Lund Impact Rigging Tube

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for some advice. I'm running a data cable from the battery compartment to the bow of my Lund Impact. I have access to the rigging tube/conduit to run a fish wire up to the bow, but my question is this.....How do I gain access to the bow end of the rigging tube? There is a hole in the floor of the bow storage area, but that rigging tube does not go all the way to the hole. Is there a simple way to remove the floor of the bow storage area? It looks like floor in the bow storage compartment is continuous with the main floor for the front casting area of the boat. Any advice is appreciated.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its a bitch. I have a explorer sport which is the same. At the very front of the boat, in the bow storage under the trolling motor, where the carpeted floor meets the aluminum there is a hole about the size of a quarter or 50 cent piece. Eventually i did fish it to that point and was able to snag it with my fingers. As you know there is alot of room to work up there (sarcasm). I would expect your boat to be pretty similar. Just keep feeding and you will hear it rattling around up there eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Made me realize i am glad i dont rig boats for a living.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok...here is what I did. I tied a 1"x1" chuck of a walmart bag onto a piece of Nanofil. Set the end in the conduit opening (down in the battery compartment) and turned on the leaf blower. Took a couple tries but it blew that piece of plastic right up to the bow and was able to get it with my hand. I tied on a piece of nylon string and pulled that back through in the opposite direction. After my knees have rested a bit, I will attempt to pull the network cable through. Hope I can safe someone else some frustration.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Red Green material, for sure. Yes i think i used wire hangers unraveled and twisted together to get the appropriate length. And electrical taped the cable and pulled it back through.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
When you pull the data cable, also pull at least one set of red/black wires up there too. Might as well have easy access to power if you want some......

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get yourselves a cheap harbor freight fishtape. Makes jobs like this a little easier.

Tried that and my fiberglass rods first...There was already power for the Terrova, bow graph, lights, horn, etc and of course they used corrugated tubbing. Couldn't get it to go and I also feared the fish tape would pass between wires on the way in and then make it a bugger to pull the data cable back.

The blower method must have let that string just lay on top of the existing cables because it pulled back super easy.

SDMF, when I blew in that line it was a double so I'm leaving a pull string in there for future use.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
SDMF, when I blew in that line it was a double so I'm leaving a pull string in there for future use.

So, leave the string, but, pull power and data cables. NEVER skip a chance to make a future project quick and easy. It’s 0% more work to pull power wires with that data cable.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
One trick I have used is tie string to a grocery bag and use a shop vac to suck it through. Just make sure you shut off vac before you suck the bag in

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75