough inspections at the established border crossings.

I've seen a fair number of actual ICE/CBP people talking about wanting a wall (including Obama's former head of CBP). That article was written by someone not liking Trump, and interpreting things confiscated at the border crossings as evidence the wall is not needed. The wall is better suited for guiding "asylum seekers" to the official border crossings than it ever will be in stopping the flow of drugs. In that sense I say, build the wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, and do like they do in South Korea for walls intended to keep people out. Rim the top with either concertina wire or glass bottles embedded in concrete and then broken off.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not just build the wall on the Mexican side and call it foreign aid?
����

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Iv'e pretty much quit paying attention to what trump said or what the democrats said or what the media says that trump said or what both sides of the isle said. Once the senseless Gov. shutdown over the wall is finally over we will forever hear from both sides that it was the other sides fault.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is all on liberal idiots. And the people that voted them in...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why didn’t he secure wall funding in the last 2 years, when he could’ve done it with zero democrat votes? If he couldn’t get it done with a super majority, how will he get it done now?
that's a good question. but the real questions is why hasn't the funding been secured since 06' when the building of the wall passed?

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck with that on a 30' wall. And I'd run electric wire in several locations on the wall too. And there is going to be sensors up the ass along this wall. In ground and above.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fly Carpin,
I don't know exactly what you are seeking here. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has ever thought we would see a 2000 mile long wall. Certainly not for a mere $5B. There are legitimate Mother Nature designed barriers that need not be ignored. When the southern, southerners design a way around the edge of the wall, it can be added on to.

It's like you feel the need to take The Don literally. The dude is a used car salesman, everything is the hugest and bestest to him. Try to not take his words so literal because he really is an idiot/ass at times.

- - - Updated - - -

My position is that the wall should be built to whatever dimensions the heads of ICE and CBP suggest based on their data, field reports, and reasonable assumptions.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe there are GoFundMe accounts looking for your money.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fly Carpin,
I don't know exactly what you are seeking here. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has ever thought we would see a 2000 mile long wall. Certainly not for a mere $5B. There are legitimate Mother Nature designed barriers that need not be ignored. When the southern, southerners design a way around the edge of the wall, it can be added on to.

It's like you feel the need to take The Don literally. The dude is a used car salesman, everything is the hugest and bestest to him. Try to not take his words so literal because he really is an idiot/ass at times.

I’d say you have a pretty good handle on what I’m seeking. He sees a yuge, beautiful, never been seen before steel barrier. Across the entire southern border. If we can’t take him at his word/tweets/nonsensical Fox & Friends call-ins, what do we take him at?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didnt vote for him and I don't care one way or the other about the wall. But, the democrats shutting down the guberment over 5 billion is fucking stupid. We piss that much away in half a day or less every day 365 days a year. He is the president. Voted in by the people of this country with the promise to build a wall whether you support him or not. Give the man his $ for his pet project for fucks sake.

Last edited:

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beware of the Mexican Olympic pole vault team in the future.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is all on liberal idiots. And the people that voted them in...

And the democrats are saying this is all on trump and the people that voted him in.

Do you see where the problem is ? and how we got to this point and where we are headed ? This wall is dividing the people of our country better than it will divide Mexico from USA. This is a couple years old but it's more true today than when it was written . Surprised it is still online, The one I wanted to post said no longer available.

http://www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/top-news/divide-conquer-101-america-destabilized-within/

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The infamously liberal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals just sided with the Trump Administration on a border wall case, as The Hill reports:

A California-based federal appeals court on Monday sided with the Trump administration in lawsuits brought by states and environmental groups challenging the U.S. government’s authority to expedite construction of barriers along the border with Mexico.

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in a 2-1 ruling said the Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 gives the Department of Homeland Security broad authority to construct the border barriers and waive environmental laws in the process.

The ruling affirms a district court’s decision that allowed the federal government to construct wall “prototypes” and replace 14 miles of primary fencing near San Diego and replace similar fencing along a three-mile strip near Calexico, Calif.

The appeals court decision also narrows the path for environmental groups to launch legal challenges to President Trump’s proposed border wall.

This is a rare victory for the President at the Ninth Circuit, which has ruled against him on several occasions.
Now the GOAT needs his funds

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85