Cat in Lincoln

ND58201

Founding Member
Founding Member
It gives me an uneasy feeling seeing a cat in a tree with dogs around and a “hunter” shooting it out of the tree at 10ft.. doesn’t seem that sporting to me but to each their own. To me working dogs is for upland. Keep them away from chasing lions or coyotes.. I enjoy hunting and calling predators, and every year a group from Wisconson comes to the area with these fancy greyhounds.. bunch of losers that can’t hunt.

Founding Member
Founding Member
No kidding.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
It gives me an uneasy feeling seeing a cat in a tree with dogs around and a “hunter” shooting it out of the tree at 10ft.. doesn’t seem that sporting to me but to each their own. To me working dogs is for upland. Keep them away from chasing lions or coyotes.. I enjoy hunting and calling predators, and every year a group from Wisconson comes to the area with these fancy greyhounds.. bunch of losers that can’t hunt.
Why don't you try hunting mountain lion sometime without a dog and see just how easy it is guarantee you it's a shit ton harder than hunting pheasants without a dog! So if it's okay to use dogs for pheasant and grouse birds that far simpler to hunt without a dog why is it not sporting when using it the hunt something that is nearly impossible to hunt without dogs.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why don't you try hunting mountain lion sometime without a dog and see just how easy it is guarantee you it's a shit ton harder than hunting pheasants without a dog! So if it's okay to use dogs for pheasant and grouse birds that far simpler to hunt without a dog why is it not sporting when using it the hunt something that is nearly impossible to hunt without dogs.

Cabin fever must have officially set in , I just had to google it since I didn't know.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shit-ton

Honored Member
If its near impossible to hunt them without dogs there is obviously not enough in the ecosystem.

Founding Member
Founding Member
:;:huh

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
If its near impossible to hunt them without dogs there is obviously not enough in the ecosystem.
That's not how it works with cats. Hell where I lived worked and hunted in Colorado I only ever saw one and that was for about 1.25 seconds! Cats are super sneaky and super hard to hunt without something dramatically tilting in your favor. Some guys have had some success with calling them in and that works definitely far better in North Dakota where it's wide-open versus in the trees out west but overall hunting without dogs is an absolute b****.

- - - Updated - - -

Cabin fever must have officially set in , I just had to google it since I didn't know.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shit-ton

[FONT=&quot] 24 [/FONT]metric[FONT=&quot] assloads bahahaha[/FONT];:;rofl

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member

You sir are an IDIOT and know nothing about what your talking about.

Last edited:

ND58201

Founding Member
Founding Member
You sir are an IDIOT and know nothing about what your talking about.

Why? Because the hardest thing that you Have to do is find a fresh track and then open the gates for the dogs. Waddle up when they have it treed and shoot it from 10ft? The difference to me is that there is zero chance the animal can get away when treed where as upland have seen plenty get away. To each their own and I really don’t give a shit. It’s just not for me

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why? Because the hardest thing that you Have to do is find a fresh track and then open the gates for the dogs. Waddle up when they have it treed and shoot it from 10ft? The difference to me is that there is zero chance the animal can get away when treed where as upland have seen plenty get away. To each their own and I really don’t give a shit. It’s just not for me

I’ve never done this style of hunting but to be fair all the stories I’ve heard about this style usually entails following a set of tracks and your dogs through several miles of pretty rough terrain to get the cat to a suitable location to get your shot. It’s not like you follow the dogs around a grand forks block and shoot the cat out of a tree on a golf course

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kind of like racoon hunting only in daylight and the prey when pissed will turn on you in a heart beat and hurt things.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
These boys didn't use dogs although they might have used a bird for bait

5c34c9ba84337.image.jpg

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
they follow them damn cats for 7-10 miles sometimes. on foot at that unless there is enough snow for sleds and the terrain allows for it. that's rare out west. then when it holes up in a cave someone has to crawl in and shoot it. that someone isn't going to be me lol

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know when my buddy did it in MT he had to make sure it was a male first before shooting it. Also know a few cat hunters out in MT that just tree the cats for practice for their dogs.
When the cat is treed quite a few of the dogs sound different than when they are chasing the cat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76