Sitting in the Boat dreaming about Summer

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When you get older, you don't wish any days away. Live each one as a gift.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come on down to Pierre heard they have been killing fish in the boat. I think it is opened up again

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Amen gentlemen! Although I spent the day helping my BIL fab up a snow blade on his Ranger and tearing down an XC600 twin for my father in law (case is split and on the bench), the boat sitting in the third stall had my eye all day! Glad I’m not the only one. Got the new rig on “demo” this fall which turned into nothing but a teaser! Loved my old hotrod but the new one is top notch ::thumber:: Got it 80% rigged, still has to go back for a 2 more graphs, front rails, the kicker, the swim ladder and a couple little things. Can’t wait to get everything finalized and be dreaming again of warm summer days on the water. How about a few pictures of our rides to help pass the winter!

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Moved my boat into the heated garage a week ago. Time to start going through things from last year, do a full service on her, and have her ready for a trip to the Rainy. If Pux Phil is right, we might be there mid march!!!!

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
c9d9d44f-4a29-4b77-96dd-d98d086ac904

Founding Member
Founding Member
:;:cheers

Last edited:

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Was gonna post a photo but could figure out how to do it off the ol IPhone so I just have to admire everyone else’s!

grizzly

Established Member
Moved my boat into the heated garage a week ago. Time to start going through things from last year, do a full service on her, and have her ready for a trip to the Rainy. If Pux Phil is right, we might be there mid march!!!!
hope it opens up good this year im ready to go

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s been determined......the most comfortable chair in my garage are the seats in the boat!

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
New boat on order. Medium boat is at North Country getting a new 4 stroke hung. 90% of tackle is in my house getting new plano boxes and rearranging. Rods are starting to make their way in the house too... I hate winter. When the small boat is ready I'm gonna drag it somewhere that has open water.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Any word on when the new 219s are gonna hit the streets? They’re sure taking their sweet time!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
A thread always exists during the summer bitching about the heat; and in winter about the cold. Some sob brings up hard water in July. I asked gf NOAA if they see an end And they said this cold osscillation is trumping el nino and looks like a cold February. I work alot this time of year it doesn't bother me. But come April. Last year we ice fished latter part of April. This year I will go up get my boat get on 29 go until my temp guage on truck says 85 ( ok or Tex) I don't give one f if I don't catch a largemouth I just want to be out in a boat with a shirt on

- - - Updated - - -

Blame kurt. He wined the most about the heat

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any word on when the new 219s are gonna hit the streets? They’re sure taking their sweet time!

1st top out of the plug a week or so ago. Working on boxes and finish. Unsure if it will be unveiled a the Northwest Sport Show end of March.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
20180421_190425.jpg20180422_092948.jpg no prep required here just open water is needed. I did have to start consolidating cranks, rippin raps, and jigging raps by size otherwise I am going to have to start pulling a dingy

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Opened the garage door this morning in front of the boat to shovel out the stoop against the door, pretty sure I heard I sigh from somewhere inside the boat...................

So since we're on the subject, what kind of winter boat upgrades / projects are you guys doing? For me, even though it's a new rig I still do a bunch of ticky tac things things myself. Instead of complaining about it like I did on the last boat, I installed a matching set of Kicker Marine 6.5" speakers in the bow and a second remote mounted digital head unit for the radio in the bow. Tired of blasting everyone out in back when I'm I'm trying to hear it in the front and vice versa. It'll also be nice to have a second control unit up there so I don't have to jump down to the cockpit to switch the station, flip it over to weather band, or turn the volume up or down. I made sure It was easily reachable when standing on the beach also! Added some additional rapala tool holders, one in the bow and one on the passenger side. On the driver side I mounted a Frabil tool and net holder to a Ram ball and then rail mounted that with a short ram arm. Added a second rail mount ball to the passenger side so I can move my net holder to where ever it's convenient. Have a rail mounted Ram "claw" stabilizer sitting on the bench for the Ulterra once the front rails go on. Ordered up Attwood covers for both motors, a cover for the spare tire, and had two more tarp straps sewn into the tarp where I though it could be a little tighter. Added 3 more factory cup holders, two at the rear of the boat and one at the bow and placed little rubber stoppers so the cup holders don't hit the boat if someone slaps them shut. Also added some limiter straps to a few compartment doors (this really should've been done at the factory). Of course spent a little time getting all the tackle and boat stuff organized, and filled the built-in trays on the council with all my terminal tackle. and of course last but not least was sending the prop in to Croxton for a little tweaking and adding a mcgard prop lock. Kinda of running out of stuff to do though. Once all the graphs get installed, I'll have a night of getting those set-up and talking to each other the way I like. then it's just a waiting game :boating:

- - - Updated - - -

Just remembered that once the last few things get done at the dealer and we finalize everything, I'll still need to get it licensed and run by the sign shop for a nice lettering! will need to install the front rail mounted rod rod holders also, that should by me one more night in the garage, lol!

Last edited:

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm thinking of adding a 12' talon on one of those fancy tilt brackets. I was also thinking about adding a speaker next to the drivers seat so I can hear the music while running wot. Making 50 mile runs with no tunes sucks.

SLE let's see some pictures.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79