Why Netflix?

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow. Just watched "Abducted In Plain Sight" documentary. I was livid while suffering through this show. I guess shock does truly sell. Shame on me for watching this. This should actually be a training video of HORRIBLE parenting. I looked over at my wife and said that I would be more than comfortable sitting on death row after I rectified this situation. My only regret would be that I could only take care of this "B" animal once...

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
if its so bad, why did you watch it? I watch till I realize something is bad and then change the channel...

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I liked the movie and was really conflicted. I think the parents were for the most part good people who didn't want to cause conflicts with people and were naive to the point of being idiots. I try to put myself in their shoes but I could not ever make the choices they did. Given the mindset of those days, they unfortunately were not unlike many people of those days.

Overall a great movie that's worth telling. I feel like a movie snob because I stop watching 90% of the movies I start but this one kept my attention.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cancelled Netflix when I read that they signed the bopsie twins up for a mega-deal to produce garbage. Because I'm a racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I didn't subsidize this purchase:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...z-campaign-film-draws-top-dollar-from-netflix

- - - Updated - - -

Netflix Inc. acquired rights to the award-winning documentary “Knock Down the House,” about the election campaigns of U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and three other women from the Democratic Party, reportedly paying the most ever for such a film.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I cancelled Netflix when I read that they signed the bopsie twins up for a mega-deal to produce garbage. Because I'm a racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I didn't subsidize this purchase:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...z-campaign-film-draws-top-dollar-from-netflix

- - - Updated - - -

Netflix Inc. acquired rights to the award-winning documentary “Knock Down the House,” about the election campaigns of U.S. Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and three other women from the Democratic Party, reportedly paying the most ever for such a film.

Yup, in a word FUCK Netflix!

ive-cometoapointin-my-life-where-ineed-a-stronger-word-than-8877266.jpg

I forgot to add in addition to the Obamas being paid 10's of millions to provide "content", George Soros owns a big chunk of Netflix.

Last edited:

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The wife and I watched this movie Saturday...based on a recommendation from our 29 year old daughter...who has 5 year old child. Not defending the parents by any stretch, but in 1973...in Pocatello Idaho, don't think folks were too concerned about any type of crime...including child abduction by a family friend. I know in small town PA where I was a kid we never locked our doors...even at night. Just seemed crazy to my wife and I how awkward and inappropriate that guy was with their 10 year old daughter...and yet they allowed the guy to keep coming around...and eventually allowed him to spend the night with her as part of his therapy...are you kidding me! Not to turn this into a religious discussion...but they were members of the LDS church...and the guy saw an LDS counselor...I believe. The entire thing was just bizarre beyond belief!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would someone be so kind as to provide the Cliff Notes version of the story so I won't have to ever watch it?

Thanks in advance!

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Allen...here goes: small town family meets another family at church...dad from friend family is a pedophile takes interest in first family's 11 year old daughter...seduces mom...and dad along the way...eventually abducts young girl...FBI finally finds her in a Catholic school in California enrolled under an assumed name...by now she's 15...the CIA/aliens/LDS church all involved. Quite the story line. In all seriousness...very sad story about...IMO...parents not protecting their child in an appropriate non dumbass way...just my take.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure why you wouldn't want to watch it. Its good and is only one episode long. Just disturbing in the sense that the parents were as dumb as they were.

A family in Idaho has new neighbors. Both families get along well and do a lot of activities together. The new neighbors dad is a pedophile and starts grooming the neighbors daughter. In order to get closer to her, he tries to turn the family on itself by seducing the mom and the dad. He ends up sleeping with the daughter for many months because he convinces the family that his counselor said it was part of his therapy. When I say 'sleep with the daughter' I literally mean sleep in the sense that he is suppose to sleep in the same bed. Thats what he tells the girls parents is happening but he actually drugs her and molests her without them knowing I guess. He convinces the parents that he wants to take the girl out the the country to see his horses but instead kidnaps her for 3 months and they find him in Mexico. She's convinced that she was abducted by aliens and that she is part alien and being kidnapped was all part of a plan. FBI catches him and brings him back for justice. Guys wife convinces family not to prosecute and they don't. Shortly after that, he kidnaps her again for several months.

A lot more to the story but that is the basic facts.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not sure why you wouldn't want to watch it. Its good and is only one episode long. Just disturbing in the sense that the parents were as dumb as they were.

A family in Idaho has new neighbors. Both families get along well and do a lot of activities together. The new neighbors dad is a pedophile and starts grooming the neighbors daughter. In order to get closer to her, he tries to turn the family on itself by seducing the mom and the dad. He ends up sleeping with the daughter for many months because he convinces the family that his counselor said it was part of his therapy. When I say 'sleep with the daughter' I literally mean sleep in the sense that he is suppose to sleep in the same bed. Thats what he tells the girls parents is happening but he actually drugs her and molests her without them knowing I guess. He convinces the parents that he wants to take the girl out the the country to see his horses but instead kidnaps her for 3 months and they find him in Mexico. She's convinced that she was abducted by aliens and that she is part alien and being kidnapped was all part of a plan. FBI catches him and brings him back for justice. Guys wife convinces family not to prosecute and they don't. Shortly after that, he kidnaps her again for several months.

A lot more to the story but that is the basic facts.

christ man! How about a spoiler alert

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont have not have had Netflix in probably 6 years. Buddy of mine a couple weeks ago had me watch a new series called Sex Education. Apparently it is for teenagers. BS... so horribly disturbing.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I know is my backhoe won't bury a pedophile deep enough to be out of the worm zone. But it will absolutely make a hole in the ground.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you asked me to survive off streaming tv services I'd die..fawkkkk that! In between commercials yesterday watching golf I decided to see if Netflix or prime had anything interesting and new..only for both not to load thanks to my effing internet I'm sure and I wasnt getting up to unplug that modem just to plug It back in. Bachelor parties gotta be coming to an end soon cuz they make for a long few days these days!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
With sever arthritis in the knees and recent rotater cuff surgery I'm stuck indoors this winter. I think I have watched every gunsmithing video on utube, and a few documentaries on Netflix. Every nature documentary has some bs about global warming. Little wonder the youth have heads full of crap.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont have not have had Netflix in probably 6 years. Buddy of mine a couple weeks ago had me watch a new series called Sex Education. Apparently it is for teenagers. BS... so horribly disturbing.

That show is absolutely NOT intended for young teenagers. It is rated mature, which is closer to XXX than PG-13. We set our parental controls so anything rated higher than PG-13 requires a passcode.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76