Frozen in Ice Castle ideas?

Nmariner

Established Member
Regarding the foot of ice hanging under the front hopefully with the heat inside and the warm weather/sun heating up the outside it may melt enough to fall loose.

- - - Updated - - -

never posting pics would be a chicken#### thing to do after so many offers to help, ideas, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

is your friend really that thin-skinned that he's worried about razzing etc?

I would assume that he is embarrased/frustrated by the whole thing. If something like this happened to me Im not sure I would feel like sharing pics. Remember Opie is helping out a friend. I would feel a little shitty if I were Opie asking the owner, you know that website that I asked for ideas? Do you mind if I put pictures of your situation on the internet?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep in mind that simple old school ice picks are incredibly good at removing ice without shock/hammering. I keep one for getting iced up augers ice free. A small team armed with $5 ice picks could have the external ice gone in no time.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
All my life I never knew I had to give anything back if I was given advice that I asked for, besides a genuine thank you. Good luck Opie, you and the owner do not owe anyone any pics. Stay safe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
For me personally he doesn't "owe" me anything. I would however like to see pics just to fully see what happened to the house and the hell these poor people had to go through to get this thing out and off the lake. If Opie can't post i fully respect that and understand!

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the chicken #### comment. Pics have been asked for numerous times on this thread, and the OP has reasons for not posting them,which evidently is respecting the owner and I applaud him for it. If they decide they want to share them, they will and will be great. If not,that is fine as well. I just wish them the best of luck with minimal damage and the safety of those getting it out.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
50 million ice castle pics sunk in the ice on you tube -- just play one and imagine it --- were acting like Nodaks like we have never seen anything over here on the prairie. One can only imagine what goes on in MN and WI -- its got to be a s show every week. Remember when that ice parking lot went to water ---that would of been a hell of a show. The guy will get it out - and life will go on.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I simply want to see it for the engineering/challenge aspects of this case in particular

I guess when you want to watch the next sports game or tournament you could always watch tapes of old games/tournaments - since once you've seen a bunch of them they're all the same

good grief

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Of course everyone wants to see it,IF they decide to show it. But GOOD GRIEF calling it chicken $$$$ if they don't. Your better than that.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
relax - what’s the motivation behind not showing pics if it’s not fear or embrassment?

and those fearful of jocular ridicule in my day (including me) were called chicken####s

what the hell are we lasering in on a classic nickname for? overeaction imo

- - - Updated - - -

I’m sorry, I thought this was Nodak Angler, not Snowflake Angler
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Believe me guy I do too especially one by a do it yourselfer. But i bet it ends up on bisman and they don't want to show to much.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes it was the same for me BACK IN THE DAY. Back in the day it was said face to face,and settled on the spot, good or bad, not on some social media where you can hide miles away.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
dude... you’re really making this into something it’s not

- - - Updated - - -

joc·u·lar
/ˈjäkyələr/

adjective

• fond of or characterized by joking; humorous or playful.

- - - Updated - - -

let’s move on plz

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok Flake go snort your snow. JOCK U LAR STYLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Balls in a cup

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed 100 :)

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am on board with inquiries about pics .... there has been so much back and forth it is often hard to know what the current situation is, the old adage a pic is worth 1000 words would go along way here...but obviously that is not going to happen.

However if it was me and I was looking for the most qualified responses there would have been no shortage of pics ....

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was on the ice today, nowhere near Hiddenwood Lake, but i'd imagine conditions are similar if not worse. Slush pockets everywhere on top of whatever else this guy is dealing with, i don't envy his position.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
My personal position is that I would not post pics of my flooded/sunken ice house on NDA. You wouldn’t need to see pics because I’d never start a thread about my flooded ice house in the first place. Ha ha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77