Weather

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The weather bucket is laying down on the job, fire his ass.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apparently when it comes to snow in Bismarck we are operating under the slow and steady wins the race mantra. Haven't had much for any real storms but there definitely seems to be some snow starting to pile up. Which I guess for wildlife is good cuz no storms really to smack them around too hard but yet we get enough snow to help refill some of the water at least a little bit.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone got this beat this morning?????

winter.jpg

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It looks tough for wildlife this morning. Lucky the winter was mild so far and pheasants had time to put on fat and mature. They were starting to come back nicely.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got maybe 4" of snow that didn't blow off with the 62 MPH wind for 3 days and now it's a balmy -6 with a 14-22 MPH breeze.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My son works in Fargo and wishes he has a 4x4 pickup versus Chevy Malibu. Got stuck twice on way to work this morning. Hoping they clear some side streets by his apartment complex south of Scheel's. Then hoping whoever moves snow for the complex tries to clear out snow later today. But all in all, he realizes getting stuck is just part of living in ND. It's the extreme cold with the wind that sucks. Hard to shovel out a vehicle when you hardly stand to being out of your vehicle to shovel out. Bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is not directed at your son Paddle, but why does it seem that the people who are mostly likely to get stuck (cars, small SUVs, etc.), the least prepared to get stuck? Light jacket, no gloves or boots, 50/50 they have a hat. People with vehicles least likely to get stuck carry ropes, shovels, and proper winter clothes. Just my observation as the wind continues to blow here in winter hell.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is not directed at your son Paddle, but why does it seem that the people who are mostly likely to get stuck (cars, small SUVs, etc.), the least prepared to get stuck? Light jacket, no gloves or boots, 50/50 they have a hat. People with vehicles least likely to get stuck carry ropes, shovels, and proper winter clothes. Just my observation as the wind continues to blow here in winter hell.

This reminds me of an ex employee, who has an $30,000 2 wheel drive sports car, last winter when we got our first 2" of snow, calls me up saying he's stuck in the apt parking lot and he'll be late for work, he shows up wearing a light jacket, baseball cap, tennis shoes and no gloves. He starts bitching about how he can't get around. I look at him and say "Get a 4 wheel drive pick up like the rest of us". He sat there and give me the look. He did this twice last year. he finally went and got some tube of sand to put in his trunk, then in the spring, he stores them here at work, then when he quit last June, he left them here, comes back in Oct for them. SMH Sure glad he don't work for my company anymore.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'ts pretty tough in west Fargo and with this they will be running out of room to push it off the roads with a blade , Been watching the grandkids this week and have shoveled more snow in the last couple of days than I have in the last 20 years on the farm, I miss equipment. Also found out where that cartoon came from when the snow plow comes along and blocks the driveway after you just got it cleaned out.

Peeked out a while ago and saw the neighbor to the south in a 4 foot drift with his snowblower , I hate to even go out until the wind goes down because if I blow snow it will end up right where he is blowing now. Difference now days compared to years ago is equipment size , I remember watching those road maintainers backing up and taking a run at drifts that these idle through. Did see one dig into the hard pack that he was trying to push and it spun him around and sat him up on the ridge faster than he could say crap.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got maybe 4" of snow that didn't blow off with the 62 MPH wind for 3 days and now it's a balmy -6 with a 14-22 MPH breeze.

I didn't realize we were neighbors until now. When did you move to ND?

Yup, I'm just down the road from you. You are buying breakfast tomorrow aren't you? :;:smokin

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
on the getting stuck thingy. our silly 18 year old kid "needed" a new car. gave up a perfectly good trailblazer with 4WD for a FWD Nissan. living in the country. not so smart. bout sick of giving him a push in 3 inches of snow to get him started down the driveway. also, never dresses right. i feel like a failure of a step dad sometimes.

on a side note... for sale: 2008 trailblazer. 141K miles. darn good condition both aesthetically and mechanically. bitching stereo system.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just came down from clearing vents on roof. Nut deep drifts up there and some higher. That was pretty fun.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Think of the benefits
El nino coming back in March. Spring wet. Summer storms. 93 all over again

Channel a flowing big time
Pelly access wide open
Back in anywhere up north
6ft water on 281
Shrimp Mecca
Cold Busch light or 30

Recent Posts