4 tbsp butter
1 package of mushrooms sliced
1/4 cup diced onion
1 or 2 garlic cloves chopped
3 tsp lemon juice
bread crumbs
parmesan cheese
parsley, salt, pepper

melt the butter in a pan. Sauté mushrooms, onion, garlic. Remove from heat and add Lemmon juice and mix together. Place fish in a greased 8x8 baking dish. Pour mushroom mixture over the top. Sprinkle the top with the bread crumbs until covered. Cover with plenty of cheese. Sprinkle with salt pepper and parsley. Bake uncovered for a half hour at 350. My family loves this.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you tried baked taco walleye, used to make it when the kids were little they loved it. Just take the full fillets sprinkle a good coating of taco seasoning on then cheese a little salsa, olives if you like then a slice of tomato on top and bake for about 20 minutes.

campchef

Honored Member
Walleye Enchiladas
Ingredients:
Sauce: Enchilada stuffing:
2 Tablespoons butter 2 Lb boneless walleye fillets
2 Tablespoons flour 1dozen cleaned shrimp
1 ½ cup chicken broth ½ cup sweet and ½ cup red onion, minced
2 Tablespoons jalapeno peppers, minced 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
¾ cup sour cream ½ cup julienned carrots
¼ teaspoon creole seasoning 2 handfulls fresh baby spinach
½ teaspoon granulated garlic ½ cup sweet red pepper, minced
3 cups shredded 4 cheese blend, divided 1 cup cooked wild rice (optional)
3 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped 6 flour tortillas

DIRECTIONS:
Sauce: Melt butter in a large saucepan over Med heat. Whisk in flour to create the rue. Slowly add chicken broth and whisk continually, when smooth and beginning to thicken, add sour cream, whisk as necessary. Add jalapeno’s, creole seasoning, granulated garlic, whisk gently, reduce heat, stir in 1 cup of cheese and 2 T cilantro, when melted, remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, use center rack
Stuffing: melt butter in a large fry pan over Med heat and sauté onion, garlic, carrots and red pepper until soft. Add spinach and cooked wild rice, chase around the pan until spinach wilts. Remove from pan and set aside. Add add’l butter and gently cook the fish and shrimp, (2 min per side) lightly add salt & pepper and add’I creole seasoning or hot sauce to taste.
Assembly: grease a 9x13 baking pan with butter. Add ½ cup sauce to cover the bottom. Lay tortillas on a flat surface, place fish and shrimp in the center, cover with the veggie mix, sprinkle on a little cheese, roll up, place seam side down in baking dish and repeat process. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, sprinkle with remaining cheese and cilantro. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, I tried seperating the sauce from the stuffing ​ ingredients but wasn't successful. I trust you can figure it out.

Last edited:

Oley55

Established Member
I just brush both sides lightly with melted butter, lightly sprinkle with Cajun Injector brand cajun seasoning. Then bake on an elevated rack like a cookie cooling rack.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
Parmesan Walleye
Ingredients:
4 walleye filets
1 cup olive oil
1/4 pound butter
One sliced onion
Salt and pepper to taste
One cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and arrange the filets in a glass baking dish. Add sliced onions, the milder the better. Place several tabs of cold butter on top of each filet. Sprinkle heavily with freshly grated parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper as desired. Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown. Remove fillets from the olive oil and butter, drain and serve. Optionally, one can drizzle the drained oil and butter mixture over a little rotini and serve the fillet on top of the pasta.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Damn, all those sound pretty good. Not sure with all the butter and cheeses they're any healthier than frying. I've always felt that lo-fat = low-flavor.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Season to taste, use a grill for your heat source with some smoking chips/pellets adding flavor.

nybs

Honored Member
Place the fillets on a baking sheet - lightly apply some mayo on top, then a thin sliver of cold butter, salt and pepper, broil until they start to flake. Probably similar to what Oley said above with melted butter.
My favorite walleye were grilled...dredge fillets in melted butter , then put Cajun shrimp seasoning or Old Bay...foil pack on charcoal...so good.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lay on tin foil, add fresh lemon slices and a coupla pads of butter, salt and pepper to taste, wrap foil around filet to make a pouch and bake until flaky. Tastes like walleye.

dschaible

Established Member
I do a lot of pan frying in a tablespoon or 2 of olive oil add whatever seasoning your feeling that day and start cooking. Salt, Pepper, Garlic, onion powder, ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, lemon juice and white wine vinegar turns out real nice. I usually cook one side a bit longer to add a little more brown to the sesame seeds. You can also add a panko for more crunch.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put fillets on tin foil and turn up edges. Drizzle the fillets with olive oil and butter. Sprinkle with Lemon/Pepper seasoning, then put a slice of orange on top of each fillet. Cook until fillets flake with a fork. I usually do them on the grill. If I want a little heat to them I use horseradish sauce as a condiment.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn, all those sound pretty good. Not sure with all the butter and cheeses they're any healthier than frying. I've always felt that lo-fat = low-flavor.

For healthy fish I usually just do a little olive oil and then some old bay and bake or drill.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put fillets on tin foil and turn up edges. Drizzle the fillets with olive oil and butter. Sprinkle with Lemon/Pepper seasoning, then put a slice of orange on top of each fillet. Cook until fillets flake with a fork. I usually do them on the grill. If I want a little heat to them I use horseradish sauce as a condiment.

A small tinfoil dish or meatloaf pan with some smoking chips adds a lot of flavor. Get the smoke rolling good before you put the fish on.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been spraying fillets with olive oil and then seasoning them and putting them on the smoker I baste them with a mix of butter and lemon juice a couple times and cook until they are nice and flaky.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
usually do this on BBQ, make a pan out of tinfoil and rub the bottom with some butter and lay in fish fillets and then cover fillets with some chopped onion and green peppers season to taste and bake until fillets are flaking right before serving top with some cheddar cheese and allow to melt and serve, may have to use a spatula to get them out but worth it. when completed just throw away tinfoil pan. Easy and tasty
dukgnfsn

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20180217-121500_resized.jpg

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Walleye

Zatarain’s spice
Bacon
1-1.5 pound walleye fillets

Filling:
2 cups broccoli, chopped small and lightly sautéed
½ cup finely chopped onion, sautéed
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup mayo
1 tsp. garlic powder
¼ cup parmesan cheese
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese

Sprinkle Zatarain’s seasoning on both sides of the fillet. Cut a slit in the fillet on the side so that it has a big opening like a pita. In a bowl, mix the filling ingredients. Stuff the mixture into the fillet. Then wrap a piece of bacon around the fillet and secure with toothpicks. Cook on the grill at about 350 degrees and cook for roughly 8-10 minutes, or until it starts to flake.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75