Taxes

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
My brother in law is an Accountant and has done our taxes for 30 years. We have paid in every year. Now with the new tax plan, we can't itemize, as we just don't have the deductions. With that being said, my wife is self employed and I make money for my companies owners. This year was actually the least amount of money we have paid in. We used to itemize, but with the mark at $2,400 we came up just short. Also, my take home pay seems to be a little more the last year, and my co-workers have mentioned it to. Whatever the reason, I have not complaints for the complaint department.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wrote my check out last month, not one thing changed but cost me 3300 more than last year. The tax man said I can thank the dipshit in the WH and his new tax plan for the increase. *I paraphrased what he said in my words*

I'm not sure how that is possible. If "not one thing changed" you would be paying less as every tax bracket was lowered by 3% and the standard deduction was doubled. I have 95 tax clients and every one of them made out better under the new tax laws. If you were living in NY or California that might not be the case, but in ND there is no reason you should be paying more. Either something did change, your tax man is the dipshit.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure how that is possible. If "not one thing changed" you would be paying less as every tax bracket was lowered by 3% and the standard deduction was doubled. I have 95 tax clients and every one of them made out better under the new tax laws. If you were living in NY or California that might not be the case, but in ND there is no reason you should be paying more. Either something did change, your tax man is the dipshit.
Well, no offense meant but I don't know your income situation anymore than you know mine and nothing has changed on mine. Also, I'm going to trust the accountant I've had for the past 16 years more than someone posting on a public forum.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, no offense meant but I don't know your income situation anymore than you know mine and nothing has changed on mine. Also, I'm going to trust the accountant I've had for the past 16 years more than someone posting on a public forum.
He's actually correct.

If your income didn't increase there is no reason you should be paying more then you did last year. Your tax liability should have decreased along with everyone elses this year. You might want to have another tax professional look over your return to make sure you have not been screwed for the past 16 years!

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
No offense meant to you either. Something just doesn't sound right with your situation and I hate to see anyone pay even $1 more than they owe in taxes.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn, if I took the last few years in to someone else to check over and find out I've been overpaying that would definitely make a guy want to crawl into a hole

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 57