No Trespass Law

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
the fact that this bill has even been brought up tells you what kind of relationship the ag community wants to have with sportsmen.

So true and it is just a small handful in the ag community pushing it. There was no public outcry to change the trespass law of the last 90 years.

Why are they hiding the language of this amendment if it is popular?

How can the state Information & Technology Department have a huge line item in their budget to fund the database when there has been no bill language approved and it has not been voted on by the appropriations committee? How did that cart get ahead of the horse?

Will all of the county register of deeds get dragged into checking who has authority to post?

How can the database determine who has authority to post land? Will they check all the abstracts in the state? Will you have to turn over your rental contract between owner and renter? How much personal info do you want to be public information?

How can trespass be prosecuted under this database if there is not a rock solid paper trail of who grants or denies access?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
HaHaHa!! I, as well as many other members of NDA KNEW which side of SB2315 you were on as soon as you began posting Davey. I wrote a whole reply to your declaration, but deleted it. You don't need any help from me. You're doing JUST FINE, all on your own.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was responding to KDMs post BBQ

- - - Updated - - -

I comprehended and agreed with your post up to the point where you told him how he should market his crop .

Yes you were responding to KDMs post, but you were referring to people who jumped on Fritz, which was me. I called him out because he likes to poke and prod and stir the pot and definitely has an agenda. He claims to be neutral or against the bill, but sure doesn't seem like it. And then he has the nerve to tell sportsmen to step up, when he could be stepping up himself. That triggered me and I took his bait. Sorry everyone for distracting from the original topic.

You then eluded to or indicated that people were telling others what to do with their land and NO ONE WAS. I dont agree with marketing the shooting of pen raised livestock as hunting. That is all. I dont care on your stance on this bill, but spreading misinformation like that is ridiculous. ANd then you get called out and act childish, call people names, and then say you were pushed now to be in favor of the bill. Grow up Davey.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't want to take opportunities away from hunters and I am not happy with the trespassing bill the way it stands . so that in my opinion is neutral. You have your opinion and I have mine . you crybabies pushed me full force in favor of this bill. I feel bad for the true sportsmen that have to put up with this BS.

- - - Updated - - -

I've pretty much covered what I had to say other than still waiting for migrator man to reply to my question on post # 175 so I'll slide away rather than further deteriorate relationships . I'll stand up for myself and my opinion as needed.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys were trying to fool me into thinking it would take away opportunities , Until I see the final draft and plan for permission contacts I am not sure if it would or not . As long as that part is ironed out I see no problem with this bill .

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
If this bill passes there will be many unintended consequences, some foreseeable, some not.

Like it or not, many things we enjoy in this world are allowed because the public is engaged and has a positive image of our activities. The more removed people are from those activities, the less likely they are to to provide their support and more likely they are to have a negative view. Hunting and Agriculture are not immune.

Agriculture is and has been fighting a perception issue with modern day agricultural practices. I would argue much of it is due to the disconnect many people in this country have of where their food comes from and the necessity of modern agriculture to provide that food. The need for modern agricultural practices don't matter if the overwhelming public perception (which is their reality) doesn't support it....if they think it's bad, it is bad, and they will push their legislators to end it. Right or wrong, it happens, and is likely a natural response. Passing SB2315 will further disconnect the people from agriculture, and don't be surprised if their sentiments toward agriculture continue a negative trend.

The same goes for hunting. Hunters will always be fighting a negative public perception of their activities. Removing more hunters from the field won't help that perception. I believe the passage of SB2315 will increase the buying and leasing of land for hunting purposes. Some of that land will be taken out of agricultural production for the purposes of hunting (bad for ag producers), and access will be denied to those unwilling or unable to pay the price of entry (bad for sportsmen). These actions reduce hunter numbers and lead to the remaining hunters being labeled as "trophy hunters." "Trophy hunting" is viewed very negatively by the general public! The end result will be fewer people hunting, fewer people supporting hunting, and an increase in a negative public perception of hunting. Owning land to hunt on won't matter if the public decides hunting isn't an activity they want to continue allowing any longer.

These statements are not intended to be a threat. They are what I believe to be issues that people should carefully consider before they lend their full and unwavering support for this bill. We need agriculture...we need hunting...they should have a commensal relationship...this bill will further erode that relationship and won't do jack shit to curb trespassing!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m still waiting to see how it reads before I decide if it’s good for us North Dakotans.

��

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Uncle Jimbo you are 110 % correct.

And if I may add the G and F will feel it in lost revenue. Which shakes down to less enforcement and the the blue platers and the sconis will keep 2 limits of fish a day and all the Nodakanglers will be crying tears as big as road apples.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yea those ranchers and legislators would have a lot to be proud of

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't want to take opportunities away from hunters and I am not happy with the trespassing bill the way it stands . so that in my opinion is neutral. You have your opinion and I have mine . you crybabies pushed me full force in favor of this bill. I feel bad for the true sportsmen that have to put up with this BS.

- - - Updated - - -

I've pretty much covered what I had to say other than still waiting for migrator man to reply to my question on post # 175 so I'll slide away rather than further deteriorate relationships . I'll stand up for myself and my opinion as needed.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys were trying to fool me into thinking it would take away opportunities , Until I see the final draft and plan for permission contacts I am not sure if it would or not . As long as that part is ironed out I see no problem with this bill .

SPLENDID!!!

"I'm not in favor of the trespassing bill the way it is" and yet....." you crybabies pushed me full force in favor of this bill" Which is it??

"still waiting for migrator man to reply to my question in post #175" and yet......... Davey, you can't seem to answer anyone else's questions to you on how SB2315 will benefit ND. Sounds about right.

"Until I see a final draft and plan for permission contacts...is ironed out" and yet "you crybabies pushed me full force in favor of this bill" Which is it?

"I see no problem with this bill" and yet "you crybabies pushed me full force in favor of this bill" Well two out of three aint bad!!

Question? If crybabies can push you to make your opinion, is it really your opinion??

"I've pretty much covered what I had to say....so I'll slide away rather than deteriorate relationships." Oh don't stop now Davey, you're doing GREAT!!!!! Your true colors are on SPECTACULAR display!!!! 'Course that's just my opinion.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM
You disappoint me and your making an ass out of yourself and other hunters that you are dragging through the mud with your bullshit attitude that continues to divide and deteriorate relations between hunters and landowners. What the hell is so hard to understand about that. Sick of bullshit , Pretty easy to see I am sitting around the wrong campfire .

- - - Updated - - -

the fact that this bill has even been brought up tells you what kind of relationship the ag community wants to have with sportsmen.

Id say it's more of a direct result of the relationship and attitudes of a few sportsmen in the past that has brought this bill up.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing, I stand behind what I said . The attitudes of a few have in the past and still continue to ruin it for everyone that is not of your opinion. I'm a stubborn one and I believe in my property rights, You can push all you want and all you are doing is wasting your time while making it worse for everybody else. You can take that to the bank.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
You disappoint me and your making an ass out of yourself and other hunters that you are dragging through the mud with your bullshit attitude that continues to divide and deteriorate relations between hunters and landowners. What the hell is so hard to understand about that. Sick of bullshit , Pretty easy to see I am sitting around the wrong campfire .

I'll start from the top:

Sorry if I disappoint you. Just don't include me in your "True Sportsman" category and you'll feel better.
As far as being an ass, I might be, but opinions vary and I'm OK with it.
Now as to "dragging other hunters through the mud" isn't that being a bit adversarial and assuming. I mean, what if other hunters agree with me? Am I still still dragging them through the mud with my attitude or are they slogging right along with me through the mud this BS bill has created?
As far as dividing relationships between hunters and landowners, maybe you should ask the folks that have hunted my land if they think I'm dividing hunters and landowners. There are plenty to choose from right here on NDA. I think being in favor of SB2315 might do more damage to hunter/landowner relationships than letting folks hunt on my land. Maybe that's what so hard to understand. How this bill will HELP hunters.
'Course, that's just my opinion and I completely agree. I'm sick of BS too, but you keep on posting, so I guess I don't have a choice.
Question? If you agree that you're sitting around the wrong campfire, does that mean you're now opposed to SB2315 or that you're going away?? I can never really be sure what you are saying Davey.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM said: I'm sick of BS too, but you keep on posting, so I guess I don't have a choice.

Incase you missed the bold print before I'll post it again. For the benefit of the innocent bystanders I'll agree that you and I disagree and maybe we shouldn't communicate our opinions to each other and spiral this discussion any further down the hill than what it already has. Take notice to the underlined part, I will finish anything you start but we are better off not to even make an attempt at this point.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't you just HATE IT when you get caught in your own words Davey?? I've pretty much covered what I had to say and don't worry Davey, you won't have to meet me behind the bus barn after school to finish what I start. I graduated grade school years ago.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was responding to KDMs post BBQ

- - - Updated - - -

I comprehended and agreed with your post up to the point where you told him how he should market his crop .

Uncle Jimbo you are 110 % correct.

And if I may add the G and F will feel it in lost revenue. Which shakes down to less enforcement and the the blue platers and the sconis will keep 2 limits of fish a day and all the Nodakanglers will be crying tears as big as road apples.

I agree with jimbo as well. My only opinion is G&F won't feel affects of lost revenue. Because they will just continue to increase all hunting and fishing licenses. Again. And again.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
SMH Is it ok if I PM you KDM ? I don't want to get accused of harassing anyone again like migrator man claimed . Pretty sure you are a bigger boy than that but thought it would be polite to ask.

- - - Updated - - -

busy enjoying family life right now but when we get the kiddos to bed I will with your permission.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey harassed me with a nasty PM one time on Easter Holiday while I was trying to enjoy family time. Over hemp. I learned my lesson on voicing a different opinion than Davey once he gets dug in.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only problem I have ever had with respecting anyones opinion ever is when I am told my opinion is stupid or dumb or invalid. Guess what , Hemp is legal and thriving and helping people in need so I guess I wasn't too far off with my opinion or the lone ranger with the opinion that hemp should be legal.

additionally , Someone putting words in my mouth or accusing me of saying/doing something that I didn't will motivate me to push back.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes you were responding to KDMs post, but you were referring to people who jumped on Fritz, which was me. I called him out because he likes to poke and prod and stir the pot and definitely has an agenda. He claims to be neutral or against the bill, but sure doesn't seem like it. And then he has the nerve to tell sportsmen to step up, when he could be stepping up himself. That triggered me and I took his bait. Sorry everyone for distracting from the original topic.

th

- - - Updated - - -

Oh...Oh...you almost had it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87