Half a wall ?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes me mad the direction the two party system is heading things up these days. I get the feeling that both sides are pointing fingers and arguing just to argue because of first and second place status when they could and should be co-holders of the first place trophy.
Having never been there to see it in real life I looked at US/Mexico border on satellite images last night for a while and there looks to be hundreds of miles of Barron land where nobody in their right mind would try to cross and then areas where they are crossing fairly easy now. My question is, Why do we need to fund and build the whole wall all in one section VS starting in the trouble areas and working our way out from there ?
I hope the negotiations go well today but I'd be surprised if the Dems even showed up for the meeting. Haven't really cared enough to look this morning. Seems like the my way or the highway is getting to be the norm and the Govt shutdown is not healthy for our country IMHO. I'm not picking political sides either way on the issue just looking at other less stubborn options and hoping we can keep it civil so it doesn't end up lost in the political section or worse yet a dumpster fire.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When obozo was in office Schumer and Pelosi both said that some type of wall needs to he built. What's funny is Pelosi has a wall around her property

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
The US Mexico border is over 1900 miles long and the wall everyone in this pissing match about is not even close to that length. I'm having trouble understanding the rational behind this. Oh, but then we are talking about American politicians.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ask any rancher, if there is a hole in the fence they will find it.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ask any rancher, if there is a hole in the fence they will find it.

Right, If there is good fence and then poor fence or an open gate they all try to go out the same hole just like pouring gas through a funnel.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
so leave a few pre determined holes and make the round up easier

- - - Updated - - -

i just saw this re leased

attachment.php

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lock both parties in a room and not let out until some compromise on BOTH sides is agreed upon. Wouldnt take long. and both can claim they are winners and both can claim the other side are losers. Win win..lets get it done.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I look at this wall the way I look at the war on drugs. It might look good and feel good but if the demand is there a way will be found. Crack down hard on people that hire illegals. Good luck getting our members of congress to do that. Their cronies, their donors, and themselves are making money off of them.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
if the wall we have now can be scaled as easy as it looks on tv build the friggen wall the dems are going to spend alot more than 5 bilion protecting the border with technology. only reason the dems don't want a wall is because trump wants it.
chuck and Nancy looked scary to me like watching some weird sci fi movie.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whats up with Chuckys eye? Put a patch on that thing!!

Attachments

chucky2.jpg
Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I told my bride last night while we were watching these two clowns that Chucky looks like a damn alien or something.
Also mentioned why do none or very darn few of these Congress people never get terribly sick or catch cancer until they are darn old????
Don't wish anything on any of them but it sure makes one wonder.
Neither party nowadays wants to do anything for the good of the Country or so it seems. It is party this or party that. Wish we as citizens could put term limits on these Jack Wagons but it will never happen. They shouldn't be getting paid as they haven't done anything worth getting paid for and it seems like for many years. I mean both parties too!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I look at this wall the way I look at the war on drugs. It might look good and feel good but if the demand is there a way will be found. Crack down hard on people that hire illegals. Good luck getting our members of congress to do that. Their cronies, their donors, and themselves are making money off of them.

Not sure I want to get involved in this discussion as I'm not sure there is a perfect answer. Yet here I am. Not convinced that the illegals being hired are the problem. At least they are working. Need to somehow document them so we can start collecting SS and Income Tax.

If it wasn't so attractive to come to this country and receive so many benefits at taxpayer expense perhaps they would not be anxious to come. Too many liberal judges who think everyone needs a free ride. One solution I would like to see tried is "If you are in this country with no legal documentation, no benefits."

It is true that many LEGAL immigrants have benefited themselves as well as this country. My cardiologist came to this country to make a better living and receive an education. She did not come to this country illegally, she went through the proper paperwork. Therein, to me, lies the problem. There is a difference between legal and illegal immigrants. It seems to me that too many liberals don't see the difference.

I'm done.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
And to appease to the Left/Green/Tree huggers, we could power it with SOLAR!!

BOOM!!! Done deal.

and wind talk about looking out for the environment. I would guess a fair amount of fertilizer on the mexican side also

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am just appalled at our congressman/woman, they are not in it for the country, to make the country better, its all about which party gets the leverage over the other...freakin bs mentaility...a power struggle, I am better than you. Some of them have no business being in congress yet they are elected!! One calls our president a motherf**cker and thats perfectly fine, but if the president as some colorful laungage. holy shit, its the end of world. We need protection of some sort, its getting out of hand on the amount of illegals we have here and the free hands out HAS TO STOP it doesn't benefit me other than raping my paycheck. Then if nancy and chucky actually said when Obozo was in office we need to build a wall, then with Trump in office, they are against? Why are the being two face SOB's? Just because they personally don't like Trump?...well holy schitz...And their states are that dumb to re-elect these two is ABSOLUTELY mind boggling. People actually need to send these two emails, letters etc to tell them to grow the f**k up and quit acting like 3 yrs old in a sandbox and work with the people for once. I can keep going with this. but I'll stop.....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76