SB 2315 - In Cmte 3/14 - ACTION REQUIRED!

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Here is her entire email.....I too will pitch in the the local newspaper

Thereare some very good properties in SB 2315. There has been false and distortedinformation circulated about this bill. I have the privilege of hearingtestimony about it in the Ag Committee tomorrow and will know much more then. Iwas able to listen to testimony when it was heard in the Senate Ag Committee.The committee will work to make improvements. Every bill evolves throughout thevetting process including conference committee work where final versions arehammered out and language refined.

Posting land is timeconsuming and often involves much travel to reach various plotsof land. Then when hunting season is over, every sign needs to beremoved which involves a repeat of the same time and labor commitment. Then,all a trespasser needs to do is pull down a sign and claim they didn’t see it.With that, if caught, they can not be charged with a trespass violation. Myhusband and I have experienced this personally. We have friends who have hadsimilar experiences.

People who own lots in town arenot required to place “No Trespassing” signs on their lawns or lots. It isassumed that individuals are not permitted to simply enter their property. Iwonder how they would feel if during parade season (vs hunting season) wearrived with our ATV, parked on their lawn and pitched a tent, started up ourgrill, ate, drank beer and threw the cans and our trash on their lawn, shottheir dog for target practice and as we left did a 6” deep burnout on theirfreshly planted grass.

With this law, we can bothlimit unwanted trespass and enhance access for hunters, trappers and soforth. This has been a nagging issue for years that has not been addressed inpart because land owners are a minority. A solution is long overdue and I hopepeople will keep an open mind while SB 2315 works its way through the process.Then, every bill is required to have an up or down vote.
Thank you for reaching out tome. Please keep in tough.
Kindly,

RepresentativeKathy Skroch
District26

She's horrible at typing

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I received the same response from her. I just spent the last 15 minutes typing up a respectful response to her. I also told her that I hope the rest of the sportsmen and sportswomen she represents know how she feels about them.

Remember to keep it respectful people, or we will be cast as the irrational ones. But, make it clear that you feel strongly about this and you are involved in the process and it will impact the way you vote next election.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What the hell is she talking about when she says all signs have to be removed.
Sure is crazy a legislator doesn’t know the current laws and has the power to change them. She has 3 false statements in that email that has been widely distributed to all of us. Maybe we should invite her to debate this on NodakAngler?

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
shes at the capital right now in the committee hearing if you want to go call her out. Resumes again at 2pm.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Response:

That was a very poor example, Kathy. I do not doubt that bad things have happened to landowners in the Lidgerwood area but this law will not change that. It will not catch the people doing those things. Increase penalties, hire more law enforcement, don’t build a very expensive database.

[FONT=&quot]Technology is only as good as it can be implemented. There are still a lot of people out there without smartphones. There is still a lot of areas in our great state (especially Richland/Sargent County!) that lack enough cellular coverage to use that much data. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Landowners don’t change signs every year. They don’t have to. If there is an intent to post then someone can get ticketed.

Her RE to me:
Hi Mr. Krueger,That in fact is a sample event based on real experiences I can assure you. Everyone has their own experience. Landowners who have no permanent fencing and do not want to drive around permanently placed posts do in fact place temporary signs and remove them.
Kindly,
Representative Kathy SkrochDistrict 26

[/FONT]

PS - My last name is not Krueger

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
"PS - My last name is not Krueger"

lol... seems like maybe she's juggling a few too many responsibilities

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My Response:

That was a very poor example, Kathy. I do not doubt that bad things have happened to landowners in the Lidgerwood area but this law will not change that. It will not catch the people doing those things. Increase penalties, hire more law enforcement, don’t build a very expensive database.

Technology is only as good as it can be implemented. There are still a lot of people out there without smartphones. There is still a lot of areas in our great state (especially Richland/Sargent County!) that lack enough cellular coverage to use that much data.

Landowners don’t change signs every year. They don’t have to. If there is an intent to post then someone can get ticketed.

Her RE to me:
Hi Mr. Krueger,That in fact is a sample event based on real experiences I can assure you. Everyone has their own experience. Landowners who have no permanent fencing and do not want to drive around permanently placed posts do in fact place temporary signs and remove them.
Kindly,
Representative Kathy SkrochDistrict 26

PS - My last name is not Krueger

Bahaha! How in the hell did she get voted in?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bahaha! How in the hell did she get voted in?

exhibit A

2Q==
573960_v9_ba.jpg

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was at the hearing for the morning but had to leave at noon at the lunch break. I didn’t get a chance to testify but was told another hearing will be Thursday next week, time TBD.

The way the ‘for’ side presented itself, I think they have counted noses and feel they already have it in the bag. Especially the one incredibly disrespectful young woman that rolled her eyes and sarcastically mouthed ‘oh my god’ every time something was said that she disagreed with. I would presume she thought she was the smartest one in the room while not realizing she probably wasnt even considered as one of the adults in the room.

My thoughts on it are the legislators are tired of discussing it every session, something like 9 times now, and are thinking the database is probably the best deal sportsmen are going to get. Maybe they’re right. If this fails again, it will be back again in two years. The ‘fors’ will have their ducks in a little bit straighter row, likely greased the right palms, and we might not even get the database. I hate to sound defeatist but it’s not looking good.

P.S. will somebody, ANYBODY, please run against Erberle?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is how Great Britain got to the point where they outlawed fox hunting... drip drip drip

hunters are just cavemen waiting to go extinct

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
I reside in District 30. I have sent several e-mails to Senators & Representatives relating to SB 2315 expressing my concerns as many others have. I heard back from Sen. D. Larson almost immediately by phone! I have also received responses from a number of Senators and Representatives from around the state, some expressing support and others indicating that they plan on voting No. I appreciate their response. Interestingly, I have heard NOTHING from Nathe or Bosch from District 30 on this bill or any other that I have communicated about. When Senators and Reps outside my District take time to reply and my representatives in District 30 do not, that is Bull $hit. I will actively campaign for and financially support any conservative individual running against them in District 30. It's not as much about whether they support this bill, but rather their total disregard for communicating with their constituents. It is time for some new blood in our "Citizen led Legislature."

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
"House Agriculture chair Rep. Dennis Johnson, R-Devils Lake, said the hearing will be re-open March 21 for additional testimony from people who could not attend the joint hearing in Bismarck due to inclement winter weather."

It ain't over, till its over.
Rally the troops.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I guess we will have to drain th pot holes before we can drain the swamps.

Saint Hubert

It took me a while, but I just got done sending a personalized email to every single representative. So far, I have heard back from 3 with only one confirming a NO vote. I guess we shall see how things go.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
A little more back and forth with Kathy:

Mrs Skroch

So a 'no trespass' law is going to prevent people from shooting dogs, rutting up fields and breaking the law? You are out of your mind if that is what you actually believe. The game warden can ticket someone if they feel that there was intention to post that land. Based on your previous emails it seems that you have no idea of the rules that are in place currently and it does not feel like you have the bandwidth to understand them.

Posting land is not a difficult task, even if there is no fence to hang signs. I've had that real experience, I can assure you...

Will someone who is willing to pull out posted signs today not be willing to trespass or forge a document tomorrow? I bird hunt in your area occasionally and there is no duck/goose/pheasant worth getting a landowner upset about. 99.9% of the hunters out there have the same mindset. The current system is not broken so why dump a bunch of money to attempt to fix it? You should propose stiffer penalties and more funding for game wardens.

Do your constituents know that you oppose this bill? I would have a hard time believing that the majority of the people you represent are in favor of this. In fact, I know several that oppose your stance.

I do appreciate you responding to my emails however I feel like maybe your time is better spent trying to learn the rules and regulations before you completely upend them.

RE from her:
I was literally asking a question looking for responses. I have not made up my mind how I will vote. Please understand that there are many varying experiences. You have your opinion and I respect it.
Kindly,

Representative Kathy Skroch
District 26

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A little more back and forth with Kathy:

Mrs Skroch

So a 'no trespass' law is going to prevent people from shooting dogs, rutting up fields and breaking the law? You are out of your mind if that is what you actually believe. The game warden can ticket someone if they feel that there was intention to post that land. Based on your previous emails it seems that you have no idea of the rules that are in place currently and it does not feel like you have the bandwidth to understand them.

Posting land is not a difficult task, even if there is no fence to hang signs. I've had that real experience, I can assure you...

Will someone who is willing to pull out posted signs today not be willing to trespass or forge a document tomorrow? I bird hunt in your area occasionally and there is no duck/goose/pheasant worth getting a landowner upset about. 99.9% of the hunters out there have the same mindset. The current system is not broken so why dump a bunch of money to attempt to fix it? You should propose stiffer penalties and more funding for game wardens.

Do your constituents know that you oppose this bill? I would have a hard time believing that the majority of the people you represent are in favor of this. In fact, I know several that oppose your stance.

I do appreciate you responding to my emails however I feel like maybe your time is better spent trying to learn the rules and regulations before you completely upend them.

RE from her:
I was literally asking a question looking for responses. I have not made up my mind how I will vote. Please understand that there are many varying experiences. You have your opinion and I respect it.
Kindly,

Representative Kathy Skroch
District 26

A1817265-F487-4239-89A1-2CBE32DB1AE1.jpeg

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I reside in District 30. I have sent several e-mails to Senators & Representatives relating to SB 2315 expressing my concerns as many others have. I heard back from Sen. D. Larson almost immediately by phone! I have also received responses from a number of Senators and Representatives from around the state, some expressing support and others indicating that they plan on voting No. I appreciate their response. Interestingly, I have heard NOTHING from Nathe or Bosch from District 30 on this bill or any other that I have communicated about. When Senators and Reps outside my District take time to reply and my representatives in District 30 do not, that is Bull $hit. I will actively campaign for and financially support any conservative individual running against them in District 30. It's not as much about whether they support this bill, but rather their total disregard for communicating with their constituents. It is time for some new blood in our "Citizen led Legislature."

Im surprised you heard back from Larson, Ive tried contacting her several times this session and never hear a peep, same for both Nathe and Bosch. Ive even tried sending Nathe messages on facebook... Representatives who dont represent = worthless IMO.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Forgot to mention something from the hearing. It became clear through some questioning that member of the Ag committee had not actually read the bill as presented and had no clue how hunting ‘works’.

Coal24/7

First off, I am still in opposition of SB 2315. That being said I too emailed Kathy and she was good enough to call me. We had a very good, civilized conversation and she seems like a very level headed lady that DOES understand the sportsmans point of view and does want to hear concerns. I feel if she had her mind made up she would not reach out. I think we need to take a step back and if you have an arguement call her, she understands our point of view. Be civilized, let's not forget these folks have families and lives just like all off us. We just need to clear the fog and work together to keep North Dakota great.

MK

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79