Jackson's Lodge, Manitoba?

Big C

Hello - Looking at doing a moose hunt in next couple of years and noticed Jackson's Lodge will be at Fargo Sport Show. Has anyone gone through them for fishing, moose hunting, bear hunting, etc? Any personal experience and input appreciated.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have experience there, but South Shore Lodge in Winnipegosis MB was really good to my Dad and I a few years ago for a bear hunt. https://www.southshorelodge.net/index.php
He doesn't have moose though.

The year prior we did a fly in bear hunt in Ontario (flew out of a place north of Kenora 45 miles). That was a waste of time. Got annoyed when we ran out of bear bait, told them and they didn't bring any more in. So the last day or two we baited bears with our leftovers. This guy has moose, but after the experience with bears, I'd stay away.

Last edited:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have not hunted with them but done fishing, 3 drive in (2 before they sold that location) and 1 fly-in on the Blood Vein river. The guys I went with have now been doing 1 fly in per year for 25yrs I think. Jacksons sold their drive in location to focus more on the fly in and so that they could spend more time with the grand children, their son is one of the pilots. From what I have seen on the fishing I will be giving them first look when I get a chance to hunt up there. Great family to deal with.

Bucky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been fishing with them 7 times, great service. Shawn runs a top notch business. Every year they keep up grading cabins. We usually
stay at the drifters Inn the night before we fly out. Only a 1/2 mile to the Berens River where the Float Planes are.

Big C

Sounds like they are a top shelf organization! Thanks again.

Big C

Hello - Thought I would provide feedback on our recent trip. In short, it was GREAT. We were tentatively planning a trip in 2021 but they had a cancelation this fall and we took the opportunity. First class operation. Great guides, great accommodations, great meals, great hunting, great scenery, great pilots, etc. We both got our moose, which was a bonus!

Have zero reservations in recommending Jackson's based on our experience.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good to hear. Have done 1 flying fishing and 2 drive in about 8-9yrs ago. Really a great family ran business

KiYi

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went on a fly in fishing trip with them in June 2019. Excellent experience.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76