Lake Access - Sibley

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could anyone give me an idea of lake access at Sibley? I went to Alkaline last weekend, that it is either walking access or tracked vehicle. Curious if Sibley is the same or if someone has plowed some access for a truck?

Miller Time

I went out there Sunday morning with the house. Someone decided to pile snow at the top of the ramp so it is all blocked. There is another trail people are using but it looked like only track vehicles were using it. It is too narrow for a pick up. I ended up going back to town.

MULEDEER

Established Member
Well if it is like the Ashley area it’s tracks only. We have so much f in snow I am sick of it. When you do drill a hole it floods and becomes a slush mess. I believe we are over 60 inches of snow for the winter every flurry event turns into 6 inches

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought I would bump this up in hopes that anyone might have a recent report of access with all this snow. Does a guy still need a tracked vehicle to access?

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought I would bump this up in hopes that anyone might have a recent report of access with all this snow. Does a guy still need a tracked vehicle to access?

I haven't been out ice fishing this year so take that for what its worth. but judging by the DOT cameras east of Bismarck I can only assume every lake is limited to tracked vehicles or walking unless a saint cleared the access road with some very large equipment. ive seen enough pictures where the standard residential bobcat wouldn't do shit anymore.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty solid chance that not only do you need a tracked vehicle to travel on the lake but you probably need tracks to get anywhere near a pothole lake unless a state hwy or major county road goes near it.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wear knee high rubber boots too, odds are water is gonna come pouring out your holes.... Time to start prepping for open water rather than fish hard water.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
they had close to or more than 15 inches of snow or more in the last 2 weeks and the interstates have been closed almost 2 days and a lot of secondary roads are still closed at this time. You do the math and see what you come up with, I already have my answer, just saying. We as sportsman need to not add ourselves to the need to be rescued list as they are busy enough at this time. I would guess unless some local for some reason opens up a trail it is probably no more ice fishing in a lot of areas, when there is finally some kind of access it will be a mud pit and we will be tearing up trails and roads to any lake that isn't along a main road.

MULEDEER

Established Member
In the last two weeks we have had 25 inches of snow most highways are 1 lane roads. county roads are a week away from being opened within 30 miles of Ashley. I believe we are in the 90 inch area for seasonal snowfall

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Everything south of Jamestown from Verona to Ashley is an absolute nightmare. I'd hate to be the owner of a wheelhouse on any lake in those areas.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everything south of Jamestown from Verona to Ashley is an absolute nightmare. I'd hate to be the owner of a wheelhouse on any lake in those areas.

Gonna be some upset Sconis!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76