Sitting in the Boat dreaming about Summer

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 16’ Mr Pike with the Classic Merc 50 was a popular rig in its day! It set the bar when a lot of lakes had 10 and 25 hp limits. You could skip across the water at 27 mph and a 6 gallon can lasted all day. There were only a couple times I had to hook up the second tank! Seems like it takes 25 gallons everytime I fire up the boat now days!

As far as I can tell, this isnt a Mr. Pike. Title says 16D for the model. Is this a Mr. Pike? IMG_2975.jpgIMG_2978.jpg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hugged mine when I left devil's last. U guys have to much time on your hands give me some. Anyway keep dreaming. I just seen a post on NOAA stating the cold will move in March to Russia and we get the heat back.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hugged mine when I left devil's last. U guys have to much time on your hands give me some. Anyway keep dreaming. I just seen a post on NOAA stating the cold will move in March to Russia and we get the heat back.

missouri river tailrace doesn't care about the russians.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, you guys that think there is no place to put a boat in, get to the tailrace. Although this picture was taken in 2010, after around a week with below 0 temps.

DSC00570.jpg
This is at the bottom of the ramp, and they are sitting on the ice. If I remember right the temp on the dash was -21.
One year I fished it like 30 times in the boat from the end of December until the end of March.
If the ramp isn't frozen in, 10 above with no wind and the sun shinning its actually very nice to fish.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
my brother has been fishing roosevelt all january - pounding the fish --- same latitude --- welcome to the armpit

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Only three pictures of these sea worthy crafts so far, come on guys, let’s see em. By the way Rizzo, that 350 Zuke is pretty sexy. Heard the new ones are setup with counter rotating props. Would be interesting to see if there’s any performance gains on our multi-species rigs?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by guywhofishes
you have it all - like juanr

im boatless right now

what's on the menu?

Stobber

Picked up my new Alumacraft Competitor 205 sport a few weeks ago. LONGEST WINTER EVER. Cannot wait to get it organized and ready for spring!!

Last edited:

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only three pictures of these sea worthy crafts so far, come on guys, let’s see em. By the way Rizzo, that 350 Zuke is pretty sexy. Heard the new ones are setup with counter rotating props. Would be interesting to see if there’s any performance gains on our multi-species rigs?

20180421_190451.jpg the counter rotating props move an insane amount of water. They have an amazing amount of lift and grip even with the subpar stock Suzuki props. Fuel economy is 2.1 mpg at wot compared to 1.6 of the 350 merc on the 208 hull. Hell my 300 verado I had was 1.8mpg at wot. Speed wise I have run against a 208 with a 350 verado and he couldn't keep up. We would get dead even and then I would drive away, we were both fully loaded. Holeshot right up to top end is incredible the amount of power it has. Crazy thing is once I hit the 100hr mark it really came alive. Suzuki said around 30 to 40 hrs it would have a power increase but it wasn't until 100hrs. I would love to hang one off the back of a yarcraft. If the stars align one day I will make that happen.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
im shopping for a new depth finder either Lowrance or hummingbird

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Good info Rizzo, I didn't notice yours had the CRP in the first picture! I believe North Country Marine has a new 2019 Yar-Craft 219TFX with a Suzuki 350 on order, not sure if that's Aaron J's or not? Maybe he'll chime in :cool:. I've got the Verado 350 on the back of a 2018 219TFX and it's pretty impressive. It'll be interesting to see if the Suzuki runs stronger. I think you hit the only downside being the lack of prop options. I've gotta believe the Croxton/DAH's of the world would be able to tune them up a bit but it's probably a little bit of an anomaly for those guys also.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do have a 219 on order but am considering the 350 and 400R Verados at this point. I am not sure of North Country has a 350 Suzi on a 219 ordered this year; but would not be surprised if they will in the next couple years (they did repower a brand new, non-current 2017 209 with a 300 Suzi that is up for sale). I have had a Suzuki in the past and loved the motor; but I did rule the 350 Suzi out on this boat for a few reasons most of which play into potential resale concerns of potential buyers when I put it up for sale. Dealer network (which is improving), prop options (new options coming out sometime this year), limited public knowledge of the quality of Suzi outboards, and Merc. pro-staff deal came through again with nice discount on motor. I both make assumptions and know some of my concerns this year will be rectified in the next few (1-3) years which may sway me towards the Suzi line-up.

I was in a Suzi 350 powered Warrior this fall. Hole shot was impressive as was the mid range torque. I was not impressed with the top end which is the opposite of most reports I have heard comparing Suzi to Verado on the same hulls. I do know that a lower pitch prop was on the boat to accommodate for the conditions we were fishing in. MPG/fuel consumption was also impressive. Overall I was pleased enough to make it a strong contender for future boat orders.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That's right I forgot word on the street is the 2019 219 TFX will be rated for the 400! kinda makes it a one horse race in that case!

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's right I forgot word on the street is the 2019 219 TFX will be rated for the 400! kinda makes it a one horse race in that case!

Not necessarily in my case for a couple reasons. In the vicinity of $10k+ more for the 400R. Also, racing division motors exempt from pro-staff deal. Lastly, racing division motors often less warranty. The 10k+ difference is less discount for the next buyer and less warranty on a motor that is close to the threshold of tolerances for internal parts..... for 50 ponies.

Last edited:

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aaron I don't think you would be impressed with the top end on a 208 with the rocketships you guys drive. I think I might know who's boat you were in as there aren't many out there. You are also correct on the new props coming out and I hope I get to test a few this year. Any word on the changes to the 219 top cap I keep hearing rumors of?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aaron I don't think you would be impressed with the top end on a 208 with the rocketships you guys drive. I think I might know who's boat you were in as there aren't many out there. You are also correct on the new props coming out and I hope I get to test a few this year. Any word on the changes to the 219 top cap I keep hearing rumors of?
I think pictures of it are in the same place as Jimmy Hoffa.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member

I did hear the 1st cap came out of the mold about 2 weeks ago; but the next step in the process are to build the boxes, etc. They are "hoping" for a reveal at the Northwest Sport Show end of March in MPLS. I have been an advocate since the remodel was made known that Yar put out some "teaser" pics or ideas. That being said I am a nobody and am definitely not in the inner circle. I have heard a few things that will be changed or proposed to change; some of them for sure and some thoughts based on discussion (2+2). I don't dare stick my neck out and either bugger up a reveal or look like a liar. And DirtyMike is right; pics are with Hoffa. I hope to have a few more details thrown my way in the next week or so; but I have no expectations I will get any.

I was in a couple 208s. The one I spoke about was Mike Olsons with the 350 Suzi. He told me about some new prop options to fill some gaps Suzi has in their prop line-up. Top end was about 54 in 1.5 footers. Again, he was propped a bit aggressive due to LOW conditions.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I gotta expect the 208 should typically run near 60mph with the right set-up? Aaron, What'd you squeeze out of your last 219/350 Vrod combo? I was able to tickle 67mph this fall with a stock 21 Bravo FS with 2 guys full fuel and livewell but I was up against the rev limiter at 6,500 rpm and the boat wasn't completely outfitted. It'll be interesting to see how it does this year with it fully rigged and a tweaked wheel from Croxton.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75