Shock Collar

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
My old tri-tronics collar finally died so I'm looking at getting a new one. Looking at the Dogtra 1902s 2 collar setup as I have to run 2 dogs. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on a different setup? Thanks again.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whats wrong with your tritronics? I have one also and the batter finally died, ordered a new set of batteries from ebay for $20 and its working again...

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm still partial to T-T, even after the Garmin purchase. I've been running a Garmin Pro 100 for eight years now and can't say enough about it. The current Garmin Pro 70 and 550 are very similar. Controls are intuitive. Very simple to switch between dogs (I run two, but wouldn't hesitate to do three). Plus fully waterproof and rechargable. I'm VERY interested in the updated Pro 550 Plus, which comes with tracking ability. Not as feature packed as something like the Alpha, but plenty to at least know where your dog is when hunting cover. If mine ever shits the bed, I'm probably upgrading to that. https://www.gundogsupply.com/garmin-tri-tronics-pro-collars.html

I've been burned (no pun intended) by a few other manufacturers in the past. One said "rechargeable" and then I find out that the collar is, but the remote takes 9V batteries! Talk about pain in the ass.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been using a Garmin Alpha for almost 5 years. I can't imagine going back to a non-GPS collar!!!

That being said, the remote control on the Alpha is kind of annoying. Not very ergonomic design, the touchscreen is constantly getting "touched" and on some wonky function while in my pocket or being carried on it's leash. The touchscreen is also easy to scratch, so I would REALLY recommend putting a replaceable screen protector on it as soon as it comes out of the box. I had to cut one down to fit from a phone screen protector, but it's still on their and working as intended.

Overall it's a good system that can be expanded to multiple dogs, I'm just not a fan of the remote. Oh yeah, and the collar's antenna is long enough for the dog to chew on it.

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The one I have is like 15 years and I can't find parts for it. The one collar belonged to my 16 year old shorthair that passed away last fall so I figured I would just update this year. On a side note I now will have parts from that one and a newer style one if anyone is looking. I love the tri-tronics old styles but really don't like the new style transmitters so that's what lead me to the Dogtra. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79