Sitting in the Boat dreaming about Summer

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys need to get a life. ;:;boozer..............................;:;rofl

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tikka you must have been talking to my wife.

SLE has got a good thread going here with things of excitement and neutral ground. Instead of pissing match and a bunch of bickering about deer tags, slot limits, landowners, rocks in section lines, etc. Im ready for open water and the best way to pass the time is to talk boats and fishing.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tikka you must have been talking to my wife.

SLE has got a good thread going here with things of excitement and neutral ground. Instead of pissing match and a bunch of bickering about deer tags, slot limits, landowners, rocks in section lines, etc. Im ready for open water and the best way to pass the time is to talk boats and fishing.

Yah!! What Rizzo said!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guys, notice the laughing emoji? Just pulling on your chain and giving ya some shit.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tikka it's all good, I knew where you going with that:;:cheers. The second part of my post wasn't directed at you. It's just good to see a thread where the butt hurt butter and measuring sticks dont have to come out.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Seemed like it was time for something on the liter side, help pass the winter and not be at each other’s throats. A little boat banter is always a good way to shoot the shit, doesn’t matter if it’s a 12 ft flat bottom, a 22ft sparkly rig, or a 45 ft quad powered tournament sea hunter, they all have their place and there’s something to appreciate about each one.

Being a sparkly boat snob, there’s days I miss the simplicity of my old 16ft smokercraft side counsole with the ol 50hp classic Merc. There’s something attractive about not giving a shit if it it gets wiped down or if the worm bucket gets tipped over and you know what, it’s gonna take a lot fish to ever match what that ol rig seen in its days!

Last edited:

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
second that....my brand new 1990 mirror craft aggressor 16" aluminum with a mariner 40 mag. Blew that up in late 91 and stuck a mariner 75 in the back and it became a screamer. Fast little boat. I swear, caught more fish with that boat than any. Real easy to hover over the fish with that boat.

Last edited:

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't wait to get my lil guy back in the open water! Will be pulling it out of storage soon to get a fresh polish on it! Yes, it would be awesome to have a newer/bigger/faster boat, but this one is paid for and it will still catch fish and I have a ton of fun doing it.

IMG_2974.jpg

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't wait to get my lil guy back in the open water! Will be pulling it out of storage soon to get a fresh polish on it! Yes, it would be awesome to have a newer/bigger/faster boat, but this one is paid for and it will still catch fish and I have a ton of fun doing it.

18654.jpeg

I am a fellow Mr.pike owner as well,, kinda enjoy rubbing sterns with the sparkles catching the same amount of fish, at least until its time to head back to the landing and i show up 20 minutes later,, lol

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The 16’ Mr Pike with the Classic Merc 50 was a popular rig in its day! It set the bar when a lot of lakes had 10 and 25 hp limits. You could skip across the water at 27 mph and a 6 gallon can lasted all day. There were only a couple times I had to hook up the second tank! Seems like it takes 25 gallons everytime I fire up the boat now days!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
A thread always exists during the summer bitching about the heat; and in winter about the cold. Some sob brings up hard water in July. I asked gf NOAA if they see an end And they said this cold osscillation is trumping el nino and looks like a cold February. I work alot this time of year it doesn't bother me. But come April. Last year we ice fished latter part of April. This year I will go up get my boat get on 29 go until my temp guage on truck says 85 ( ok or Tex) I don't give one f if I don't catch a largemouth I just want to be out in a boat with a shirt on

- - - Updated - - -

Blame kurt. He wined the most about the heat

your drunk again i hate 100 and -30 equally .

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My cost per # of fish is a lot less than those sparkly boats and on a decent weather day I will go head to head, fish to fish with any of them.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
My cost per # of fish is a lot less than those sparkly boats and on a decent weather day I will go head to head, fish to fish with any of them.

This right here.

Also, I could have probably settled down and had kids with any old lady but I preferred she looked nice.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As I am not a fisherman but with this recent cold spell I to am dreaming most every night, but about riding my trike (feeding deer and getting up to the spots is getting old and expenses), taking trips with the wife and visiting small town bars that have beer.
Same thing just a different goal. db

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys are dreaming about open water, and here I am contemplating selling my boat so that I have more room for hunting stuff. Seems to me this cabin fever plaguing NDA would be an opportune time to offload a cherry circa-1990s Alumacraft Classic Deluxe...

Hmmm... ::thinking::

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wanted: Friend with comfortable boat. Will provide cooler of Keystone Light (negotiable) and likely good entertainment with my walleye catching struggles.

- - - Updated - - -

In a couple months I will actually start planning a couple of river explorations after my re-acquaintance with it last year. Till then there is still plenty of ice jigging to do.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69