So are we going to set the record?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jan 18th is the latest freeze up on Sakakawea and by the looks of the lake and the forecast the record looks most definitely within range! Almost have to wonder if she's going to freeze it all along with majority of the river.

Screenshot_20190110-133221.jpg

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
looked to me like it was all frozen over wednesdy except for about a mile in front of gov bay?

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
It wont freeze this year,to many dam honkers on it.Which we cant hunt.

Last edited:

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
It wont freeze this year,to many dam honkers on it.Which we cant hunt.

You guys gotta push for a structure change in those areas. With the weather anymore you're missing out on the best hunting. Our zone 2 in SD does not open till early Nov. but we can hunt till mid February. There isn't enough hunting lost in that early part to have a heartburn over, but maybe it is different up there. And maybe if you shoot at them more a few will head south LOL.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys gotta push for a structure change in those areas. With the weather anymore you're missing out on the best hunting. Our zone 2 in SD does not open till early Nov. but we can hunt till mid February. There isn't enough hunting lost in that early part to have a heartburn over, but maybe it is different up there. And maybe if you shoot at them more a few will head south LOL.

Methinks our weather is too variable. If we have snow & cold in November - December, there'd be little to hunt come January.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Methinks our weather is too variable. If we have snow & cold in November - December, there'd be little to hunt come January.

You're probably right, but 2 weeks on the back end versus 2 on the front end could be a lot of hunting opportunity in some cases I would guess for half of the years anymore. But this is based on the migration I see in SD, I don't know crap about up there! Pretty interesting this year to say the least, the weather has had its ups and downs but winter hasn't hit too hard anywhere yet.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
looked to me like it was all frozen over wednesdy except for about a mile in front of gov bay?
Yeah today's shot is much clearer and shows ice down by the dam as does to dot camera on the dam. Looks like the middle is either still open or has super clear ice.

Screenshot_20190111-135414.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah today's shot is much clearer and shows ice down by the dam as does to dot camera on the dam. Looks like the middle is either still open or has super clear ice.

d201f0edf98fdbbe265dfb9f1891160b.jpg

How’d you get a trail cam way up there? Have you put one on the RR bridge yet to spy on river-crossing sexy old ladies?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75