Half a wall ?

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since 1953 we have been in South Korea protecting their border. Why are we arguing over protecting our own border??

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Build the wall!

Davey the 5 billion Trump wants right now is not nearly enough to pay for the whole thing. I’m sure they will get the priority areas done first. At total the wall will cost over 20 billion I believe.

The democrats waste billions of dollars on their nonsense so let Trump build his wall and we will see if it is nonsense!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I look at this wall the way I look at the war on drugs. It might look good and feel good but if the demand is there a way will be found. Crack down hard on people that hire illegals. Good luck getting our members of congress to do that. Their cronies, their donors, and themselves are making money off of them.
On the surface that sounds great except the majority have such amazing fake identification that it often takes border patrol 48 hours to determine they’re fake. No way in hell employers could.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Dems don't care about what is good for the country they just want the voters, The Dems don't want to stop illegal drugs from coming in to our country that is big business, as to drug companies curing cancer, If they want to build a wall take the the money they confiscated from El Chappo when they busted him, Just my opinion

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The Dems don't care about what is good for the country they just want the voters, The Dems don't want to stop illegal drugs from coming in to our country that is big business, as to drug companies curing cancer, If they want to build a wall take the the money they confiscated from El Chappo when they busted him, Just my opinion
That would work. Kind of like Mexico paying for it.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how long there would be a shutdown when Congress doesnt get paid? Dont have to worry about the GOAT he is working for free.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They need to just tax every financial transaction to Mexico to pay for the wall and be done with it.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe we should cut foreign aide to some of these countries that encourage these illegals to caravan up and try to cross our border. I haven't dug into it, but I bet it would be more then enough to do border protection. At least get it started anyway. It sounds like the savings to the US taxpayer alone would be huge if this comprehensive border security plan is implemented.

Fish On!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
0017D623-D7A7-403B-8858-2FB53B7AA45C.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Gene Hanson,
Edgeley, ND

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pelosi just vowed to send another 12Billion to central america or somewhere down that way. Instead of 5 Billion for a wall.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I am probably overly conservative when compared to most, I don't want to deny national security by any means but spending money wisely has always been something worth while pondering. I keep looking at the running debt clock and wonder when the wheels fall off. It's not a matter of if but when.

If I knew the full wall would fix the problem I'd be all in but in reality I don't see it putting an end to illegal immigration , Slow it down yes but a cure all , No. If we built a full wall that was impossible to scale we would still have just as many border patrols , At least I think so , Jobs like that once created never go away. Built up in the high traffic areas now and extend a good wall further out into no mans land where if they try to cross on foot they won't make it, That problem will fix itself.

I don't know what to believe anymore because the way news media report news these days but from what I gather most of the problem is from them overstaying their greencards and getting lost in the shuffle. If that is true , A wall won't help for those instances. Most of the big drug shipments are making it here through the ports of entry and most in shipping containers from what I gather.
The only way I can see stopping that is more x-ray machines at ports of entrys Also many paperless illegal Mexicans make it through the ports in Semi trucks.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
the walls that are in place have curbed illegal entrance something like 98 percent in those areas. you can build a wall that is nearly impossible to breach. especially by common folk that are just coming here for work or to mooch. the ones that will find a way around the wall will be the smugglers, etc. no we won't get rid of any border patrol agents but right now they are overwhelmed to the max. the wall will free them up to do more work in preventing those that can get around the wall from getting around it. and it will give them more time to seek drug dealers and human traffickers. that is the big thing these agents want. Even if the wall was only 90% effective imagine what that will do over time to reduce the 156 billion dollars a year we are spending on aid/assistance/medical to these illegals that are getting into this country. Just putting a minor dent in that would pay for a massive wall across the south border. It will also pay for more x-ray's at ports and more staff at border crossings etc. etc. The wall is a tool not an end all. That's the problem with how many look at it. And the left wants people to think of it as an end all so that they can easily convince you it's not an end all and you'll give up on it. If it's looked at as a tool only they will have a hell of a time convincing you it isn't worth while.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why didn’t he secure wall funding in the last 2 years, when he could’ve done it with zero democrat votes? If he couldn’t get it done with a super majority, how will he get it done now?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Soon as dems have both houses and presidency, they will grant citizenship to all illegals and our country will never be the same again. Conservatives will likely never be in power again either...

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why didn’t he secure wall funding in the last 2 years, when he could’ve done it with zero democrat votes? If he couldn’t get it done with a super majority, how will he get it done now?

Because you are wrong in assuming he didn't need democrat votes. The Senate requires a super majority, eg. 60 votes to avoid the threat of a filibuster. The Republicans only had 51 members of the Senate, so he needed to drag along another 9 Dems. Not saying it couldn't have been done, but I think there was some push back from the Dems on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Note, in Trump's defense...he asked Mitch McConnel to change the rules of the Senate to allow funding for the wall to be passed with a bare majority. McConnel didn't like that approach because it was something the Dems did with Obamacare, they sometimes refer to this as the "Nuclear Option".

I hate that term, it makes me think we have idiots running the country when they compare something like a simple frigging vote to the destruction of an atomic bomb. Morons....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76