G3 Angler Boats

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Done some research on the deep V G3 boats, went thru the 19ft Angler at the boat show Saturday...talked to the Yamaha factory rep. The boat is set up similar to the Lund Impact, similar price point as well. I like the fact that you can get the 19 foot boat with the Yamaha VF175 on it...that's plenty of motor for that boat. Just curious if any of you have experience with or knowledge of the G3 boats...thanks!

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nicely laid out quality boats that just do not have the name recognition or advertising of some competitors.

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
While I do not run that boat I have been running G3 for my guide boats since 2009 and I have been to the factory twice. I think they are great boats for the money, they stand behind their products and YES that Yamaha is awesome. I will try to answer any other questions you have.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
While I do not run that boat I have been running G3 for my guide boats since 2009 and I have been to the factory twice. I think they are great boats for the money, they stand behind their products and YES that Yamaha is awesome. I will try to answer any other questions you have.

Thanks Brad...appreciate it. The North Country guy is putting a quote together for me based on the motor/trolling motor/electronics I want on the set up. Will compare it to the Lund 1875 Impact XS quote I've gotten...go from there. The Impact is 18ft 11inches...96 inch beam. The G3 is 19ft 2 inches...also 96 inch beam. So size wise very similar...believe the G3 weighs a bit more. The Impact max hp is 150...like the fact the G3 is rated for 200hp...so no transom issue there. If prices come back very close will probably go with the Lund only for resale value down the road but man that Yamaha VF175 is a nice motor!

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Brad...appreciate it. The North Country guy is putting a quote together for me based on the motor/trolling motor/electronics I want on the set up. Will compare it to the Lund 1875 Impact XS quote I've gotten...go from there. The Impact is 18ft 11inches...96 inch beam. The G3 is 19ft 2 inches...also 96 inch beam. So size wise very similar...believe the G3 weighs a bit more. The Impact max hp is 150...like the fact the G3 is rated for 200hp...so no transom issue there. If prices come back very close will probably go with the Lund only for resale value down the road but man that Yamaha VF175 is a nice motor!

Best dealer around. They are better after the sale than they are before it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was in a g3 on lake erie in some big shit pre fishing for an flw there was a small craft advisory . I was super impressed with it and would not hesitate to get one if i was looking

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member

My dad bought the 1875 Impact brand new last year with the 150 4 stroke Merc. It is a very nice boat with lots of room. For what it is worth he had 20 hours on the motor and had to get a new one. Whatever kind of system was running the oil pump broke and burned up the motor. The thing that worries me is Mercury tried to just put a powerhead in because then the warranty on the motor will not start over. Well the powerheads were on backorder. Which tells me it sounded like a lot of problems but maybe I am reading it wrong. Mercury did treat him well through the dealer and gave him a brand new complete motor and started the warranty all over again. Luckily it happened at the end of September and not in the middle of summer. he got it back in about 4 weeks and actually got it back out last fall.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
G3 boats are made by skeeter. I looked at a 16 ft tiller for my river boat at north country and really liked it. Nice wide boat. North country was very hard to deal with and left a sour taste for me wanting to ever do business with them in the future. Ended up with a Lund fury but still wanted the G3.

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best dealer around. They are better after the sale than they are before it.
This is correct. My brother had an issue with a boat he bought last year. They took good care of him.

I have been told the G3s are very good and they really stand behind their product. I have no personal experience with them though.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks for all the input gents. Might be a moot point tho...got the quote back from North Country - significantly higher than I was expecting. The V19 with the Yamaha VF175/trolling motor/electronics/travel cover out the door is $4K higher than the Lund Impact 1875XS with the Merc 150XL Pro XS/same trolling motor/same electronics/travel cover. Today I'll ask North Country to price the V19 with the VF150, but reducing the motor still will not get the G3 to the same price point as the Lund. Was hoping to have a tough decision to make between the 2 boats but looking like it will be no contest...we'll see what NC comes back with. Thanks again for all your observations...appreciate the insight!

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think your on point with the price difference being as Yamaha is generally more expensive. I think they also have 6 years of warranty going right now as well. 4k in the grand scheme of things isn't all that much. I don't know where your thinking of buying the Lund from but you should definitely take a good hard look at the dealers you are looking to buy from. I've bought boats from bigger dealers with a little bit better price and had absolute shit luck after the sale getting anything taken care of. Where the smaller dealers may have been little more expensive but well worth the money in the service received after the sale. There are only 3 dealers in ND that I would buy a boat from and you are dealing with one of them.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.rivervalleyredwing.com/...ft-Boat-Competitor-205-Sport-Red-Wing-5666210

go put in an offer --- it may not be a lund however it has a yammy ----- and it will rock

- - - Updated - - -

g3s back when i was buying -- everyone said they didnt get up on plain well and they pushed water. I have never been in one - i cant say one way or other. I see that place in GF runs deals on them. Keep in mind -- in my opinion you have a lot of lookers and buyers now -- dealers can be choosey. Fall is the 1 time to buy a boat. If you review the marine economy you are seeing a slip right about now. Whether it keeps dropping is yet to be seeen. Up here - who knows - economy has been strong regardless of the farm prices; however i think this winter will take its toll later on this year.

The lund impact - my brother has one - i cant say a bad word about it ---- he paid through the nose buying it out west of the rockies.

Mercs --- so many of them - i am assuming that is why we here about the issues--- i would think % wise they probably have the same number of issues. Was Allan's 4 stroke an oil issue. I have a friend with a big 300 yammy that blew -- so they are all suspect.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think your on point with the price difference being as Yamaha is generally more expensive. I think they also have 6 years of warranty going right now as well. 4k in the grand scheme of things isn't all that much. I don't know where your thinking of buying the Lund from but you should definitely take a good hard look at the dealers you are looking to buy from. I've bought boats from bigger dealers with a little bit better price and had absolute shit luck after the sale getting anything taken care of. Where the smaller dealers may have been little more expensive but well worth the money in the service received after the sale. There are only 3 dealers in ND that I would buy a boat from and you are dealing with one of them.

Very good point Rizzo...I plan on keeping this boat for a long time so after purchase service certainly something to consider. I've heard nothing but good things about North Country with regards to service.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.rivervalleyredwing.com/...ft-Boat-Competitor-205-Sport-Red-Wing-5666210

go put in an offer --- it may not be a lund however it has a yammy ----- and it will rock

- - - Updated - - -

g3s back when i was buying -- everyone said they didnt get up on plain well and they pushed water. I have never been in one - i cant say one way or other. I see that place in GF runs deals on them. Keep in mind -- in my opinion you have a lot of lookers and buyers now -- dealers can be choosey. Fall is the 1 time to buy a boat. If you review the marine economy you are seeing a slip right about now. Whether it keeps dropping is yet to be seeen. Up here - who knows - economy has been strong regardless of the farm prices; however i think this winter will take its toll later on this year.

The lund impact - my brother has one - i cant say a bad word about it ---- he paid through the nose buying it out west of the rockies.

Mercs --- so many of them - i am assuming that is why we here about the issues--- i would think % wise they probably have the same number of issues. Was Allan's 4 stroke an oil issue. I have a friend with a big 300 yammy that blew -- so they are all suspect.

That's a lot of boat for that price Short...wow!

Ruddy Duck

Honored Member
Looks like on their website they've got a few holdovers that would save you quite a bit of money if you're willing to go to a different model.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very good point Rizzo...I plan on keeping this boat for a long time so after purchase service certainly something to consider. I've heard nothing but good things about North Country with regards to service.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a lot of boat for that price Short...wow!

Bosts will be cheaper if you go east. You have to weigh that versus having a local dealer nearby after the purchase.

There's a New 2017 21' G# Angler on Mpls Craigslist ( From a dealer in Wisconsin) 250 Yamaha/8 yamaha kicker/Ulterra/2 Garmins,etc.
$44,900.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Alumacraft was recently purchased by BRP, the parent company of Evinrude. BRP is probably pushing (maybe even incentivizing) dealers to push non-E-Tec powered boats out the door. That said, a non-current, non-BRP powered Alumacraft wouldn't bother me a bit as it relates to long-term support.

That offer above is boat, motor, trailer. If you're adding a kicker, middle-of-the-road electronics, batteries, rails/tracks rod-holders, and a good bow-mount figure on adding $5-$8K at least. I'm not saying it is't a great price, just be honest with yourself about what you're going to have to add and what it's going to cost.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alumacraft was recently purchased by BRP, the parent company of Evinrude. BRP is probably pushing (maybe even incentivizing) dealers to push non-E-Tec powered boats out the door. That said, a non-current, non-BRP powered Alumacraft wouldn't bother me a bit as it relates to long-term support.

That offer above is boat, motor, trailer. If you're adding a kicker, middle-of-the-road electronics, batteries, rails/tracks rod-holders, and a good bow-mount figure on adding $5-$8K at least. I'm not saying it is't a great price, just be honest with yourself about what you're going to have to add and what it's going to cost.

They had it on Craigslist at 5k less ----- they put glitter in the paint -- not quite a sparkly -- but when the water is smooth watch out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66