MT Combo Applications

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just a reminder that they have to be postmarked by Friday to get in. And remember if you’re sending in a paper app, you’ll need a cashiers check or money order. Good luck folks.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just a reminder that they have to be postmarked by Friday to get in. And remember if you’re sending in a paper app, you’ll need a cashiers check or money order. Good luck folks.

Why on earth are you sending in paper apps? It takes around 2 minutes online

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
To avoid the additional credit card charge they tack on.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why on earth are you sending in paper apps? It takes around 2 minutes online

Agreed with Wags. I don’t even blink at that extra charge because the online system is so easy.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I thought this was a safe place. Don’t judge me.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s the charge? Isn’t it like 2 bucks? Hope you bought some forever stamps before the last rate hike. Ha

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
MT usually charges to cover the 3% the payment companies charge on processing. Usually offset by rebate your card company gives you. They do that for every kind of state fee/application/registration.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It’s not your guy’s money. It’s mine. And while MT has some very fine people that always treat me great when I go there, their state government really likes to gouge the non-resident hunter. But if it really offends you guys so much, feel free to Venmo me $20 and I’ll apply online, just for you jackals. Since it’s just $20, it should be no problem right?

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s not your guy’s money. It’s mine. And while MT has some very fine people that always treat me great when I go there, their state government really likes to gouge the non-resident hunter. But if it really offends you guys so much, feel free to Venmo me $20 and I’ll apply online, just for you jackals. Since it’s just $20, it should be no problem right?

Guess my point is I like the piece of mind knowing 100% that my application was accepted. I like printing out a receipt . But yes they do gouge us and the price is ridiculous. I applied for the big game combo and bought a bonus and a pref point and it was $1,174.00. Holy f

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s not your guy’s money. It’s mine. And while MT has some very fine people that always treat me great when I go there, their state government really likes to gouge the non-resident hunter.

No BS there that’s for sure. I feel like if ND ends up going the block management route that it feels 2315 is hinting at ND will be seeing the same sort of prices. Main difference is other than the badlands ND doesn’t have the sort of “sexy” hunts a lot of guys are looking and willing to pay for.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would not trust usps to get it there lately they could fuck up a wet dream

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
May try the OTC tag for doe this year, and will probably be my back up tag in case ND deer lottery drawing kicks me to the curb this year.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree you can't trust the mail to get there.

I can't believe the prices they charge now for out of state tags.
If i remember correctly (my memory not so good after the stroke) we paid either $75 or $125. for combo tags back in the day for Montana.
I think then we were allowed an elk, deer, bear, and fishing if i recall correctly. Last time i went out there i think it was $600 or $800 for just an elk. Times have changed!
When we lived out there i think the Sportsman tag was like $12. maybe a little more.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Everyone who's applying for deer, elk, or combo just got "Meeloshed" into lower draw odds. Good thinkin'.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Planning on doing this, thank you for the reminder. Went through the Colorado fist job yesterday for preference points (had not done it in a few years) and had no idea about a 'qualifying license'...what a scam

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, that CO change was new this year.
Now you have to buy a small game hunting license for $81.75 in order to apply + the habitat stamp + application fee.
So great, no more $50 preference point fee. Instead, it costs you 90-something.
And if you do get drawn, it costs you 90+ more than it used to. This non-resident elk hunting is more of a rich mans game every year.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
colorado had 3 dollar preference points last year that really messed shit up they needed to do something.

fsnthntr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you fellars dont like the NR MT combo tag cost you can just keep hunting ND and maybe get a whitetail doe tag every 3 years. If you want to hunt a state where you can legitimately fill your chest freezer every year with delicious elk and deer meat, than pay the 1K and quit your bitching! The almost 8 million acres of block managent (PLOTS for you ND folks) that I get to hunt every year is largely funded by your NR license dollars so keep it flowing! The annual allocation of non resident tags will be filled via this lottery or left overs after this lottery so we will get you guys either way. Just be happy you guys got a state next door where big game opportunities are plentiful and there are massive expanses of public land to hunt! Once all your guys' private is posted you will appreciate the 30+ million acres of public ground the great state of MT has to offer and the 1K combo tag will seem like a bargain!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you fellars dont like the NR MT combo tag cost you can just keep hunting ND and maybe get a whitetail doe tag every 3 years. If you want to hunt a state where you can legitimately fill your chest freezer every year with delicious elk and deer meat, than pay the 1K and quit your bitching! The almost 8 million acres of block managent (PLOTS for you ND folks) that I get to hunt every year is largely funded by your NR license dollars so keep it flowing! The annual allocation of non resident tags will be filled via this lottery or left overs after this lottery so we will get you guys either way. Just be happy you guys got a state next door where big game opportunities are plentiful and there are massive expanses of public land to hunt! Once all your guys' private is posted you will appreciate the 30+ million acres of public ground the great state of MT has to offer and the 1K combo tag will seem like a bargain!

i don’t think tag prices are out of line with that said how many ribs have you had removed?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74