New trolling motor by....lowrance?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’ll be double the price of competitors technology and they’ll be updating it every year to make your model obsolete.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have also heard rumors that Garmin and Power Pole are foing to putnout bowmounts in the future as well.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are our own worst enemy when it comes to the latest and greatest. I grew up fishing with my dad in a $7000 fish/ski boat with a humminbird digital graph that was marginal at best and we always caught fish even in the tough times of the late eighties a and early nineties on the lake. Now I have a $40,000 boat and $3000 in electronics that show me everything and it almost seems like it was more enjoyable and relaxing back then. The keeping up with the jones and having the biggest engine and boat possible and the newest and greatest electronics has taken away from excitement and enjoyment of fishing. IMO. I live to fish but I often find my mind wandering back to those simple times of fishing with my dad and simple equipment

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My first boat was a 9ft Sun Dolphin...no trolling motor/no electronics...paddle power only but boy caught some nice walleye and pike in that thing!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
We are our own worst enemy when it comes to the latest and greatest. I grew up fishing with my dad in a $7000 fish/ski boat with a humminbird digital graph that was marginal at best and we always caught fish even in the tough times of the late eighties a and early nineties on the lake. Now I have a $40,000 boat and $3000 in electronics that show me everything and it almost seems like it was more enjoyable and relaxing back then. The keeping up with the jones and having the biggest engine and boat possible and the newest and greatest electronics has taken away from excitement and enjoyment of fishing. IMO. I live to fish but I often find my mind wandering back to those simple times of fishing with my dad and simple equipment

Kinda killing my new boat buzz cha chi!!!

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Works for me! Any of you guys that jump on it, I may need a new to me trolling motor this year.

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lowrance hasn't even acquired service centers yet. I know what their customer service rap sheet is like. I really wonder how much more accurate can we really make our equipment these days. I'm with Roy, the old boys who haven't got onto the new technology bad wagon. They still catch the hell out of them.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enough with the sparkle shame. God forbid a man to do well and buy some nice equipment.

NJL

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’d love to know what some peoples’ “cost per fish” is. Anyone here with a: sparkly boat, manufactured fish house, pimped our UTV, Snowbear, etc?

Yeah i started crunching those numbers, and trust me, you don't want to know the cost per hour; or even worse the cost per fish and cost per pound. ;:;badidea

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
my $900 boat with the cheap electronics it came with has won the last two tournaments its been in. ;:;rofl

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All that fun expensive stuff still does not make fish bite. It sure is fun though. I remember back in the day there was a cabin owners tournament on Sakakawea and we were just out of high school with no boat and everyone was fishing the tourney. My cousin and I grabbed the paddle boat from behind the cabin, a cooler of beer and fished in the bay. We would have beat 3 teams that day. sometimes it just does not matter.

3tt3v

Founding Member
Founding Member
my $900 boat with the cheap electronics it came with has won the last two tournaments its been in. ;:;rofl

My 30000 dollar sparkly boat with great electronics and a great trolling motor has been in many tournaments and haven't won any, but I sure do have a smile on my face and love fishing out of it. #$%^&>And yes, it's seen many nice wallys over the last 5 years. To each his own.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77