SB 2315 - In Cmte 3/14 - ACTION REQUIRED!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
what is the name of the facebook page

- - - Updated - - -

never mind

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well this is getting about as ugly as I feared. EVERYONE is going to lose on this, pass or fail of the bill. So much for neighborly ND. I’m gonna talk to dad about putting our land into PLOTS I think.

I couldn't agree more Meelosh and I fear the small landowners (under 5000 acres) will get the short end of this before it's all said and done. If this passes, I figure the longevity of the anti-corporate farming law in ND will be about two years as that whole law was to protect the family farm. Once the urbanite sportsmen are blocked from enjoying the outdoors like before, I figure the positive sentiment for the family farm will probably evaporate to a large extent and without that non-landowner support for family farms, you can kiss the family farmer Gooooooood Byyyyyyyyeeeeee. Which might be the whole point of this insanity in the first place.

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not a large landowner but a landowner none the less and I did send my reply with the title Vote NO on SB 2315 so they do not have to open it to read it. I would hate to see ND go down this road.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't surprise me at all landowners I talked to are all in support. Even to the point they say this is a shitty bill but are still in support.

thats strange because I'm a land owner and I'm not in support of this. I haven't talked to one of my neighbors that is in support of this except for the ones involved in the Stockmens Association and they might have drank to much of the koolaid.

I can't see how anyone would support this bill as it is. The people that wanted the all land is considered closed unless posted open shouldn't support this now as its no where near what it was that they wanted in the first place. For the record I didn't support that bill either. As its written it doesn't make access easier it just makes it more confusing. I can't understand why the law can't stay as is with maybe stricter penalties for trespassing.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
thats strange because I'm a land owner and I'm not in support of this. I haven't talked to one of my neighbors that is in support of this except for the ones involved in the Stockmens Association and they might have drank to much of the koolaid.

I can't see how anyone would support this bill as it is. The people that wanted the all land is considered closed unless posted open shouldn't support this now as its no where near what it was that they wanted in the first place. For the record I didn't support that bill either. As its written it doesn't make access easier it just makes it more confusing. I can't understand why the law can't stay as is with maybe stricter penalties for trespassing.

​That very well might have something to do with it.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
For sure NO winners here!! This bill reminds me of the winter after lake chips came out and all my spots got pirated!!! Or now after game and fish decided everyone gets a ribbon and tells everyone all the info and where to fish!! Every land owner i have talked to says they are permanent arizona residents now with no phone numbers!! lol but true. I think they should seperate Game from Fish now because i do not want to pay for any more GAME issues, and watch Fish stockings fall off the charts because they can not afford them!! Hoping I am wrong!!!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So as it now stands i need do tell someone how i want my land color. If not then it will be color green and open to hunting for all.
Now if i say red and close i still need to put signs up to make it legally closed and to be able to charge someone with trespassing.

No or yes?

Today I need to put a sign up and tomorrow I will still need to put a sign up.

Maybe if i go to a strange area for me i can go on my computer to see what land in that area is color however even if it green that does not mean i can hunt on it.

Maybe I got this all wrong but in the end it would seem land owners will just call in and make all their land red to be done with it. Hopefully they make sure that person does have control of land in question. Can I do that on my rented land?

One time a guy told me if I post his land I could hunt on it. Well 10,000 acres of own and rented land all over the place, a few hundred into lumber and signs and many hours into running around, I understand why he gave me that deal (ended up hunting some game birds for one afternoon on about 160 acres) as I never did get it done but now all he has to do on the surface is just tell a computer to color all this land red and most will think it is closed. If me with that land seems like a good deal and a lot less work and cost even if it still does not legally close the land.

I fail, unless I do not understand how this works, how this is a good thing for all concern even i as a land owner.

Hell us landowners were at times the only one getting a tag by gratis and now I as a landowner want to take it an additional step and not allow any non land owners hunting even if one day they do get a tag by tying all the land up.
Fine I will take my ball home with me and see how that works for all you buttheads as I sure do not need you in my life. db

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Hearing is Thursday. The House Natural Resources Committee has been invited to sit in. They can weigh in. In the end the vote will be made by House Ag Committee members.

Two years ago there was a pilot program idea where three counties would participate in an all land posted trial. It failed. We might be back to that where three counties participate with the green, yellow, red option to kick start the transition.

ps Thursday wind gust could be 40 mph. Make your travel plans accordingly.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND outdoors day at the capital today 8am to 1pm. Come down and say hi to your legislators and tell them to vote NO on SB2315.

- - - Updated - - -

GST throwing KDM under the bus by copying and pasting comments. Weaponizing discussions. Just like he always said he would do!! He's a cancer.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gst is quoting me on other sites? I don't know if I should be flattered or frighted. I'm not going to read his comments as I suspect he's twisted them to support his agenda or to say I don't support Agriculture. Which would be incorrect as I do in fact support Ag and don't want anything to happen that would negatively impact Ag which is why I want SB2315 to die. Either way, I'm tired of the insanity, ignorance, and stupidity and am finished with this issue as well as the CWD issue. I've used the best information, evidence, facts, and science that I can along with my personal life experience to support myself and try to avoid conflicts in the future on both of these issues and I can't do any more. Stay Warm and Be Safe Everyone!!

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Read risingsun's article. A good piece. So then I read the comments. Holy shit...…….a comment by gst. Ufda

He just loves picking those scabs. I'd also bet a fair amount of money he asked you to post this.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
I received my third reply thus far:

Thank you for contacting me regarding SB 2315. I too have concerns about the bill and plan to vote Do Not Pass. Unless there are significant amendments to the bill.
In Service,
Gretchen

Representative Gretchen Dobervich
Minority Caucus Leader
District 11 Fargo
North Dakota House of Representatives
600 E Boulevard Ave, Bismarck, ND 58505
gdobervich@nd.gov

Let's keep our eye on the ball and keep sending our comments to our elected officials.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this passes in a couple of weeks when I get my license it will not be a combination license. I will just buy the fishing license. I encourage everyone else to do the same. We will see how the ND fish and game will like the drastic drop in license revenue this spring when everyone is just buying a fishing license.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
He just loves picking those scabs. I'd also bet a fair amount of money he asked you to post this.

Nope, I haven't talked to gst since the felony animal cruelty Bill at the Capitol several years ago. He was surrounded by an entourage of his friends. They didn't eat at the cafeteria at lunch time but instead went to a neutral place. They had a lot of fun just doing their own thing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 73