Inflatable Rescue for Side by Side

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jeepers Shorty, I’d probably look towards a sedative, HBP meds and possibly a massage parlor.

Also, please translate what you just said.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
real life:

- - - Updated - - -

marketing

- - - Updated - - -

more marketing

- - - Updated - - -

https://youtu.be/zrOcOvv2lIw
more marketing

- - - Updated - - -

putting a volunteer or govt employee in danger

- - - Updated - - -

july.jpg July

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I’m taking the craft out on LOW this weekend. They are letting 1/2 ton pickups out tomorrow so 2-3 pounds per square inch of pressure on the ice should be ok.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
if I were to guess his shorts are all knotted, because most of these products are no more the advertisements and are about making money rather than saving lives...at least that would be my take...and if people just used common sense and caution half this crap wouldn't be necessary

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
to be clear - I bought the unit for the freak occurrence where one gets unlucky

I didn't buy it as a license to be stupid on crappy ice

I pray I never use it

I also wear my seatbelt, even though I don't drive like an ####### nor do I race

- - - Updated - - -

real life:

that was incredible

here's a comment below the video

"To clarify things. I was flying the drone, the drone belongs to my friend who was driving the snowmobile. I did object to him driving on the ice that day. He at least had 2 screwdrivers and was wearing a life jacket. This was not staged, but it wasn't completely unexpected either. When I saw him go through I had to call 911, I edited that part of the video, I was also getting the rope ready, which is why you can see I had trouble finding him again for a second, I had just left the drone hovering when I was doing all that. It was my friends instructions that if he went in to get the drone back. I wish I would've set it down on the ice so you could have seen the part where I came flying up on the grass in my car, tied a garden hose, extension cord, and rope together and threw it out close to him. He was finally able to get on solid ice and pull himself out, by that time the fire dept, police and ems were already there, we pulled him back across the ice and got him on shore. So no i'm not a dick or a bad pilot. "

- - - Updated - - -

anywho - I bought one last night, still in the original package, for $275 from a friend who won it in a raffle :;:rockit

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed. I haven’t tried to test out the Wilcraft in blatant over confidence. I do think it is probably the safest option though. If you lower it to just a couple inches over the ice, dropping a tire will simply hit the bottom of the unit and immediate support is there. The main risk of the unit is the inner sealed buckets. If they aren’t seated properly and strapped in, you can go down like the Titanic.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy -- I am not putting you or anybody down for buying a product that helps a person survive. Its a free country. The price of safety is cheap vs what it saves. I wear a seatbelt (except on ice). My point --- I do think with social media that people are seeing pics and marketing and think that earlier ice is now somehow more safe. All the pictures on these facebook groups were people pounding chests because they were the "First one" on the ice --- i have big problem with that as i it puts our first responders in harms way for a purpose that is not necessary. That window up to December 15 is proven as a time when accidents happen. That was my point IMO - rip me at will. I am very much against regulation of timing and season of ice fishing - with ND shutting down lakes -- i could easily see it be regulated.

that picture with the ATV and barrels -- --- under 19 bridge was open all the way out 100 yards or so. We had an awesome day - i didnt fish next to the open water. Biggest fish was caught in the trees well away from the open water-- with that said ----- guess how many people stood right next to the open flowing water from pelly. They had kids dogs etc. My wife shaking her head ------ now it was late ice and it was thick - but one wrong move by a kid and in he/she slides into the water and boom you have a very bad situation. Common sense was out the window for the select few that were fishing the open water --- and the ice next to the open water was not kicking out the decent walleye like the rest of the area. point again - monkey see monkey do - no common sense - i seen many posts that day showing the fishing next to open water. Again the more this is on social media - the more chance of regulation imo. So my comments were not directed at your purchase and i was taking the thread a different direction

ice kills per the MN stats:

Mode of Travel MN– 2014/15 through 2018/19 (18 deaths in five seasons):Snowmobile or ATV/UTV 15 (83%)Other Motor Vehicle 3 (17%)On Foot 0 (0%)Total 18 (100%)

0 on foot --- and only 2 with car/truck and 1 with a skidsteer

6 of the deaths happened form middle of Dec to March --- 12 happened early ice or late ice (dec/nov or april).

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you have any other fishing or hunting death stats to get the Christmas Spirit flowing?

:;:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
So the Wilcraft doesn't have foam for flotation within the seats, etc?

I'd think I'd want it that way, even if it's not supposed to need it.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
wilcraft looks very tippy to me. I watched some video's and they do climb on top of the ice from floating. Be nice early ice and spring.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyway - thanks for all the great feedback on emergency flotation systems

:;:smokin;:;boozer:;:duel

^^^ me living dangerously just to spite Short

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
So the Wilcraft doesn't have foam for flotation within the seats, etc?

I'd think I'd want it that way, even if it's not supposed to need it.

They do have some and with the big tire models, they probably still kind of float if the buckets blow out.

I drove my old one in the water on purpose(70 degree day). It floated really well actually. That was after I didn’t have the bucket strapped in and I sunk to the bottom in 2 fow. Luckily I was just testing and drove out. Had to let all the water drain before I tried it again.

RPNLPS

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Everything in this world we live in today is made for idiots who can’t figure anything out on there own!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
They do have some and with the big tire models, they probably still kind of float if the buckets blow out.

I drove my old one in the water on purpose(70 degree day). It floated really well actually. That was after I didn’t have the bucket strapped in and I sunk to the bottom in 2 fow. Luckily I was just testing and drove out. Had to let all the water drain before I tried it again.

what bucket are you talking about? is there holes in the bottom of the boat to fish out of?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put balloons in my pants, and a big floppy hat. Never had to test it out, but knowing just makes it neat

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
what bucket are you talking about? is there holes in the bottom of the boat to fish out of?

Yes, there are small buckets that have a seal around them that you pull out to drill your holes. Pretty neat design actually.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why don't we see more Argo's out on the ice?

I operated an 8x8 Argo for 2 summers of work back in college. Very capable machine, never any mechanical issues.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 164
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76