Ranger 2080ms

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Well, I ponied up for a new boat. I am not the type to buy anything new, so this is a big step for me. I had been looking for a few months, and was mostly between the Skeeter and Warrior. One of my requirements was to have jump seats. I often have 5+ people in the boat. I had always said that I will never buy a Ranger. Too spendy! I even walked into the boat show telling my buddies that were along that I might not even look at the Rangers.

When we walked by the 2080, it was my perfect boat. I would not change a thing on it, and the floor model was a charcoal color with dark plum accents. I fell in love with the color scheme.

cq5dam.web.1920.1920.png

I cannot find a pic of the color scheme, but this is the boat, except the red is a dark plum on mine.

I added 2 smooth move seats, a 15hp kicker all rigged up, and a Helix 9 in the dash. I will be adding another 9 or 10 on the dash and a 9 up front.

I did a lot of reading on that V8 Merc 250 Pro XS, and am equally excited to play with that.

I bought from Moritz, and I cannot say enough good things about the way they treated me. I will be a return customer when I upgrade in the future.

It is going to be a long 6 weeks, waiting to get 'er.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I ponied up for a new boat. I am not the type to buy anything new, so this is a big step for me. I had been looking for a few months, and was mostly between the Skeeter and Warrior. One of my requirements was to have jump seats. I often have 5+ people in the boat. I had always said that I will never buy a Ranger. Too spendy! I even walked into the boat show telling my buddies that were along that I might not even look at the Rangers.

When we walked by the 2080, it was my perfect boat. I would not change a thing on it, and the floor model was a charcoal color with dark plum accents. I fell in love with the color scheme.

cq5dam.web.1920.1920.png

I cannot find a pic of the color scheme, but this is the boat, except the red is a dark plum on mine.

I added 2 smooth move seats, a 15hp kicker all rigged up, and a Helix 9 in the dash. I will be adding another 9 or 10 on the dash and a 9 up front.

I did a lot of reading on that V8 Merc 250 Pro XS, and am equally excited to play with that.

I bought from Moritz, and I cannot say enough good things about the way they treated me. I will be a return customer when I upgrade in the future.

Nice boat Congrats! Skeeter made an incredibly stupid design change when they removed the jump-seats from the new WX series.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
congrats. Is it similar to the 2050 reata? I crawled around in one of those a few weeks ago and loved it. Will be a few years before I'm upgrading though.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
congrats. Is it similar to the 2050 reata? I crawled around in one of those a few weeks ago and loved it. Will be a few years before I'm upgrading though.

The Reata is almost identical, layout wise.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member

I looked at them a few years ago, big difference I noticed with the 2080 was in front of the windshield was set up like a 620 (flat deck with large rod storage at the deck level vs the reata having the storage in the floor). 2080 is set up a little better for fishing, reata a little better for family fun time from what I saw. One word of warning, got jump seats in my 2050, if you have 2 larger people sitting in the back and come down off plane fast, they will get a nice soaking. Not sure if the transom is a little different in those and maybe prevents that, but keep it in mind or you may piss a couple people off.

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I looked at them a few years ago, big difference I noticed with the 2080 was in front of the windshield was set up like a ranger (flat deck with large rod storage at the deck level vs the reata having the storage in the floor). 2080 is set up a little better for fishing, reata a little better for family fun time from what I saw. One word of warning, got jump seats in my 2050, if you have 2 larger people sitting in the back and come down off plane fast, they will get a nice soaking. Not sure if the transom is a little different in those and maybe prevents that, but keep it in mind or you may piss a couple people off.

Fatty's to the front. Got it.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
Looking forward to some reports, I'm due a new boat in the next 2-3 years and have been eyeing the 2080 angler, the wx2060, and the ZV19.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking forward to some reports, I'm due a new boat in the next 2-3 years and have been eyeing the 2080 angler, the wx2060, and the ZV19.

Good for you V!!

How does one get on the "due list" exactly? I want on please.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
I have a friend in Pierre SD that bought one very similar last fall. He smiles really big every time I ask him about it.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

cq5dam.web.1920.1920.png

Daaaaaaaammmmmnnnnnn!!! Congrats !!!!!!!!
This site must really be paying off huh?

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great rig, I would say I can't wait to see her at the Gov Cup, but since this years tournament will be on ice, will have to wait until next year.

Aucker33

Established Member
Purchased my 1880 last fall from Moritz and cannot be happier. I would have to say probably the best buying experience I've ever had.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats!! I saw that boat at the show and it is sharp! I agree on the Moritz comments. I’m still waiting for my new boat to show up, but so far they have been outstanding. I hope that continues! Curious why you have to wait 6 weeks? Is that just for ice out or something else?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Congrats!! I saw that boat at the show and it is sharp! I agree on the Moritz comments. I’m still waiting for my new boat to show up, but so far they have been outstanding. I hope that continues! Curious why you have to wait 6 weeks? Is that just for ice out or something else?

Someone else bought the show boat. Mine is on order.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats, I hear that is actually a fast hull that's what my two buddies that had them said.
For some reason they each had them a year and got rid of them, one got a 620 the other a warrior with a 350.
I saw the spring prices out there and thought the 2019 620 for 69 and 621 for 79 loaded price out the door were darn good.
But still way the hell out of my price range! ha ha
Your family and you are going to love that new boat! #$%^&>:;:thumbsup

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
6 weeks might be optimistic I think. Mines been on order since mid-December and no sign of it yet. I hope you’re right tho!

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone else bought the show boat. Mine is on order.
I’d like to see what kind of results your seeing later this summer on top end etc. I had a 1880 and loved it. Just wanted 20 and more tackle storage so went 620. I’ve been really happy with it! I’ve got a soft spot for those Anglers though. Even that 1880 rhode nice, but I’d really like to compare the 2080 to the 620 ride.

Either way congrats! I’m sure you’ll find yourself enjoying that boat a lot!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76