Winnipeg weekend

Walleyedevil

Fellow fishermen, we're heading to Lake Winnipeg this weekend. I've fished up there for about 8 years straight now. Lots of good fishing and a lot of bad as well. I'm just putting some feelers out there to see if anyone is willing to share info with myself and my fishing buddy for the weekend. It's always helpful to trade up to the minute info with others. I have all the gear, tackle, equipment for a successful trip but always looking to share and trade info on the ice. If you want my number send me a message. Texting works much better up there, eh!
Tight lines!!

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm just putting some feelers out there to see if anyone is willing to share info with myself and my fishing buddy for the weekend. It's always helpful to trade up to the minute info with others.!

Make a deal with the devil? Even if you are a "Walleyedevil". I don't think so...unless you have some smoothies!
Good luck and I hope the hairlip with you can keep up!

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watch for bad ice, been seeing lots of posts of guys going thru.

- - - Updated - - -

Follow ice fishing Manitoba on facebook

Ramathorn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill be up Friday-Tuesday just in time for the arctic blast. Looks like we will be flirting with -30 every morning, will report when we get home. I sure haven't heard the chatter like the last few years prior to going. A guy used to be able to check in on the guides facebook pages and find a fair amount of info pertaining to success and access, they sure seem more quiet this year so far. Hopefully its due to them just getting tired of being hounded and not that its a tough year but based on how good the last two were I'm a little concerned I might have to temper expectations.

Walleyedevil

Our results were pretty poor. Ramathorn nailed it. We we're slightly shocked by how few guys were actually out fishing. There seemed to be a lack of baitfish in most every location we checked. On Monday, we we're finally on fish but they would absolutely not take a bait. We emptied the tackle box moving from lipless CB's to spoons to small buckshots and live bait. We estimated 40 large fish came through on the vex but only had 1 that bit and we bonked it. So many holes drilled with zero fish around. We had great conditions and stable weather for 4-5 days. I'm sure once the shiners start to move through the southern basin, the huge schools will be migrating behind them. If we marked bait, the fish weren't far behind. Just a lack of numbers.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Our results were pretty poor. Ramathorn nailed it. We we're slightly shocked by how few guys were actually out fishing. There seemed to be a lack of baitfish in most every location we checked. On Monday, we we're finally on fish but they would absolutely not take a bait. We emptied the tackle box moving from lipless CB's to spoons to small buckshots and live bait. We estimated 40 large fish came through on the vex but only had 1 that bit and we bonked it. So many holes drilled with zero fish around. We had great conditions and stable weather for 4-5 days. I'm sure once the shiners start to move through the southern basin, the huge schools will be migrating behind them. If we marked bait, the fish weren't far behind. Just a lack of numbers.

Sorry to hear.

It was kind of like that up there 2 years ago.

Last year was gangbusters, though. For us anyway.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear.

It was kind of like that up there 2 years ago.

Last year was gangbusters, though. For us anyway.

Same for me. two years ago was by far our worst year and last year was one of the best. multiple trips every year for the last 6 years. Hope it picks up soon, will be there Feb 1-3.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow - it almost sounds like fishing rather than catching

it's a long expensive trip to hit a cold bite - both my trips were pretty "average"

haven't been back since - maybe my new super-machine will motivate me

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow - it almost sounds like fishing rather than catching

it's a long expensive trip to hit a cold bite - both my trips were pretty "average"

haven't been back since - maybe my new super-machine will motivate me

Even on that bad year we still got a few big ones and was still better fishing than DL and LOW which are lakes I also fish. To me is is still worth heading up there for the experience and a very good chance at catching a monster. And with the weak Loonie, it costs me about the same to head up there for a weekend as it does to head to LOW.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when are we going to see pics of this new "super-machine"?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should start a new topic to show it off

Cooz'sCatches

Went up to the Lake a couple weekends ago, fishing was slow but was able to pull some big ones out of there. 29 1/2 was our biggest.

Was my first time, but now im hooked. Love the fishing at LOTW or Devil's, but it just can't compete with the experience of lake winnipeg greenbacks.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even on that bad year we still got a few big ones and was still better fishing than DL and LOW which are lakes I also fish. To me is is still worth heading up there for the experience and a very good chance at catching a monster. And with the weak Loonie, it costs me about the same to head up there for a weekend as it does to head to LOW.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when are we going to see pics of this new "super-machine"?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should start a new topic to show it off

all in good time my liebchen

also - I'm not saying it's not worth it - just saying it would be very bitter to go to another country and get "skunked" or search high/low and fail to get anything but a handful of average fish

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
all in good time my liebchen

also - I'm not saying it's not worth it - just saying it would be very bitter to go to another country and get "skunked" or search high/low and fail to get anything but a handful of average fish

Dont throw those big words at me. Since I dont know what they mean I'm going to go ahead and take it as disrespect

- - - Updated - - -

never mind, I googled it. We're cool.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
It seems like the last few years it all depends how much commercial netting is going on in the south basin. Last year most nets were further north and therefore fishing was good. The year before that they were all in the south basin and it sucked. How many nets are you guys seeing?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75