No Trespass Law

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im pretty much a freelance hunter, and if this passes it is going to pretty much suck.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
While waiting for the revised bill to be release I went back and read the original bill again and its original intent is pretty clear that this bill is directly aimed at the hunter / posted land.

Unless I missed something this is the only thing that I found to address the DAPL issue, pretty much everything else addresses hunting.
5. An individual is guilty of a class B misdemeanor if that individual remains upon the
property of another after being requested to leave the property by a duly authorized
individual. An individual who violates this subsection is guilty of a class A
misdemeanor for the second or subsequent offense within a two-year period.

not sure how this would have changed the problems LEO had with the trespass law & DAPL. The crowds were told by LEO's using bullhorns that if they did not leave they would be arrested. Once in court the officers could not prove that the individual arrested was present at the time and heard the warnings.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only problem I have ever had with respecting anyones opinion ever is when I am told my opinion is stupid or dumb or invalid. Guess what , Hemp is legal and thriving and helping people in need so I guess I wasn't too far off with my opinion or the lone ranger with the opinion that hemp should be legal.

additionally , Someone putting words in my mouth or accusing me of saying/doing something that I didn't will motivate me to push back.

I was always on the hemp train so we could be a two man wolf pack. Like Scott hall and Kevin Nash

0D6A2C42-6394-422C-BB57-FCC49CA99435.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

While waiting for the revised bill to be release I went back and read the original bill again and its original intent is pretty clear that this bill is directly aimed at the hunter / posted land.

Unless I missed something this is the only thing that I found to address the DAPL issue, pretty much everything else addresses hunting.
5. An individual is guilty of a class B misdemeanor if that individual remains upon the
property of another after being requested to leave the property by a duly authorized

not sure how this would have changed the problems LEO had with the trespass law & DAPL. The crowds were told by LEO's using bullhorns that if they did not leave they would be arrested. Once in court the officers could not prove that the individual arrested was present at the time and heard the warnings.

Should have shot them with paint balls then took pictures and it would have been easy to id them.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
KDM
You disappoint me and your making an ass out of yourself and other hunters that you are dragging through the mud with your bullshit attitude that continues to divide and deteriorate relations between hunters and landowners. What the hell is so hard to understand about that. Sick of bullshit , Pretty easy to see I am sitting around the wrong campfire .

- - - Updated - - -

Id say it's more of a direct result of the relationship and attitudes of a few sportsmen in the past that has brought this bill up.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing, I stand behind what I said . The attitudes of a few have in the past and still continue to ruin it for everyone that is not of your opinion. I'm a stubborn one and I believe in my property rights, You can push all you want and all you are doing is wasting your time while making it worse for everybody else. You can take that to the bank.
That’s a god damn farce if you think KDM is making an ass of himself or dragging fellow hunters through the mud. Last time I heard KDM is a fellow landowner himself. Does he not deserve his own opinion because he is not a so called city slicker or hobby farmer? KDM has also graciously let many strangers on his land so that youngsters can shoot a deer. If there is anyone’s opinion we should respect and consider it should be his! What have you done for your community lately?

Now I must digress:

You are the one making an ass of yourselves from dumb ass posts and threatening private messages. You run your mouth when you don’t have a clue what you are talking about and then have to eat your words later on in the discussion. Give us a break man you are impossible to have a civil discussion with. I thought arguing with you over oil industry topics was frustrating because you don’t know shit and think you actually do, but this discussion takes the cake .....

- - - Updated - - -

Whether the trespassing charges stuck or not changing the law to make all land automatically posted would not have prevented the DAPL protesters from trespassing. They willingly put their lives on the line for any cost. If you look at similar protests against pipelines around the country ( MN, east coast, TX, LA) you will see that these eco terrorists will break the law even if they risk being arrested and facing jail time. The DAPL protesters didn’t decide to protest on private land because of a loophole in the ND laws, they were going to do it regardless. Using DAPL as a reason to support the no trespass law is not even an argument.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hardly dare to respond or I will be accused of harassment. What is so hard about middle ground ? I'd rather look for ideas than put my fingers in my ears and scream, But that's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

" This bill is about Property Rights, not hunting. We OWN or land, which gives us as owners the absolute power of who can and can't enter it for any and all reasons. The state has no right to grant trespass "privileges" to ANYONE regardless if we post or don't! It is not PUBLIC land it's PRIVATE so the state has no claim to it for anything. There is NO RIGHT to enter another person's private property without permission, it's as simple as that."

In the same token the state has no right to give liability protections to one group of people ( Ranchers / Farmers ) while not giving the same protections to every property owner

The state also has no right to limit sales tax to one business ( Ranchers / Farmers ) and not give all business the same limits.

The days of the family farms are going away and it has now become large farming operations. The protections put in place to protect the small family farms need to be eliminated and these businesses need to be treated like every other business in the state. The ag community may feel they do not need the hunters but they need to remember that the number of people in the cities greatly exceeds the numbers in the ag community, which ultimately push legislation.

Wouldn't a statewide bill cover all the property owners in the whole state ? Some cities already have this law in force if I'm not mistaken but don't take my word on that.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hardly dare to respond or I will be accused of harassment. What is so hard about middle ground ? I'd rather look for ideas than put my fingers in my ears and scream, But that's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't a statewide bill cover all the property owners in the whole state ? Some cities already have this law in force if I'm not mistaken but don't take my word on that.

You need to pull your fingers out of your ears

we already have middle ground - if you don't want people on your land you can post it - if you don't mind if people hunt your land you can leave it un posted

which cities and which law?

I know I don't have liability protection from someone getting hurt on my property. Few years back a kid fell off his bike and broke his arm in my driveway, I was liable for the medical bills

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

and what is a "duly authorized individual". Sounds to me that will include the renter regardless of whether the land owner is involved.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
and what is a "duly authorized individual". Sounds to me that will include the renter regardless of whether the land owner is involved.

Not necessarily, That depends on the rental agreement. A duly authorized individual can be anybody that the landowner grants that power to.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not necessarily, That depends on the rental agreement. A duly authorized individual can be anybody that the landowner grants that power to.

And how many tens of thousands of landowners are going to turn over their contracts for review? Who reviews them? How much more would that cost above the 1 million dollars already projected for this bill? Because there would have to a physical chain of evidence that a specific individual was granted authority to electronically post this land. It's nuts.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You need to pull your fingers out of your ears

we already have middle ground - if you don't want people on your land you can post it - if you don't mind if people hunt your land you can leave it un posted

which cities and which law?

I know I don't have liability protection from someone getting hurt on my property. Few years back a kid fell off his bike and broke his arm in my driveway, I was liable for the medical bills

In the same token the state has no right to give liability protections to one group of people ( Ranchers / Farmers ) while not giving the same protections to every property owner

I've saw this liability protection being brought up a few times now so I'm curious . I'm pretty sure we both have the same legal liability protection no matter if you have a house in town or a farm. I pay for my liability insurance just like everybody else.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76