High Speed Internet

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is there any alternative to Midcontinent (Midco) in the Bismarck Mandan area? They were charging me $257 a month for Internet, Phone and Cable. I dropped the phone and cable, got a cell phone and TV antennae, and signed up for Sling for 25 dollars a month. Last month, Midco said I have a credit of 12 dollars according to the statement they sent me. All of a sudden I owe them 63 plus a ten dollar late fee. What gives?

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We went through the same BS with Midco when we sold our Bismarck home and moved to AZ. They said we had a credit and then we owed them money, went in the office again and they said no bill you have a credit and then got a bill from the billing dept again.
Called them and said we will pay this bill and that will be the end of it or you will be talking with our lawyer. Never heard another word from them.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm tired of dealing with Midco. Really haven't had any problems other than a terrible internet connection north of Mandan. Seems like we are constantly resetting the modem/router and always have a poor connection. I know Bek Communications installed a bunch of fiber last year in the area, but I haven't heard when they will start offering the service.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
I am a former Midco customer who now has BEK cable, DVR, and internet. BEK internet is far and away better than Midco. The cable and DVR is as good or slightly worse than Midco. Our service contract (new construction) is up in May and we will be getting rid of cable and DVR but keeping BEK internet.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep we’re on the nw corner of Mandan and our internet is suspect at best

- - - Updated - - -

With midco

oahelife

I work at Midco and would be happy to look into this for you. I'll need to get your address, but I'm not going to ask you to post it here. I manage the social team, and if you send us a private message on Midco's Facebook or Twitter page, we can dig into this and find out what is going on with billing. We have links for both Facebook or Twitter at Midco.com/Contact and link directly to the team there.

You could also reach us at 800.888.1300 or via live chat at the same contact link. Anyone can help you, but if you prefer to have me take a look, just ask them to send an email to the social team manager with your contact information, and I will get in touch. I will be traveling from Fargo to Sioux Falls this afternoon, so I will be unavailable for some time today.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Internet has been running awful slow lately so I decided to run a few speed tests. Here are the results of the first test. Mind you, we are paying for the 150mbps download package. Basically, we're paying $0.47/megabit but we're only receiving $0.33 worth of service for the $69.95/month package.....

midco.jpg

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Daktel - Jmst = turtle $70/mth
Download 46.7mbps
Upload 5.7mbps
Only access, had Wildblue. Was just as bad

Last edited:

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cut the cords about a year ago and haven't regretted it. I do like Midcos customer service but the prices are crazy. Right now all I get from Midco is their internet. We get the slowest internet package at 50 mps and it's fast enough to stream movies, games, phones, etc. I think most people really don't need much faster than that.

3tt3v

Founding Member
Founding Member
speed tests are a good start byut every device will give you what speed the processor type will handle

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
speed tests are a good start byut every device will give you what speed the processor type will handle

This and depends what other stuff you have connected going on at the time of speedtest also.

Midco does suck though their prices and packages all depend upon if you have another provider in the area. I live in a smaller town and have fiber internet with the local phone company, but midco is 40% cheaper here then people I know who live north of Bismarck.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76