Coyote Tourneys On Public Land In NM Now Banned

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
The New Mexico Land Commissioner has banned any coyote tournaments from state land. If you look at the executive order you'll see some groups of lobbyists that also reach up into North Dakota.

NM Executive Order

I wonder if she conferred with their state's game wardens and agricultural officials. ;:;popcorn

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
She would get eaten alive up here in ND. I would like to send her a video of me using a pup distress call and having a coyote come in and shooting him right between the eyes.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Yet another reason why sportsmen should be worried about transferring federally owned lands to the states.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yet another reason why sportsmen should be worried about transferring federally owned lands to the states.
What makes you think the Feds are any better than the states. What do you think will happen if the Dems take control of the White House, the senate, and house. They already have a bill in the house to ban scary black guns, not that I think it will go anywhere now but 2020 could be a problem

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
What makes you think the Feds are any better than the states. What do you think will happen if the Dems take control of the White House, the senate, and house. They already have a bill in the house to ban scary black guns, not that I think it will go anywhere now but 2020 could be a problem

Creating a ban, as NM did on State Trust lands, is far easier at the state level than it is the federal level. Look into what is and what is not allowed as public use on State Trust lands around the country and tell me if you want 640 million federal acres to be subject to those rules.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
NM has turned liberal and the entire dem party is going extremely left I would rather take my chances with the state than the fed gov which flips every 4 to 8 yrs

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
NM has turned liberal and the entire dem party is going extremely left I would rather take my chances with the state than the fed gov which flips every 4 to 8 yrs

You will also be taking a chance that much of it will be sold to private parties. Take a look at the State Trust land remaining in ND vs what owned at statehood. I don’t like those percentages! I also don’t like all Democrats OR all Republicans and refuse to put complete faith in either party. Both parties are equally capable of screwing the people.

Sincerely,

a coyote killing, black rifle owning, conservationist

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
You will also be taking a chance that much of it will be sold to private parties. Take a look at the State Trust land remaining in ND vs what owned at statehood. I don’t like those percentages! I also don’t like all Democrats OR all Republicans and refuse to put complete faith in either party. Both parties are equally capable of screwing the people.

Sincerely,

a coyote killing, black rifle owning, conservationist

Well, the Enabling Act provided the new western states coming into the union designated lands entrusted to help fund education within each state. The only land sold away in North Dakota has been primarily in the east where soils favor agricultural (Red River Valley) use. Otherwise, the state trust lands are leased for grazing, minerals, etc. and are kept from turning private.

The expense bill for education within ND is chopped by 11% before turning over to property taxes. That's all another topic of discussion, however, the banning of coyote tournaments on public land is what this we're really talking about.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed, as counter to my feeling on most things, public lands is far better of being left in fedral hands than the states, if you want it to remain public. While, not as prevalent in ND as other western states, public land has a larger percentage of being privatized when managed by the states. There are several reason for this but the most prevalent being generating the most profit (ROI) and/or the state being in a compromised financial standing resulting in the need to liquidate their real estate holding for $.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76