Jumbo's Sloppy Joe Sauce

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
After all this talk I decided to try Jumbos jalapeño tonight. Pretty good, but to be honest I feel like it pretty much tasted like how I remember manwich tasting, but it’s been probably 10 years.

ps: you slushburger people are off your damn rocker. To much frack fluid or something in the water up there!

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Manwich or anything in a can or jar is for wimps, easy to make the good stuff with just a few odds and ends, and they are called Slushburgers or Conies in this neck of the woods, just head them last night for the Grandsons 7th Birthday

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope when you buy a pulled pork sandwich its actually called a pulled pork sandwich. I have never heard it called a barbecue sandwich. If you get a chance to eat at the American smoke wagon in Watford city try thier pulled pork sandwich it's really good.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nope when you buy a pulled pork sandwich its actually called a pulled pork sandwich. I have never heard it called a barbecue sandwich. If you get a chance to eat at the American smoke wagon in Watford city try thier pulled pork sandwich it's really good.

In ND they call it pulled pork sandwich but in other parts of the country where BBQ meats were born they call them BBQs like KC, Carolina, Texas, ect.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do we need V to start a poll? Slushburger vs Sloppy Joes vs BBQ's?

I just realized that we have been talking about this for 3 pages. I think we ALL have cabin fever!!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do we need V to start a poll? Slushburger vs Sloppy Joes vs BBQ's?

I just realized that we have been talking about this for 3 pages. I think we ALL have cabin fever!!

No poll needed, Sloppy Joe is nationally recognized and in the dictionary. If Adam Sandler and Chris Farley have a song about it, there is no argument.

49602858.jpg

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Made "whatever you want to call it" last night. ground beef with lots of onions, tomato soup, ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, chili powder, and worcestershire sauce. was delicious!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
3 pages about loose meat sandwiches with sauce. This pretty impressive

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone ever eaten at a Maid'Rite? I think they were mostly an Iowa thing, at least that's the only place I've seen them.Wonder if they still exist?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone ever eaten at a Maid'Rite? I think they were mostly an Iowa thing, at least that's the only place I've seen them.Wonder if they still exist?

I used to work with a guy who grew up in Iowa and he always talked about them. I think they are just heavily seasoned ground beef but no sauce?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to work with a guy who grew up in Iowa and he always talked about them. I think they are just heavily seasoned ground beef but no sauce?

I know they had just seasoned ground meat, thought they had a sauce version too. I just had the giant pork fritter sandwich when I was there

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How can they be called barbecue when there is no BBQ sauce or grill involved? It makes my head hurt. Also sloppy joes are incredibly overrated

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
6A334581-EA71-437B-8AFA-D4F88C213E18.jpg
:cool:
1) they are sloppy joes
2) they are delicious. Must add sliced pickles, Merican cheese, and potato chips for a crunch
3) I want one now

Jumbos jalapeño is pretty good for canned stuff. Moms homemeade are the best....

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you have ever been to a farm auction BBQ / Sloopy Joes are always on the menu. Cannot recall having a bad one. Those Grandmas know how to fix-in.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
it's been rare - but once in a blue moon I've had "mealy" sloppy joes - GROSS

Lord only knows how they managed to eff them up

they had ONE job

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Slush Burger? Yikes. I must admit, that does not sound that appetizing. That's what you kick off your mudflaps before you pull into the garage.

No, that's what you call mud-butt.

- - - Updated - - -

the word conie reminded me how dang good a quality chili dog is

Oh man, a foot-long chili-cheese dog, from King's Food Host, in Minot, circa 1970's.

My mouth just watered...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, that's a new term: Loose meat sandwiches. Now THAT, is an unsavory description...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75