SB 2315 - In Cmte 3/14 - ACTION REQUIRED!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
2vrgv4.jpg

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
I hear ya BBQBluesMan. My prediction is many landowners won't participate in the database system for a plethora of reasons but will instead continue doing things the way they always have. Physical posting of land supersedes the online database. When landowners opt not to participate in the database their land will be marked open on the database but will be legally posted through the use of physical posted signs if present.

If my prediction of landowners not participating in the database comes true, the amount of confusion and frustration will increase which will lead to an increase in both unintentional and intentional trespassing. All of this for 54 trespassing violations in 2018 and for the low low cost of $250,000-$2,000,000 depending on which estimate you decide to use.

How does this law help prevent trespassing? How will this affect hunter retention and recruitment? How will this affect landowner/sportsmen relationships?

This bill should die for many reasons.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
SB 2315 is not just detrimental to hunting in ND but it will also greatly affect fishing opportunities as well. Less revenue into the game and fish will result in less being spent on fishing programs.

How many of you enjoy fishing Devils Lake or the coulees in the spring? Well if this bill passes there will be no fishing allowed in many of these spots unless you have permission. The law will close down access for fishing automatically so this app will not give you access. Can you imagine the people packed into an even smaller area. This is bill is bad for all sportsmen.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it passes I say just hunt anything and everything. The databases will be so confusing no judge is going to prosecute you until it's fixed.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
I received one response thus far:

"7 states surrounding ND have all lands as closed to hunt without permission, this bill opens all lands unless the landowner should chose to do differently on individual partials.

The basics behind SB 2315 have been around for many years and been contentious between landowners and sportsmen.

I do believe that SB 2315, in it’s current amended form, is something that meets all parties concerns in a positive mannerand most I have communicated with seem to concur. This, as any new law, is not perfect, but I believe it is a good start and together we can build a great product.

First off, the current bill has been amended, (see page 3, Section 2, lines 23 thru 31) to list all lands as “open” to hunt, requiring the land owner to do something different if he/she choses to require the hunter to ask permission or totally close a land partial to hunting all together. The original bill listed everything as “closed” to hunting and this was of concerns from both landowners and hunters.

The balance of the bill, 4, 5 and 6, describe various aspects and provide for a Legislative Management study over the 2019-20 interim. Subsection 6 provides for a Hunters access advisory group.

​The hunters access advisory group consists of:
a.The agriculture commissioner or the commissioner's designee;
b.The director or the director's designee;
c.The chief information officer or the officer's designee;
d.A representative of the North Dakota association of counties;
e.Two members of an agriculture committee; and,
f. Two members of a sportsmen committee

In passing SB 2315, as written and coupled with the legislative study, I believe we can and will enhance landowner/hunter relations as well as provide for a positive, proactive future to our ND Outdoors for generations to come. Please join me in helping to pass SB 2315 and improving it through the study.

To read and research SB 2315, go to nd.gov, then “ND Legislative Branch” website, find the “Send me to bill number (______)”, type in 2315. It is an easy read, only 6 pages with about 1 ½ pages lined out. Form your opinion and contact me btveit@nd.gov before Thursday, 14 March.

Bill Tveit, District 33ND House of Representatives
701-870-4014 "

Copy & Paste .. Same response as well Crock of $hit indeed

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When the vote on 2315 is held check the Yeas and Nays against the vote on 1428, the Missouri River Land Grab. That vote is here:

The question being on the final passage of the bill (1428), which has been read, and has committeerecommendation of DO NOT PASS, the roll was called and there were 38 YEAS, 54 NAYS,0 EXCUSED, 2 ABSENT AND NOT VOTING.

YEAS: Becker; Bellew; Blum; Brandenburg; Dockter; Grueneich; Hager; Hatlestad;Headland; Hoverson; Johnson, C.; Johnston; Jones; Kading; Kasper;Koppelman, B.; Koppelman, K.; Laning; Lefor; Magrum; Marschall; Paulson; Paur;Pyle; Richter; Rohr; Ruby, D.; Schatz; Schauer; Schmidt; Schreiber-Beck; Simons;Skroch; Steiner; Strinden; Trottier; Vetter; WestlindPage 539540 JOURNAL OF THE HOUSE 23rd DAY

NAYS: Adams; Anderson, B.; Anderson, D.; Anderson, P.; Beadle; Boe; Bosch; Boschee;Buffalo; Damschen; Delzer; Devlin; Dobervich; Eidson; Ertelt; Fegley; Fisher;Guggisberg; Hanson; Heinert; Holman; Howe; Johnson, D.; Johnson, M.; Karls;Keiser; Kempenich; Kreidt; Longmuir; Louser; Martinson; Meier; Mitskog; Mock;Monson; Nathe; Nelson, J.; Nelson, M.; O'Brien; Owens; Pollert; Porter; RoersJones; Ruby, M.; Sanford; Satrom; Schneider; Schobinger; Toman; Tveit; Vigesaa;Weisz; Zubke; Speaker KleminABSENT AND NOT VOTING: Kiefert; McWilliamsHB 1428 failed.

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to thank Terry B. Jones for his response..."Thanks"...now I'll be able to sleep at night if I drink enough blue smoothies, until then I'll be wondering if he thinks of me as another constituent he has support from or if I got the ole eye roll when my email came through to him.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
They've gone full retard.

That facebook page is something else. I cant wait for this fall! Going to be awesome pulling into yards with those signs! :;:stirthepot

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are all counties required to enter the database? So far no, and they only are required to opt-in when they do meet the GIS criteria. Which counties like Ransom do not, because they do not require contact information (phone) for landowners. It will be piecemeal, slow and confusing from one ditch along a county line road to the other.

If not, whom decides in the counties of North Dakota to enter their respective county in the database? Unknown at this time.

What if a landowner doesnt care if people hunt waterfowl or upland but want their land posted for deer season? We do not know the ability of a landowner to go into the database/parcel map and post for certain seasons, and unpost for others. I would HOPE that would be an option and easy in real-time, like updating a Facebook status, but seeing that the ND Secretary of State's office just started online filings (10-15 years behind most other states), I have ZERO confidence in the government managing this program.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Nothing burger. Over the years Farm Bureau has similar signs four or five times. The funny one was "No Hunting Until Wheat Reaches $5.00." The next winter wheat went up past 5 and the signs were still there the next year. Keep up the pressure on the legislature. This bill might dissolve into just an interim committee study, which would be fine. There would be economic FACTS brought out about the importance of public hunting to the state.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
That facebook page has only 50 likes and looks like some old fart named Bob Wheeler is behind it. I wouldn't worry too much about those signs and the page

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this stupidity passes, there will be WAY more people with signs that say "Voting to repeal Agriculture Subsidies and Homestead tax breaks for farmsteads due to the passing of SB 2315" than there will be with these stupid lockout signs. I don't think many landowners quite comprehend the magnitude of the backlash that could come from this insanity. The repeal of easing the weight restrictions on roadways for Ag activities would be another easy target for non-landowner voters who's tax dollars pay for road repair. Pesticide transportation on roadways without hazmat certification for Farmers and Ranchers is another prime target for non-landowner voters. This SH^T could get real.....very quickly. I REALLY hope this thing dies. I'm not even close to kidding.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well this is getting about as ugly as I feared. EVERYONE is going to lose on this, pass or fail of the bill. So much for neighborly ND. I’m gonna talk to dad about putting our land into PLOTS I think.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62