landing net...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
looking for some help here... i've seen a net in videos that i want to check out, but i can't find it anywhere... it is a large square folding net that you use along the side of the boat for larger fish... what i remember is someone basically pulling a fish into it while another guy opens it beside the boat... it then closes and holds the fish straight to get the hook out and measure...

any knowledge??? thanks

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
2006septmuskie4.jpg

Something like this?

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
looking for some help here... i've seen a net in videos that i want to check out, but i can't find it anywhere... it is a large square folding net that you use along the side of the boat for larger fish... what i remember is someone basically pulling a fish into it while another guy opens it beside the boat... it then closes and holds the fish straight to get the hook out and measure...

any knowledge??? thanks

I don't catch bigger fish so have not looked into such a contraption. Minnow dip net seems to work fine for me. And the red one can't be the one because you said it was large and square. The one in the picture is rectangular.;:;popcorn

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's cute...not sure what kinda pike they catch on TV, but the ones I catch go monkey shit throwing ballistic as soon as they get confined by a net, hand or grip. I can see the first big gator I get into that thing going psycho as I lean over, flopin up and snagging me in the face with a treble.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's cute...not sure what kinda pike they catch on TV, but the ones I catch go monkey shit throwing ballistic as soon as they get confined by a net, hand or grip. I can see the first big gator I get into that thing going psycho as I lean over, flopin up and snagging me in the face with a treble.

Yes, some of the gators I've caught, actually will still snap at me, after I've chopped them in half with an axe.

By the way, chainmail does not float. You'd best be a strong swimmer if you fall in.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What damn big of walleye you think your gonna catch raider. I understood you haven’t had anything bigger than 3lbs in your boat

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see an eye over 20", I cut the line...

Going up to last mountain in may for the big pike bite... I've caught them up to 45" by accident, so I thought I'd give it a try...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67