Tense moments as Yellowstone bison charges snowmobilers

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Please keep the camera rolling on how YOU got that pickup through....Ran into this problem at TRNP Medora 2 years ago. A big bull came up from out of nowhere and got out in the middle of the two lane and came right at us. I put her (traverse) in reverse and gave him room. Coming across the road with guard rails on both sides, not gonna chance it. Came up out of a ravine (from the north) to the west of us and as soon as he passed the guard rail on the east end, down the ravine to the south he went. Had to go investigate. He was down in the bottom drinking out of a small pool. Never gave us a problem.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Buff just wanted to play tag. Tag your it might of been a little rough.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buff looked frisky, not angry. Didn't look like he really had his heart into making snowmobiler-mush.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
he read lunkers comments on the other thread. took it out on a snowmobileler

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too think he was just playing (frisky). He didn't seem to have that pissed off attitude that you recognize after being around animals. Maybe he wanted a ride on a snowmobile?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm no buffalo-whisperer, but it would seem that maybe the best action would be no action. Maybe the sledders (and the vehicle driver) could have simply stopped, rather than continue to approach. I dunno. Self-preservation shoulda kicked in at some point...

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bison out there are so used to human activity, they are more like cattle than wildlife. My cows will do similar sometimes. Run and jump. If he wanted to do harm, he would have.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buff has spring fever On the farm critters act goofy just for the hell of it when they are getting over cabin fever.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
he may of been playing -- but when the championship is on the line ----- or the NFL career -- they play for keeps

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
cool clip, the buff looks like a 1200lb pup romping around with his new found friends.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
That kind of hopping around is playing around,. If he wanted to be agressive some of those sleds wouldn't have made it past him

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74