SB 2183- Ease Sucker Importing Restrictions

Honkerherms

Founding Member
Founding Member
This SB2183 failed miserably in the Senate with no support 0-46. I voiced my concern against this bill with Senators because of the ANS aspect – it is about more than just Bait Vendors and the transport of bait, in this case white suckers! The State of North Dakota is so limited now on ANS capabilities of personnel to be able to inspect and enforce regulations. I really doubt there will be any legislation supporting anything like this in the future due to possible spread of ANS.
Bait.jpg

Jeff

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Out of state leeches being banned seems dumb to me. I mean really.... Leeches?

But feel free tow your gigantic tourney boats over to ND and drop them in the day after that boat finished fishing a tournament on an ANS lake in another state.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally, I'd like to see one be able to use suckers again on the Missouri River system. It's not like they aren't already in there.

I never catch anything but cats and maybe a northern on suckers, (in SD of course) Creek chubs work best for walleye!

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
Out of state leeches being banned seems dumb to me. I mean really.... Leeches?

But feel free tow your gigantic tourney boats over to ND and drop them in the day after that boat finished fishing a tournament on an ANS lake in another state.

I completely agree on the leeches. You can't have them shipped from a bait vendor to your door and I think it's ridiculous.

What about regular fishing boats? Duck boats? Decoys? I would say the tournament boats are more likely to be cleaned then other boats.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I completely agree on the leeches. You can't have them shipped from a bait vendor to your door and I think it's ridiculous.

What about regular fishing boats? Duck boats? Decoys? I would say the tournament boats are more likely to be cleaned then other boats.

agreed

my point with tourney boats is that they'd be mostly likely to finish an event and the next day be prefishing another event a state away - while the microscopic hitchhiker life in the plumbing is still viable

judging by the stanky water in my livewell and plumbing after a day or two sitting in my garage it seems like zebra veligers etc. wouldn't survive the nasty redox conditions that occur a few days into storage (a week between fishing type thing for most anglers)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76