New CWD Proclamation

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll be watching this conversation from the safety of Montana. This. Is. Going. To. Be. Awesome.

798c254835b6eafc5b0608b374470649fbec23d4.jpg

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still looks to be only in the CWD positive units, not statewide. Kind of par for the course.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This will certainly stop CWD in its tracks. Or slow it down. A little bit.

Maybe.

Or maybe CWD is everywhere and always has been?

Well, whatever. It makes us feel good, that's what really matters. Thank God we took action.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
They may have added a unit or two but nothing has really changed by the looks of that

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just another joke in a long line of jokes, this isn't only to slow down CWD, maybe get rid of all the dam moose will help more than anything

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a brand new Moltrie deer feeder for sale if anyones looking. Looks like I'll need to resort to new tactics; or I'll quit hunting whitetails on private land and head to the badlands more.

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn’t they just post a video explaining that CWD is cured?

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
They think containing the deer in these units will stop it, they full of horse manure, so go ahead punish the hunters in that unit and tell them they cannot take the deer home to process. You have more chances of spreading it when you have to leave the carcass in the field for more deer to come in contact with it....brilliant move GF. Dumb. A deer carcass is more quarantined when the deer is processed out of contact of other deer then disposed at the landfill where its buried.....geee. Isn't that the point, keeping an infected deer away from the others????
Then the deer that are alive that are infected WILL congregate with other deer not matter what if there's a bait pile or not, so how they going to contain live deer from interacting with other deer????? its impossible. Just my thoughts

tulrich

This bait ban crap is just to make everyone feel like the GNF are doing something to control CWD. On the way home the other night I seen 200+ deer in a single corn field. I guess old man winter didn't get the bait ban memo.

mdriller

Montana, Wyoming and Colorado all have there troubles with CWD, yet somehow they think it is ok to feed thousands of elk on a National Elk Refuge with elk from 3-5 different states. And then im suppose to believe that my 300# corn pile (probably 20-30 occasional deer during bow)is going to wipe out every deer in the county. Dont get me wrong this is a bad deal and it will probably get worse and I myself am concerned, but id rather see a no winter feeding ban when local deer herds gather 100-200 head it would be easier to spread.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74