2019 spring turkey!!!

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Jdinny,
My dad shot a 45 lb bow for quite a few years. He shot Muzzy 3 or 4 blade broadheads. He killed many deer with that setup. Also keep in mind the 45 lb bow he was shooting wasn't built even close to the new bows they have now. Bows now are much better I believe. I think your wife will be fine killing whitetails. Looks like she can drive tacks with her setup, that's what counts.
Great job on the turkeys!

Fish On!

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
2019 turkey-2.jpg

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jdinny,
My dad shot a 45 lb bow for quite a few years. He shot Muzzy 3 or 4 blade broadheads. He killed many deer with that setup. Also keep in mind the 45 lb bow he was shooting wasn't built even close to the new bows they have now. Bows now are much better I believe. I think your wife will be fine killing whitetails. Looks like she can drive tacks with her setup, that's what counts.
Great job on the turkeys!

Fish On!

yeah she shoots well. maybe not a tack driver but pretty solid. her best attribute is she just flat out patient doesn't get rattled. yeah im kinda born again archer did it a lot in highschool and just picked it up again recently she used my youth bow last fall. she fell in love with it so got her a hoyt powermax for Christmas and to say the newer bows are better is an understatement.

- - - Updated - - -

jigaman is that a merriem??

those tail feather look awfully white those tips

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
jigaman is that a merriem??

those tail feather look awfully white those tips

They are pretty white but it was taken in Walsh County so highly doubtful that it's a Merriem.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had a blast helping my buddy try and fill his tag. Great weather, very few ticks and found out how bad of shape I'm in after the winter. Lots of birds but tough calling the toms off of the hens. Would have filled with a shotgun but he's toting a handgun.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75