Snow totals

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
rural roads are horrible up here too. at least they were when i went to work. looks nice out the window. but, i suspect more of the same once i get out in the wind again.

- - - Updated - - -

and highway 2 is closed. as it should be. old 2 is a mess in the crary area and east.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would be amazed at how crappy the country roads around Bismarck were this morning. I slacked off because the kids were out of school and didn't even try to come in until almost 9. After seeing what I'd guess to be about an inch of snow in my driveway, I was floored at the drifting. I went through a pair of ~3 ft deep drifts before I went a couple miles. Two vehicles stuck in ditches, one main road was blocked off by LE, looked like they either had an accident they were dealing with, or were recovering another vehicle from the ditch.

Then I get into Bismarck and all was good, hell...it was like a ghost town!

I agree had to go from Travle from Wilton to wing Yesterday and drifting snow was allready causing problems by 4pm. Got the day off as nothing could make it here from the East.

Opened up all the blinds the sun is making for a really nice day outside. Might have to break out a T- shirt and take the dogs for a walk. I'm thinking someone slipped the weatherman a undo and said play this up!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
May not be as bad as you thought it would be wherever you are but take a look at the road cameras and guarantee you can't say the storm didn't hit! ND-13Mile308West.jpg

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey all you guys in Bismarck that were disappointed in their snow amounts, man feel your pain, if you want some fun take an hour drive south and east to see what you missed
You get a little extra down that way? Im actually pretty suprised at some of the drifting going on right now just outside of Bismarck. For 1.6” theres some nice drifts. Road is melting for 50 yds then bam 3ft drift.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
SD and NE have many places that are going under. Pray for them.

- - - Updated - - -

B8BBC691-3BF1-42F7-9E36-43CEAC17D130.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sioux Falls

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried it from Langdon to Crystal. 1/2 mile west of Hanks corner is completely drifted in. A gal was stuck there and tried to get her out. She left her vehicle and I drove her back to Langdon.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried it from Langdon to Crystal. 1/2 mile west of Hanks corner is completely drifted in. A gal was stuck there and tried to get her out. She left her vehicle and I drove her back to Langdon. Staying in Langdon for the night. Again! But this time in a hotel and not pickup! The things I do for greenbacks...

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried it from Langdon to Crystal. 1/2 mile west of Hanks corner is completely drifted in. A gal was stuck there and tried to get her out. She left her vehicle and I drove her back to Langdon.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried it from Langdon to Crystal. 1/2 mile west of Hanks corner is completely drifted in. A gal was stuck there and tried to get her out. She left her vehicle and I drove her back to Langdon. Staying in Langdon for the night. Again! But this time in a hotel and not pickup! The things I do for greenbacks...

At least you have company

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Most of Nebraska got hammered. Western with snow, and Eastern with rain. Since the ground is still frozen no rain was able to soak in and it all just ran causing major flooding as you saw in the picture of Columbus. Columbus was one of many towns...Entire towns have been evacuated downstream from the Spencer Dam on the Niobrara River that collapsed.
If interested in looking at some of the news:

https://journalstar.com/news/local/...ion_07d8fcb0-cbed-5315-b2cc-1ee34f68787b.html

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
whisperer...

ha ha ha... one of "those guys" eh?

Lol, yep. Hate to leave my customers hanging. First time in almost 4 yrs that the weather kept me from making my route. Live S of Horace and tried to get my oldest into town for a MRI on her knee at 1:30...that quickly turned into a bad decision and tucked tail and went back home.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
A co-worker's family evacuated everything including all their cattle from this system. They are an hour or so Northwest of Lincoln NE. Our ranchers and everyone else need some prayers. People are in danger and lots of calving going on.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nebraska is a total disaster now.. Wow.

The Journal Star link is an eye opener.

I lived in Lincoln a long time ago. It's a great state.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I work with a couple Nebraskans and we are just in awe of the shitstorm that has taken ahold of Nebraska.

Let's hope Mother Nature gets her virgin sacrifice before our melt season is upon us! We have about a 6-10 day window of little to no precip and gently above freezing temps. I hope it's enough.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to college in Lincoln NE for few years and have traveled through a lot of areas in trouble now. Wow what a mess. I noticed on the radar it looked like the took the brunt of this storm.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I work with a couple Nebraskans and we are just in awe of the shitstorm that has taken ahold of Nebraska.

Let's hope Mother Nature gets her virgin sacrifice before our melt season is upon us! We have about a 6-10 day window of little to no precip and gently above freezing temps. I hope it's enough.
Although it seems like every time I look at the forecast it creeps up a degree or two so it may make it interesting if that trend continues,.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prayers to everyone that got hammered.

- - - Updated - - -

We ended with maybe 2" of accumulation at my house but Highways around us didn't fair too good. Some are open pretty good and some are still shut down or in very bad travel condition.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thinks we have it tough until we look around and there is always someone having much harder times. :;:exactly
Thoughts and prayers out to Nebraska and everyone in need! :;:thumbsup

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82