Weather

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is “Unthaw” the same as “Re-Freeze”?

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is not directed at your son Paddle, but why does it seem that the people who are mostly likely to get stuck (cars, small SUVs, etc.), the least prepared to get stuck? Light jacket, no gloves or boots, 50/50 they have a hat. People with vehicles least likely to get stuck carry ropes, shovels, and proper winter clothes. Just my observation as the wind continues to blow here in winter hell.

I understand Remm! My son does have try to dress appropriately for the weather and he has a lot of the equipment with him. He is like most young adults out of college. Still no matter how a person dresses in this cold of weather, eventually the cold penetrates. He would like to buy a pickup, but he just graduated form college and this is his first year round job, but he has high student loans with interest rates that are twice as high as a vehicle loan and he is getting married this spring. So, as a parent, we can only teach and explain things to kids as they grow up, and I think his priorities are OK for now. I would like to mention that he went into work for 3 hours before they sent people home yesterday. So why did they even make them get out and come to work int he first place for 3 hours??? Did they see a forecast of 50 degrees and sunny for later in the afternoon???

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went out and had a chat with mother nature last night. I think it went ok
13849.jpg

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bass Catcher, Now that is some funny shit right there! Looks like Mother Nature had the upper hand on ya.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How many hot toddies before the walrus lost his tusks?:;:cheers

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is to all who bitched this last summer about the heat. I have never seen a 14 day look this bad. I have seen 14 days showing warmer than normal that they f up on. They never get the cold ones wrong. This is also to the guys that post they miss hard water in july814temp.new (4).gif

- - - Updated - - -

Feeling for the animals, dogs who stay outside, ok cats too, rootys, deer, cattle, bison (why are u not migrating)(migrate to the Whitehouse), ion and strike master owners, ice castle owners. Pray for all of u in these shiity times. March will be better. Darrell vanyo is rubbing his hands together. Screenshot_20190209-060947.jpg

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yesterday it was -43 in williston. I live just west of town and it was -38. I left about noon to run to Miles City. It was -30 when I left. When I got to Miles City it was +10. 40 degree swing in just over two hours. Stayed that nice all the way back to Glendive then steadily dropped from Glendive to Sidney and was -10 when I got back to Williston.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is to all who bitched this last summer about the heat. I have never seen a 14 day look this bad. I have seen 14 days showing warmer than normal that they f up on. They never get the cold ones wrong. This is also to the guys that post they miss hard water in july82338061_10217038326250685_6180790614225846272_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Feeling for the animals, dogs who stay outside, ok cats too, rootys, deer, cattle, bison (why are u not migrating)(migrate to the Whitehouse), ion and strike master owners, ice castle owners. Pray for all of u in these shiity times. March will be better. Darrell vanyo is rubbing his hands together. FB_IMG_1581019203351.jpg

in 1997 it looked like that it wasn’t 3 weeks it was 5 months. That was up here don’t know what Arkansas and your deliverance boys looked like

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
+33 degrees here in Payson this morning no wind and a high of 50 for today. Perfect weather!
We don't miss the winters in NoDak one bit. Get this way when one gets older.
Stay warm my friends.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately the weather pros seem to think that February is not going to get much better. Better keep the snow blowers gassed up!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fyi -- i had a shovel in my hand in 97 --- i looked at the history it was 14 degrees today --i would take that today. 66 i had a plastic shovel in my hand -- not much snow moved

- - - Updated - - -

I remember 97 well --- it sucked --- the city of moorhead made it against the law to drive in town. Fargo you could drive --- the temps when up and down based on the day. the latter part of jan and feb this year will go down colder than 97. Coure delene will freeze -- artic ice over the last month has been on a increase vs what the experts say.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fyi -- i had a shovel in my hand in 97 --- i looked at the history it was 14 degrees today --i would take that today. 66 i had a plastic shovel in my hand -- not much snow moved

- - - Updated - - -

I remember 97 well --- it sucked --- the city of moorhead made it against the law to drive in town. Fargo you could drive --- the temps when up and down based on the day. the latter part of jan and feb this year will go down colder than 97. Coure delene will freeze -- artic ice over the last month has been on a increase vs what the experts say.

Ice doesn’t increase anywhere on this planet. It’s settled science.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77