Tackle storage

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bouncers in roll-up bouncer-tamer. I have 2, one ahead of the windshield, one behind. They have 4 pockets. I have 1/2, 3/4 1oz, and 2oz and try not to mix them. I labeled the pockets with a sharpie.

I have snaps in the 3700 boxes I keep #5 and #7 Shad-Raps in as that's my 2 most commonly used baits and they're nearly always out.

I keep a few plastics in "Tackle Wallets", basically large heavy-duty zip-locks in a zip-up nylon pouch. 4-Gal Sterilite totes for "back stock".

I'm lazy about spinners, I buy the Scheels pre-tied in 12 or 25pk w/quick clevis and have a Plano box full of different size, shape, color blades.

I was at a loss for jigs so I googled, "Jig Storage" and found someone had cut pipe insulation down into chunks that fit into a 3700 Plano then stuck the jigs into the foam. I label the top of each slot with a sharpie and draw a line until the weight changes. If I remember correctly the foam pieces are 1.25" tall each, sorry, I can't remember what the inside diameter of the foam. Not my idea, I full-on pirated this one.

coral.jpg

That jig box work as good as it looks after a few years of use?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never have a used spinner on dl to roll on to a spinner keeper. They always tear off sooner or later

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get this at Menards, its a lot cheaper

Tundra 5/8" x 3' Foam Pipe Insulation 4-Pack

$2.36 each

UT804urXW4XXXcUQpbXY.png

eliminator

Honored Member
tikka - take those pipe insulations---I use 1/2 inch---and put a 3/4 inch wood dowel (I put glue on the dowel) and slide it into the insulation and let it dry. Then I take self tapping screws and put them in about every inch and you can cut them whatever length you want and they make very good tackle tamers and they float if you happen to drop them in the water. I have been doing this for years and they are very inexpensive to make. The only downside to these is after being in the boat for a long time, the insulation starts to deteriorate and you may need to redo the insulation on them.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
tikka - take those pipe insulations---I use 1/2 inch---and put a 3/4 inch wood dowel (I put glue on the dowel) and slide it into the insulation and let it dry. Then I take self tapping screws and put them in about every inch and you can cut them whatever length you want and they make very good tackle tamers and they float if you happen to drop them in the water. I have been doing this for years and they are very inexpensive to make. The only downside to these is after being in the boat for a long time, the insulation starts to deteriorate and you may need to redo the insulation on them.

keep 'em out of the sun if possible!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76