Which pickup to buy?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
In your own words explain what this copy and paste is saying, and what your conclusion is as far as if GM is "owned" or was "bought" by China?
that a company from china has bought into GMC if there are 100000 shares and a chines company buys 50000 shares with 4 other companies that are all affiliated with china ( umbrella company) then 50 of the company is owned by a Chinese company. But since china is an communist company a bet a dollar that company is controlled by the Chinese government so in essence its owned by china.
how did I do

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAIC_Motor
here you go it says state owned
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-owned_enterprise

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
As long as you understand that SAIC is just GM-Chinas partner for business in China and doesn't in fact own 50% of GM corp.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
As long as you understand that SAIC is just GM-Chinas partner for business in China and doesn't in fact own 50% of GM corp.
yes you need to reread my post if i buy half of your company stocks I own half of your company I get say in what the GM company does in CHINA hence the reason there are now 2 headquarters one in united states and one in china. Its not like they just bought one branch of GM like Buick, no they bought half the company which is what is meant Chinese investment conglomerates. Since the Chinese company SAIC didn't sell part of its company to GM keeping total control of all its company shares. AND since the Chinese company SAIC is actually state sponsored it is owned by the country CHINA
for the record the companies you mention may be part of the united states owned part of the company but they have no control of the GM factory in china. GM has given them full access to all their technology, name, and client base, in return they are allowed to sell vehicles of their own design under the name GM.

which is the reason why GM has decided to close down car manufacturing plant in the united states because china has for some reason given GM the shaft without any lube. A company from china has so much control over the united states that it has forced GM to stop all production you don't have that much influence at the top if you don't own shares into the overall business of the company. is it a full 50/50 split that I don't know for sure but to say that china doesn't own some control over what goes on with in the halls of GM is Ludacris.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cool, let me know when you can prove they own any large share of GM Corp. they aren’t in the listed top 10 shareholders and by that time your down to 1% stakes.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is my last post because you clearly don’t get it. GM has a subsidiary called GM China, that partnered with saic for China business. There is a giant fucking difference between a subsidiary partnership and saying “China owns 50% of GM” They don’t own any meaning full share of GM, large shareholders are public information and easily found and none of them are Chinese companies. End of fucking story.

Huntin1

Established Member
A Toyota Tacoma Double cab with a 6' box is 225.5" total length. A RAM 1500 Quad cab with a 6'4" box total length is 228.9"
You can go down to a 5' box in the Toyota and get it down to 212.3"

Pickup owners are pretty brand loyal. I've driven GM vehicles for most of my 50 years of driving, at least up until a few years ago. Had a 2014 RAM 1500 then in March of 2020 I traded it on a 2020 RAM 1500. Both have been decent trucks. Neither have been in the shop for anything other than oil changes.

Personally I say get what meets your needs and don't worry about what make it is.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm either a good suggestion or not, depends on your opinion and my thinking. Since about the late 1970's I've had quite a few pickups. I generally trade about every 4 years usually now. I've owned 1 Ford, (didn't like it much) and the remainder have been Chevy's. Rarely have had an issue. Did have one transmission go out and even though the factory warranty was off, GM covered the repair.

Are Chevy's the best, don't know, just know that I've been very satisfied with the ones I've owned. I do drive full-size 1500's with bigger engines. Also prefer some of the off-road options but not fully off-road. Just a little heavier suspension, towing options etc. Don't like huge tires or really aggressive tires treads as I like a smooth, quieter ride.

I like the 4 door cab with the medium length box, not the 8' or the short box. I keep it in a 24' garage with no problem. Can walk around the front and the back. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have a 2014 F-150 with the 5.0 V8...never had a single issue...103K miles. Have been looking at new/newer trucks last 6 months...guess I'm hoping when the 2022 model year trucks hit dealerships I can find a 2021 leftover for a reasonable price...maybe I'm fooling myself! Looking hard at the GMC Sierra (AT4) or the Chevy Silverado (RST/Trailboss). Have read so much about the 5.3 mated to an 8 speed or 10 speed transmission - pros/cons about them...not sure if I've really learned anything at all! We'll see what happens over the next few months with prices.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
20b9147f80ddae89bb39cf9f049971a2.jpeg
There are 70 cargo ships off the coast of California and nobody wants to work to unload the cargo ships.
Uu0EtTu0.jpg

Huntin1

Established Member
1695011461975.png
There are 70 cargo ships off the coast of California and nobody wants to work to unload the cargo ships.
View attachment 61319

They can't find people to work to unload the ships? Maybe. I've also heard that our government is preventing the ships from docking so that they can't be unloaded, in an effort to create a supply situation so they can further tank our economy. Conspiracy theory? Probably. But with the current administration, entirely possible.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They can't find people to work to unload the ships? Maybe. I've also heard that our government is preventing the ships from docking so that they can't be unloaded, in an effort to create a supply situation so they can further tank our economy. Conspiracy theory? Probably. But with the current administration, entirely possible.
unfortunately I agree these Biden supporters are 100 percent ok with this conspiracy theory since they voted for the dementia Joe Xiden

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I rented a Tacoma earlier this summer in Maine and was extremely impressed with its off-road capabilities. We were working deep in the forest with horrible access via old muddy logging roads and it got me and my equipment everywhere I needed to go. For my use, I need a 1/2 ton but if I was in the market for a mid-size the Tacoma would be top of my list. I have also rented a new ranger and didn't care for it at all. Felt much more like a car.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75