Big news in the whitetail world, new world record!

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/editorial/brewsters-non-typical-buck-world-record/330630

FB_IMG_1547138364410.jpg

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
pretty neat

sort of ghoulish though - how people orgasm about big racks - the desire to possess, hold, see, be near.... like it's a Stanley Cup or some such

ha ha - I guess idolatry is as old as the hills

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wow! Would really like to hear to full story of the hunt, the more details the more interesting it would be.

Good for that guy.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow! Would really like to hear to full story of the hunt, the more details the more interesting it would be.

Good for that guy.

Hunter sit in tree, deer walk by tree, hunter not screw up.

I think it's really that last little part that would have gotten most of us.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hell of a European mount, just missing the FACE. Got a little saw happy I guess.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Details......

Deer raised in private heavily posted area with no other pressure....deer fed crap tons of genetically modified food plots for many years until it was a giant......deer finally deemed mature and walked up to and shot.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer raised in private heavily posted area with no other pressure....deer fed crap tons of genetically modified food plots for many years until it was a giant......deer finally deemed mature and walked up to and shot.

This is my guess.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Dissapointing story, I give it a C-

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah, why in gods name would you have a deer like that and not cape him out for a full mount. Unless he was dead on the side of the road.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah, why in gods name would you have a deer like that and not cape him out for a full mount. Unless he was dead on the side of the road.

You do know when they get mounted that’s how they skull cap them. Just a guess but I would assume the cape is at the taxidermist

- - - Updated - - -

So I read the story it is a free range deer shot in Illinois. Congrats to the guy and get ready for the hate train.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kind of weird place for a buck of that caliber to be killed. That county doesn't exactly have the amount of escape cover you'd expect for something to get that big. Sounds like this guy is from VA and was "invited to hunt this deer". Will be interesting to hear the rest of the story as they say.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not crazy about non-typical racks, just looks deformed. Something just looks wrong.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kind of weird place for a buck of that caliber to be killed. That county doesn't exactly have the amount of escape cover you'd expect for something to get that big. Sounds like this guy is from VA and was "invited to hunt this deer". Will be interesting to hear the rest of the story as they say.

:;:sorry post
Does bowbells ND have pleanty of escape cover?

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member

You also realize that’s how you have to LEGALLY transport any animal from different states eh? Due to CWD. No spinal cord, flesh and or brain matter also must be able to identify sex ie teste or titty left on 1 hind qtr . Very common out west cape it and take it down to skull plate give hide to taxidermist

- - - Updated - - -

I take it your an eastern boy��. Haha just given you a hard time. Guys will lotta Times cape it on the spot especially elk as it shaves a lot of weight on the pack out

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
You do know when they get mounted that’s how they skull cap them. Just a guess but I would assume the cape is at the taxidermist

- - - Updated - - -

So I read the story it is a free range deer shot in Illinois. Congrats to the guy and get ready for the hate train.

No. I didn’t know that. I guess I’ve never had the urge to spend a crap load of money to hang a deer on the wall. That and I’ve never shot one big enough.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76