Sauce: Enchilada stuffing:
2 Tablespoons butter 2 Lb boneless walleye fillets
2 Tablespoons flour 1dozen cleaned shrimp
1 ½ cup chicken broth ½ cup sweet and ½ cup red onion, minced
2 Tablespoons jalapeno peppers, minced 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
¾ cup sour cream ½ cup julienned carrots
¼ teaspoon creole seasoning 2 handfulls fresh baby spinach
½ teaspoon granulated garlic ½ cup sweet red pepper, minced
3 cups shredded 4 cheese blend, divided 1 cup cooked wild rice (optional)
3 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped 6 flour tortillas

DIRECTIONS:
Sauce: Melt butter in a large saucepan over Med heat. Whisk in flour to create the rue. Slowly add chicken broth and whisk continually, when smooth and beginning to thicken, add sour cream, whisk as necessary. Add jalapeno’s, creole seasoning, granulated garlic, whisk gently, reduce heat, stir in 1 cup of cheese and 2 T cilantro, when melted, remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, use center rack
Stuffing: melt butter in a large fry pan over Med heat and sauté onion, garlic, carrots and red pepper until soft. Add spinach and cooked wild rice, chase around the pan until spinach wilts. Remove from pan and set aside. Add add’l butter and gently cook the fish and shrimp, (2 min per side) lightly add salt & pepper and add’I creole seasoning or hot sauce to taste.
Assembly: grease a 9x13 baking pan with butter. Add ½ cup sauce to cover the bottom. Lay tortillas on a flat surface, place fish and shrimp in the center, cover with the veggie mix, sprinkle on a little cheese, roll up, place seam side down in baking dish and repeat process. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, sprinkle with remaining cheese and cilantro. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, I tried seperating the sauce from the stuffing ​ ingredients but wasn't successful. I trust you can figure it out.

Made this the other night. A delicious change from fried walleye. Usually when I try something new my wife will try it but usually with a small bite. For this dish she tried a small bite, then another, and another. Finally said "You can keep this recipe."

Don't be scared to use a good amount of spinach as it does wilt down a sizable amount. Didn't use the wild rice but will try it next time just for a change to see which I like better.

★ Legendary Member
roll fish in seasoned(salt/pepper) flour, put in 9X13 baking pan, one layer. pour cream until fish is just covered, i usually sprinkle some of the seasoned flour into the cream and bake at 375 until cream starts to brown. this is how my grandmother always made walleye. this is by far my favorite way to make fish. server with mashed taters, wild rice, etc. you won't be disappointed.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
A recipe I remember from the Dakota Country magazine that might help you with reduced fat- and pretty darn simple:

Italian Walleye
Place a few seasoned filet on a greased baking pan
Pour on Rague/Prego over the top of the filet
Bake at 350* for 35min
Pull pan out and sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese over the top and return for 5 additional minutes

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76