Snow totals

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can people please post where they are so we have reference? Don't need to know your address, but this storm is WIDE SPREAD!

Casselton area has steady snow but not huge accumulation. Very difficult visibility on the highway and wind whipping power lines like jump ropes.....

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rain and ice forming on tree limbs so far at Wyndmere. Wind out of the North at 18MPH.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some pretty wild looking pictures on SD travel map webcams . Some in ND are starting to show some pretty good snow.

https://www.safetravelusa.com/sd/

- - - Updated - - -

Wishek

wishekpavement.jpg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Little M - snowpack is going down fast. --- we need snow!!!!!!!!!

goodbye snow

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried to make it from Minot to Crystal (heading to Lake Winnipeg). Highway 66 is completely drifted in a few miles east of highway 1. I'm camping out in Langdon for the night. The things we do for huge walleyes.
The bridge that goes over Mauvais east of Cando a few miles was almost plugged when I went through at 1am.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried to make it from Minot to Crystal (heading to Lake Winnipeg). Highway 66 is completely drifted in a few miles east of highway 1. I'm camping out in Langdon for the night. The things we do for huge walleyes.
The bridge that goes over Mauvais east of Cando a few miles was almost plugged when I went through at 1am.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny how quickly overnight the weatherman's tune changed from widespread armageddon to "it'll be a problem for some but not for others" now that all schools are off and businesses closed. I spent the night at work to be here in the morning and we never got a flake overnight. I'm not complaining but damn I wish I could be so wrong so often and still have a job.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have at least 13 feet in mobridge at least that is what it feels like I can’t leave my house till the loader digs me out

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m about to walk out of the house without pants and face north. She’s blowing like crazy .

Last edited:

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny how quickly overnight the weatherman's tune changed from widespread armageddon to "it'll be a problem for some but not for others" now that all schools are off and businesses closed. I spent the night at work to be here in the morning and we never got a flake overnight. I'm not complaining but damn I wish I could be so wrong so often and still have a job.
With all the new technology at their disposal now, the meteorologists try and predict things to close. Have said it for years, all the sophisticated equipment in the world does NOT know when ol Mother Nature decides to through in a monkey wrench in the plans.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
We up here in NW are sitting here like...wow....we got nothing, on the outside looking in. Just kinda windy up here this AM but no moisture of any sorts. Its hammering the east side of the state, looked at the road report map...and from central ND to the east its pretty much shut down. Stay safe guys.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got maybe 1 measurable inch as of this morning on my driveway that is blocked from the wind. Yesterday and last night it was switching from sleet to liquid rain sometimes. Weather lady said this morning that it just hasn't hit us yet

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
94 to Jamestown and 29 from Fargo to Canada is closed. In town not bad at all. Bit slushy but that's it. Windy as all getout. Weather dude says we're supposed to get more snow today as the front to our west moves east. But I dunno.

My guys in Forks are stuck. I've seen some videos from the Grand Forks County Sheriff and it's brutal. No travel up yonder, that's for sure.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last weekend Bismarck was supposed to get 4-6" and we got 11", now again we are supposed to get 4-6" so ill shoot low this time and optimistically say 4".

I wasn't too far off with my guess to the low side, couldn't have got more than 2-3 inches or so in Bismarck. When i went to bed last night they were still saying 8" and we were right by the 12" line. This is two storms in one week they have completely whiffed on the snow totals in Bismarck. I wish i had a 200% margin of error at my job!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Big Wet Fart marches on in Little Minneapolis. Weather Bucket continues to gather critical data.

EF25C81D-285C-4342-905A-5DB226C2F7D3.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86