Sitting in the Boat dreaming about Summer

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
With all the serious threads and legislation going on, and as much as I like winter, I’m half tempted to untarp the boat, turn on some tunes, crack a cold one and start dreaming about summer. You know, thinking about warm days in the sun, early dewy mornings on glass calm water with a cup of coffee in one hand and pure peacefulness in the other, hanging out at the beach with friends in the afternoon while the kids swim and raise hell on the jet skis, fish fry’s, tonka toast over the camp fire, listening to supercharger whine of the big Verado as you roll into it, and leaving all the stress and headaches of everyday life sitting in the driveway at home. It’s like music to my ears! Who’s with me!

I have a passion for snowmobiling but the dumbest thing I’ve ever done is buy a new boat last the fall! The winter has been great but seems like an eternity until open water and warm sunny days will be hear again!

Oley55

Established Member
I feel ya! Can’t wait for open water fishing. I love me some driveway boat drinking too!

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ordered a new boat in mid-December. What a great way to make a winter last seemingly forever. Sad thing is it will probably only get worse when I am looking at the new ride in the garage and waiting for the first boat launch to open! Man I can’t wait for winter to be over! Gonna try a little ice fishing today. That’ll take the edge of for a few hours at least!!

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What’d you order honker?

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
i keep looking at my boat wishing the winter was over too... that cold snap really changed my mind quickly

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s not as bad as some make it out to be #$%^&>, lol

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm over it, #$&$#& hate winter

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha! I was just thinking of making some 1/8th oz jigs the other day and we just started February. Cabin fever might be worser than last year.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
The older I get the more I hate winters. Especially February.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I'm ready for late ice, ice out, and summer fishing ... for sure!

Looking forward to Lake Winnipeg in a few weeks too, though.

grizzly

Established Member
I know I bought a new bought last fall and put 2 hrs. on it,cant wait for open water. hope the rainy river opens early this year, wife just told me I need to go fishing I am getting to grumpy

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have spent hours installing another Helix unit, cleaning out storage compartments, changed props, vacuumed every inch, cleaned windows, washed travel cover, paste waxed exterior & now I'm looking for other stuff to do.

Another storm coming at us followed by ass cold temps. I'm leaving for Mesa and spring training baseball in 28 days. March can't get here soon enough!

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
My son and I wash n waxed inside and out even shampood the carpets last weekend. Can't wait to hit the water again !!

Attachments

20190127_214017.jpg

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad to hear I am not the only one. I sat in my boat last weekend in the garage. Been looking at different lures online for at least an hour a day. At least the days are getting longer. It would be awesome to be bear like and hibernate through January and February. Kid events keep things busy but there is no substitute for open water fishing.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i'm so ready... a few years ago i read about the spring bite in arkansas and missouri... they have some real pig eyes down there... i'm gonna plan a trip down there for next feb or march i think... from what i read at the time, the locals don't fish much down there this time of year and the lakes are really quiet... i think i just talked myself into it...

grizzly

Established Member
going to play around in mine tomorrow for awhile, got a bimini top with it and looks like going down the road or rough water the poles might rub on the inside while its laying down, going to look at putting some 3-m one sided sticky padded tape on the sides to stop rubbing. anyone have any other idea on how to stop this?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those of us near the river, the ramps in Bismarck will be open in about 6 weeks.

At least, I'm a hoping!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79