SB 2315 - In Cmte 3/14 - ACTION REQUIRED!

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if this bill is simply the Stockmen trying to damage the Game and Fish. If it's a landowners rights bill why do some of them thinkk the Game and Fish should get hit with the bill for the program? It's not only hunters and fishermen that walk on their dirt. Some kid may be trying to pick juneberrys. Maybe some guy is parking with his daughter on the back 40.
I think Obi-Wan is correct about the low number of bad hunters. Maybe I would push that to even 2% at most. I also think the percentages of landowners for the bill or against may be 50/50.
Our problem is the whole country is becoming more divided. I think it started with radical politicians which created a great divide among our citizens. When the pay to play hunting hit North Dakota hunters who paid to hunt see no reason to support those who don't support them and that created another divide. The thought was if we pay $100 per gun at Mott why should we pay again April 15. It started looking to one sided. There appears to be a lot of resentment pushing this bill.

Soil.....not dirt.

Dirt is unclean matter, especially when in contact with a person's clothes, skin or possessions. In such case they are said to become dirty. Common types of dirt include: Dust: a general powder of organic or mineral matter Filth: foul matter such as excrement Grime: a black, ingrained dust such as soot

Soil
, the biologically active, porous medium that has developed in the uppermost layer of Earth’s crust. It is one of the principal substrata of life on Earth, serving as a reservoir of water and nutrients, as a medium for the filtration and breakdown of wastes, and as a participant in the cycling of elements.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
i talked to a lobbyist that said one of the big snags is the easement property. he said some are only 8 feet wide and not accessible if posted on both sides. I also heard rumor a lot of backlash from devils lake area for same reasons for shore fishing? Also heard they are trying to drag county auditors into the logistics and operation side, which would be a waste of time and money!! Time to scrap this STUPID idea and move on!!!
I’m glad the residents of Cando and Devils Lake are paying attention to this bill. Many of them will be pushed out of their fishing spots if this bill passes. Just another reason this is a bad bill that needs to be defeated.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can imagine what you’re like when you ask permission to hunt I bet it is very unpleasant! With your attitude it can’t turn out very well! I finally try to come to some kind of truce with you and you just keep running everybody down!
i don’t ask

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can imagine what you’re like when you ask permission to hunt I bet it is very unpleasant! With your attitude it can’t turn out very well! I finally try to come to some kind of truce with you and you just keep running everybody down!

Did you know the gfp have eyexer on a special do not give deer license list. He has told us multiple times he had some where in the realm of 500 or so points and can’t draw. Also is on Reynolds pro staff

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you know the gfp have eyexer on a special do not give deer license list. He has told us multiple times he had some where in the realm of 500 or so points and can’t draw. Also is on Reynolds pro staff
Who the hell is this Reynolds guy.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who the hell is this Reynolds guy.

E2D4453E-8C47-4A64-B431-E5616A8438B0.jpg

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does the Governor have to sign this bill? Are we sending emails to deaf ears? should we be sending emails to the Governor instead?

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sent the Governor a email, Since legislators feed bull, that it has over whelming support and asked Governor Burgum not to sign it

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
It sounds like the Committee might vote TODAY.

This bill has not gotten any better and the issues are becoming more and more apparent. I think this is why it has taken so long because they can't sort out this mess.

I urge you, ONE MORE TIME, to email the house ag committee and tell them to vote no.

Thanks all.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The word is that 2315 is changed again and will be a statewide no trespass bill. There will not be an app. This bill will hit all outdoor users, not just hunters. Nick listed the House email in his first post below. They all need to hear a Do Not Pass. Copy, Paste, Send.

njsimonson; [B said:
Additionally, please email your representatives in total and request that they VOTE NO on what has become the worst possible solution to an overhyped and relatively minor problem, oversold to landowners who have been exploited by the Special Interests behind the bill. [/B]

mkadams@nd.gov;bertanderson@nd.gov; dickanderson@nd.gov; pkanderson@nd.gov; tbeadle@nd.gov; rcbecker@nd.gov; lbellew@nd.gov; jblum@nd.gov; tboe@nd.gov;gdbosch@nd.gov; jboschee@nd.gov; mbrandenburg@nd.gov; rbuffalo@nd.gov; cdamschen@nd.gov; jdelzer@nd.gov; bdevlin@nd.gov; gdobervich@nd.gov; jddockter@nd.gov; meidson@nd.gov; sertelt@nd.gov; cfegley@nd.gov; jayfisher@nd.gov; jgrueneich@nd.gov; rguggisberg@nd.gov; lbhager@nd.gov; krhanson@nd.gov; phatlestad@nd.gov; cheadland@nd.gov; pdheinert@nd.gov; rholman@nd.gov;jahoverson@nd.gov; mchowe@nd.gov; craigjohnson@nd.gov; djohnson@nd.gov; marycjohnson@nd.gov; dljohnston@nd.gov; tbjones@nd.gov; tkading@nd.gov; kkarls@nd.gov; jkasper@nd.gov;gkeiser@nd.gov; kkempenich@nd.gov; dhkiefert@nd.gov; lklemin@nd.gov; bkoppelman@nd.gov; kkoppelman@nd.gov; gkreidt@nd.gov; vrlaning@nd.gov; mlefor@nd.gov; dlongmuir@nd.gov;sclouser@nd.gov; jmagrum@nd.gov; amarschall@nd.gov; bmartinson@nd.gov; amcwilliams@nd.gov; lmeier@nd.gov; amitskog@nd.gov;crmock@nd.gov; dmonson@nd.gov; mrnathe@nd.gov; jonelson@nd.gov; menelson@nd.gov; eobrien@nd.gov; mowens@nd.gov; bpaulson@nd.gov;gpaur@nd.gov; cpollert@nd.gov; tkporter@nd.gov; bpyle@nd.gov; dwrichter@nd.gov;sroersjones@nd.gov; kmrohr@nd.gov; druby@nd.gov;mruby@nd.gov; masanford@nd.gov; blsatrom@nd.gov; mischatz@nd.gov; aschauer@nd.gov; jeschmidt@nd.gov; mschneider@nd.gov; rschobinger@nd.gov; cschreiberbeck@nd.gov; lsimons@nd.gov; kskroch@nd.gov; vsteiner@nd.gov; mstrinden@nd.gov; nptoman@nd.gov; wtrottier@nd.gov; btveit@nd.gov; smvetter@nd.gov;dwvigesaa@nd.gov; rweisz@nd.gov; gwestlind@nd.gov;dzubke@nd.gov

image.jpg

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Political suicide. This is why we can’t trust these politicians or these special interest groups.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well, it got so far off track that I started wishing they would have just stuck with a statewide no trespass bill with no database or app.
I guess it is back to that now, and I'm thinking maybe their sneaky little plan worked!

I'm truly glad they kicked the database piece out of the equation if indeed that's what is true. That would have made things more inconvenient for landowners and the people who wanted to seek permission to use that land, plus would have wasted a lot of time, resources, and money.

I still hope this doesn't pass this time around, but I personally prefer the cut and dry no trespass bill over the poorly-conceived database debacle as the lesser of two evils.

With all land considered posted without the need for signs, it certainly does make it more difficult to track down landowners in many cases. It also is an added burden to those landowners who didn't want to post their land. HOWEVER, if this passes try to remember that most hunters and other outdoors enthusiasts and most landowners get along fine with each other in this state. Most of them understand the give and take needed from each other and appreciate what each brings to the livelihood of the other and to their shared communities.
There are a few a-holes and folks who care for no one but themselves on both sides of the fence, which undoubtedly led us down this path in the first place. That doesn't mean it is the end of all things good in ND - unless we individually allow that to be the case I guess.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got this gem last night......*sigh*.......where to begin? Her condescending tone? Using kids as pawns to make laws? The always has been, always will be criminal activity that always seems to fall on hunters?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

To people who emailed me regarding 2315: this was the response I composed to an irate hunter but is suffices for all the emails I have received.

You have been misinformed about the bill — there is no decision out of committee at this point. But, in response, the real tragedy is what landowners have been subjected to by hunters who do not respect posted land. It includes dead livestock, livestock that when slaughter have shot or bullets in the meat so are rejected, runaway livestock, crop ruined, lawsuits when a hunter is injured, personal safety issues and I can go on and on. It is a privilege to be on private land yet hunters appear to think it is a right. Landowners have taken abuse beyond belief —- and with the current law the opportunity to prosecute offenders is limited. Please take a step back and recognize the situation. No matter what the the bill states, landowners have stated they will close/post their land because of the abuse.

__________________________________And may I add, young hunters have a different opinion — please read below and know that a group of “high school” hunters from Edgley ND attended a subcommittee meeting and those that hunted all indicated they asked permission to hunt plus related multiple problems with hunters who do not.

I am ———— from the Carson, North Dakota area. I am currently a freshman at North Dakota State University. Hunting has been a long time passion of mine. In hunter safety, I learned that it was right and just to ask the landowner for their permission to hunt on the land they own. Most of the landowners that allow me to hunt only simply want to who is on their land and what they are doing. I believe this bill is the answer to stop all the confusion between hunters and landowners.

This bill will allow us to close the gap between us hunters and landowners. I do not believe this will impact hunting in our great state. It is time we pass this bill SB 2315 it is the compromise that both parties are looking for. If we do not pass it tomorrow morning it will be back next legislative session.

As a young hunter, I encourage you to vote yes on SB 2315! I am looking forward to my drive out from Fargo in the morning to watch the vote happen in person. Please vote yes

--
Best Regards,

Respectfully,
Cynthia Schreiber-BeckDistrict 25 Representative
Agriculture and Education Committees
cschreiberbeck@nd.gov
Mobile: 701-899-3232
Tri-State Aviation, Inc.
1251 Pegasus Road
Wahpeton ND 58075
Office: 701-642-5777
cindy@tri-stateaviation.com

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
First off, what a bitch. Second, how is making all land no trespass going to stop what she's complaining about. Criminals will be criminals. THEY ALREADY BREAK THE LAW ON POSTED LAND ;:;banghead

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
[FONT=&quot]I got the same response from her...here is my response to her and then her follow up.

Thanks for the reply Cindy! However I disagree with your assessment that "hunters" caused those damages to the landowners property...they are Criminals and Poachers Not Hunters! This law will not stop that behavior what so ever. There needs to be stiffer penalties for littering, poaching and tresspassing for that type of law breaking to decrease. ND state law also protects landowners from liability if the land is not posted. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This bill has anti hunting written all over it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Trying to create a law to appease the very small masses is absurd to say the least. I urge a NO vote.

Her response...

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]— there are no amendments to 2315 as of this minute so the info you received is in error. The committee will be discussing the bill tomorrow. And don’t disagree, the penalties should be stiffer but the problem is the signs — taken down, etc. And if the signs are missing, it is difficult to prosecute anyone. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Respectfully,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cynthia Schreiber-Beck [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]District 25 Representative[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Agriculture and Education Committees[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109